ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire Williams-Cali Kid

Tarheel75

All-ACC
Oct 8, 2018
You may recall in one of my previous posts, I mentioned that there might be an additional 1 or 2 more potential recruits that would show up.

My intel just mentioned that most likely there would be another visitor from California. At first I thought he was mistaken and it was Boogie, and perhaps a local High School underclassman or two. Turns out, he was right, and as usual, I was left wandering with my thumbs stuck up my arse.

Spoke with him this morning, and was informed that the kid came on his own dime, and is serious about his interest in the Heels. Projections show him reaching 5 star status soon, if not already. I don't follow that stuff personally as I like the look tests. I want to see them play in an organized setting before I offer up opinions on players. Besides, those rating services are correct in their opinions less than half the time.

If any of you get the opportunity, do some research and see what you can find on this kid. Then post it here, if you would.

Could be, that Clint or someone else working for this site has interviewed him and posted info on him. I just haven't seen it.

Curiously information is out there.
Injury last season hurt him a bit but he said he is not making recruiting decisions "until way into my junior season". His circuit team is not playing with or for shoe people. How refreshing.

Last edited:
He reminds me very much of Brandon Ingram. Guard skills in an extremely thin 6-9+ package. Late bloomer.

He seems like a great student and is very interested in UNC. Good news for us.

Reactions: CJBlue
Tarheel75, you might want to ask your source are they getting info from IC PREMIUM, because its very ironic, that your intel seems to always come out after stories are posted from IC PREMIUM. The same info from there premium site, is your intel!

Tarheel75, you might want to ask your source are they getting info from IC PREMIUM, because its very ironic, that your intel seems to always come out after stories are posted from IC PREMIUM. The same info from there premium site, is your intel!
Soooooo... What are you getting at? If memory serves this poster had been saying for St least 1-2 before late nite that there would possibly be an additional surprise visitor

Regardless 0806, as I stated earlier, the exact info being passed as INTEL on this board is no no more than copy cat info from IC Premium. Just like info yesterday passed as intel, the exact same story was on IC.

Hopefully that answers your question!

You may recall in one of my previous posts, I mentioned that there might be an additional 1 or 2 more potential recruits that would show up.

My intel just mentioned that most likely there would be another visitor from California. At first I thought he was mistaken and it was Boogie, and perhaps a local High School underclassman or two. Turns out, he was right, and as usual, I was left wandering with my thumbs stuck up my arse.

Spoke with him this morning, and was informed that the kid came on his own dime, and is serious about his interest in the Heels. Projections show him reaching 5 star status soon, if not already. I don't follow that stuff personally as I like the look tests. I want to see them play in an organized setting before I offer up opinions on players. Besides, those rating services are correct in their opinions less than half the time.

If any of you get the opportunity, do some research and see what you can find on this kid. Then post it here, if you would.

Could be, that Clint or someone else working for this site has interviewed him and posted info on him. I just haven't seen it.

Hmmm. I had heard that this youngster was a lock for Stanford. Even if he isn't, I thought Coach Williams never got into a recruiting battle w/proteges?

Regardless 0806, as I stated earlier, the exact info being passed as INTEL on this board is no no more than copy cat info from IC Premium. Just like info yesterday passed as intel, the exact same story was on IC.

Oh ok I see what your saying now... Gotcha

Duly noted:

Can you give me some references so that I can refresh my memory. Not saying it's not so. But I will check it.

Same info on 4 corners. Maybe IC got it there.

I do not know anything about that site. Could what I post and what's being posted at that site have a common origin or source?

Doesn't matter, I do not plagiarize anyone, don't need to. Sorry if it appears
that way. Or you or anyone else can just ignore me. I'm used to that.

Paying your way to come all the way from California to North Carolina is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully we keep an eye on him.

That was my thought as well. Not an inexpensive flight. I admit, I am intrigued by this kid. I have found some articles on him, but nothing comprehensive. Gotta admit once again, I'm not very astute with this internet searching stuff.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Unless you are independently wealthy, you don't just fly across country on a whim. I choose to believe there is real interest from Mr. Williams.

Hopefully, Roy can work his magic.

Reactions: CJBlue and Archer2

Ok, I have finally found this site ( God help me , I am slow ).

I perused the subjects on the board that you can post on as well as the premium ? board where you can only view the subjects. It appears to be
an interesting place with a lot of activity.
As far as I could tell, there are some subjects that are the same as what we have been discussing, but, not being a premium subscriber, I could not see
any detailed discussions.

I take exception with your inference that I used information from this site.
First, as I have mentioned already, I do not plagiarize. I do not do premium, as I don't need to. I have my own ways of getting information on Carolina Athletics, and it has never involved a subject message board.

I could post numerous things surrounding the program that I am privy to.
If I were to do that it would defeat the purpose of these boards and maybe cause irreparable harm, and I would literally get my ass kicked within my own fraternity.
My intent, is to promote and provide as much interesting and thought provoking discussion within certain limits, that I can.

Last edited:
So this Williams kid is already in Roy's recruiting wheelhouse, #25 nationally at his position...if I read I right. And he missed some of his soph season.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Tarheel75, I SAID WHAT I SAID, and I stand by it. I REPEAT... FOLLOW ME! The exact info you you are passing off as intel, is the EXACT same information that is on IC PREMIUM. Its very possible your source is getting there info from IC, or heck, maybe even THI premium message board. We clear? You are taking exception to FACTS!

Tarheel75, I SAID WHAT I SAID, and I stand by it. I REPEAT... FOLLOW ME! The exact info you you are passing off as intel, is the EXACT same information that is on IC PREMIUM. Its very possible your source is getting there info from IC, or heck, maybe even THI premium message board. We clear? You are taking exception to FACTS!

Lighten up Francis.

No, we are not CLEAR. The facts are, you do not know what your talking about when it comes to me. I do not give a flip what is being said on that site, as I do not use it. Today is the first I ever seen of it. I've had it with you, I don't know who you are and I do not care who you are. I am not a liar as you are insinuating.

I don't get any knowledge of the UNC program from message boards or anyone on them. Maybe I'm just slower in delivering the same types of information than those who work for that site. I don't know that to be the case, and I damn sure don't care. I'm through jousting with you about this, it's childish. Ignore my posts and I will do the same for you. I'm trying to be as civil as I can.

Last edited:
Keep doing what you do TarHeel75, I appreciate the info you are providing
Ditto 100%
I'm not going to sign up and pay for "premium info" when it all becomes public knowledge in due course anyway.
Any fact, fiction, rumour, tea-leaf reading, whisper, wink, tidbit etc is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Archer2 and Sk1310

I think what Viking is asking is to ask your source where he/she is getting their info. IF its one of the sites identified, keep the info close hold.

If its just mere coincidence, maybe post stuff sooner so u have the lead and the accusation cant be tossed ur way.

That said... please continue sharing what u got

I think what Viking is asking is to ask your source where he/she is getting their info. IF its one of the sites identified, keep the info close hold.

If its just mere coincidence, maybe post stuff sooner so u have the lead and the accusation cant be tossed ur way.

I just poked around IC premium, I don't see anything remotely close to what 75 is saying.

As the others said, keep sharing 75 and thank you for the info you provide.

Reactions: Sk1310
I appreciate the info and I don't care where it comes from. Please ignore the uptight individuals that insist on questioning every tidbit we receive here! We have our share of peeps that seem to stalk posters just to stir the pot, but most of us just want to discuss UNC Bball!

Keep providing the info you are allowed to give, we really love it!

With all due respect headenheel, where my knowledge and limited tid bits
originate is my business and mine alone. Just suffice it to say, it does not come from peering on anybody's message boards or from general lay people who happen to be great Tar Heel fans.

Please understand that I am not trying to be rude or even secretive, I'm just a guy who became a genuine Tar Heel graduate in 1975 and has been in love with the program ever since.

And: In case your wondering..., no I was not born in 1975.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
300 posts in 4 years, that Viking guy is a real power broker.
There are a few folks around here you will learn to view with caution or a big 'ol grain....some of our posters offer great views in their varied interests in things Tar Heel. I appreciate them as I do your posts, '75.

I have known 75 for a long while now and in addition to being really good people, his info, well lets say it comes from as high on the info chain as you can get unless you are the parent of a recruit. Promise ya, if you knew the man behind the screen name you would well understand what I am saying.

But really guys, info is just info as shared in the moment, situations change, what is true today may not be tomorrow because this stuff is so fluid. I understand questioning info when it makes no sense, when it doesn't add up or if you have reason to suspect it may have been ripped off from a site like IC. Just sayin 75 does not need to do that.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
I have known 75 for a long while now and in addition to being really good people, his info, well lets say it comes from as high on the info chain as you can get unless you are the parent of a recruit. Promise ya, if you knew the man behind the screen name you would well understand what I am saying.

But really guys, info is just info as shared in the moment, situations change, what is true today may not be tomorrow because this stuff is so fluid. I understand questioning info when it makes no sense, when it doesn't add up or if you have reason to suspect it may have been ripped off from a site like IC. Just sayin 75 does not need to do that.

Thank you David, those are kind words, probably not warranted, but appreciated none the less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT