ADVERTISEMENT

ZEKE NNAJI

Status
Not open for further replies.
These recruiting pundits claim the other schools need to worry, but not a single one has budged their pick from Kansas.

Wake me if Evan Daniels or Jerry Meyer catches a change of heart on this.

Reactions: Tarheelborn65
These recruiting pundits claim the other schools need to worry, but not a single one has budged their pick from Kansas.

While I do not think we land him, they won’t switch picks until he actually makes that visit next weekend. If he indeed comes, you might see some picks change.

I agree, but let's see after the visit. If none of the picks change, I'm right there with you.

Evan Daniels on Nnaji, Anthony, and Brooks:

The Heels certainly have a chance with these three prospects. I think they a very good shot with Cole Anthony and Zeke Nnaji. If Anthony’s recruitment ended today (it won’t end for a while), I would think UNC is the strong favorite to land him. In terms of Nnaji, I find it hard to believe he’s adding in a late unofficial visit to UNC late and not strongly thinking about going there. Seems like his last second meeting with Roy Williams went extremely well. I think that one will depend on the visit. The other two with a shot at Nnaji, from what I’m hearing, are Arizona and Kansas. With Brooks, I think UNC may be on the outside looking in, as the latest I’ve heard is that Kentucky and Indiana are in the best positions.

Good to hear from Evan Daniels on Nnaji but at the same time, we’re up against two of the dirtiest programs out there. Hopefully his family is on the up and up and nobody’s hand is out.

His dad specifically said in an interview that he was concerned about the Kansas scandal IIRC. Hopefully that means something. It should matter more for multi-year players (which Zeke probably is) than OADs.

Evan Daniels on Nnaji, Anthony, and Brooks:

The Heels certainly have a chance with these three prospects. I think they a very good shot with Cole Anthony and Zeke Nnaji. If Anthony’s recruitment ended today (it won’t end for a while), I would think UNC is the strong favorite to land him. In terms of Nnaji, I find it hard to believe he’s adding in a late unofficial visit to UNC late and not strongly thinking about going there. Seems like his last second meeting with Roy Williams went extremely well. I think that one will depend on the visit. The other two with a shot at Nnaji, from what I’m hearing, are Arizona and Kansas. With Brooks, I think UNC may be on the outside looking in, as the latest I’ve heard is that Kentucky and Indiana are in the best positions.

Watch out Rose, some posters on this board are overly sensitive to "other sites" being quoted. :eek:

Reactions: RoseHeel
Watch out Rose, some posters on this board are overly sensitive to "other sites" being quoted. :eek:

No, we're overly sensitive to you making lame threads that say a snippet of something that is already being discussed at length in a 60 post thread on the first page.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Interesting to note that while we’re 3rd in all time wins, UK started playing 8 years before us, KU 12 years, and d00k 5 years.

Rank
College First
Season

Seasons
Wins Losses Win%
1 Kentucky 1903 115 2,263 699 .764
2 Kansas 1899 120 2,248 849 .727
3 North Carolina 1911 108 2,232 792 .738
4 Duke 1906 113 2,144 881 .709

Sounds like #2 is gonna vacate some wins and Kentucky and Dook would too if there is any justice in the world.

Well... hard to ask for more than that. The guys played really well with a fun style (tons of fast break, threes, and some fancy plays). Everyone got to play a ton and the freshman got profiled a lot. The forwards were launching threes. The crowd and the bench were into it. We scored 108, looking like an NBA team out there.

If that wasn't enough for Nnaji, his mind was mostly made up.

Reactions: alabamaheel
6'11" face up 4, a kid I could see be at least a 3yr guy, maybe a 4yr guy with a solid motor and that has expended his game in the last year, vs Matt Hurt. May surprise some but I take this kid over Hurt, I think he may be more coachable and may have more upside, perfect compliment to Bacot IMO.

6'11" face up 4, a kid I could see be at least a 3yr guy, maybe a 4yr guy with a solid motor and that has expended his game in the last year, vs Matt Hurt. May surprise some but I take this kid over Hurt, I think he may be more coachable and may have more upside, perfect compliment to Bacot IMO.
DSouthr, I think Coach Williams is selling Matt Hurt on playing the 3 at Carolina. I think it's the position that Hurt really wants to play in college. It's a much easier sell if Bacot and Nnaji are on the roster. I still think Carolina has a real shot at Matt Hurt.

Reactions: gauchoheel
DSouthr, I think Coach Williams is selling Matt Hurt on playing the 3 at Carolina. I think it's the position that Hurt really wants to play in college. It's a much easier sell if Bacot and Nnaji are on the roster. I still think Carolina has a real shot at Matt Hurt.
Sounds like it, based on the Radar podcast. I didn’t know before listening to that. Let’s get Nnaji first though.

First I've heard this. Very interesting. Anthony-White-Hurt, 1-3?

Reactions: MJUNC
Yes from what I have heard I agree with this 100 percent and the 3 will be wide open next year

Check out the Radar podcasts on our remaining targets. They said Roy has been having weekly calls with Hurt. It's possible.

Two Crystal Ball picks for us for Nnaji. Still quite a few UK/KU picks that haven't changed though. Perhaps that will come soon.

Check out the Radar podcasts on our remaining targets. They said Roy has been having weekly calls with Hurt. It's possible.

Two Crystal Ball picks for us for Nnaji. Still quite a few UK/KU picks that haven't changed though. Perhaps that will come soon.

The writing seems to be on the wall for Zeke. For goodness sake, he picked a final 5 after years of being recruited by those teams, took official visits to all of them, and set an announcement date. Roy makes a visit, offers a scholarship, and, all of a sudden, he's at Chapel Hill on his family's dime a week before said-announcement.

If he doesn't want to be a Heel, then he has me fooled.

As far as Hurt, I think that podcast is Premium, no?

The writing seems to be on the wall for Zeke. For goodness sake, he picked a final 5 after years of being recruited by those teams, took official visits to all of them, and set an announcement date. Roy makes a visit, offers a scholarship, and, all of a sudden, he's at Chapel Hill on his family's dime a week before said-announcement.

If he doesn't want to be a Heel, then he has me fooled.

As far as Hurt, I think that podcast is Premium, no?

Podcast was posted on free board. Basically said unc is second behind Kansas as of now, but Roy talks to him weekly.

As for Zeke, josh green taught me not to get my hopes up. We are extremely late to the party here, and relationships matter to those kids. It is why Josh Green pick Arizona. They were on him much longer.

Podcast was posted on free board. Basically said unc is second behind Kansas as of now, but Roy talks to him weekly.

As for Zeke, josh green taught me not to get my hopes up. We are extremely late to the party here, and relationships matter to those kids. It is why Josh Green pick Arizona. They were on him much longer.

Think the relationship Mr. Green was more interested in was with a gf more than a coach .. jmho

Reactions: DeuceManJones
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT