ADVERTISEMENT

Zion asked for What? oh, stuff...

Tom79

Hall of Famer
Dec 2, 2002
According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, a taped conversation between former Adidas employee Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussed what it would take to land Duke incoming freshman Zion Williamson before he committed to the Blue Devils. "He asked about some stuff," Code was heard saying. "He's asking for cash and he's asking for housing for him and his family." (Bleacher Report)

Anyone really believe that all of those five star elite recruits the last 5 years went to Dook for free? The Rat can talk all that BS he wants but they were giving extra benefits to players through Nike in exchange for playing at Dook? Not earth shattering that Dook's recruiting went through the roof went Jeff Capel joined the staff.

Anyone really believe that all of those five star elite recruits the last 5 years went to Dook for free? The Rat can talk all that BS he wants but they were giving extra benefits to players through Nike in exchange for playing at Dook? Not earth shattering that Dook's recruiting went through the roof went Jeff Capel joined the staff.
People in Durham doing some handringing right about now

And it’s no coincidence that their recruiting instantly fell off after Capel left.

Reactions: iwish and gary-7
According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, a taped conversation between former Adidas employee Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussed what it would take to land Duke incoming freshman Zion Williamson before he committed to the Blue Devils. "He asked about some stuff," Code was heard saying. "He's asking for cash and he's asking for housing for him and his family." (Bleacher Report)

Tom, you get my hero award, for whatever that's worth, it's making me happy in my pants! Momma's gonna love you too.

Edited to add: Is there a similar Dookie board such as this one? If so, can someone more proficient in electronics take a look and see what kind of a stir it's causing?

Didn’t Capel get caught cheating at Oklahoma? Quin Snyder did at Mizzou as well. I guess we are seeing now the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree afterall!

So did his family move after he signed with Dook?

Good question Tarheelblues. Can I add a couple more?

1. If the family has moved, where are they currently living?
(ie) What kind of development are they in ?
2. Where does his parents work? I'm assuming their not wealthy.

I believe that a good investigative reporter could find this out, don't you think?

Good question Tarheelblues. Can I add a couple more?

1. If the family has moved, where are they currently living?
(ie) What kind of development are they in ?
2. Where does his parents work? I'm assuming their not wealthy.

I believe that a good investigative reporter could find this out, don't you think?
I have at least a partial answer they moved to a swanky neighborhood... One of the most expensive I learned on tos

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Thank you so much, it is embarrassing to be so inept with this sort of thing.
Don't worry about it. Everyone here has embarrassed themselves at some point. The key is you've just got to be able to laugh at yourself when it happens

No shit? Can this be substantiated?
The neighborhood being mentioned is Colvard Farms in Durham. I looked up their website and the homes start at $950,000. Also Zions brother is enrolled in private school(Triangle Day school). Either the Williamson's struck oil in Spartanburg,SC or something fishy is going on. You be the judge. Now we know what it meant to join the brotherhood.

The neighborhood being mentioned is Colvard Farms in Durham. I looked up their website and the homes start at $950,000. Also Zions brother is enrolled in private school(Triangle Day school). Either the Williamson's struck oil in Spartanburg,SC or something fishy is going on. You be the judge. Now we know what it meant to join the brotherhood.

How likely is that? Don't have to answer, just being facetious.

God Almighty, if this trail is not followed, then I don't know what to think.

As I mentioned to Gary in another post, this is going to snowball into a shitstorm of major proportions for the Dark Knight over in Derm, or least that's my hope.

Reactions: j-doolsheels

1. I mean ... Zion’s family is living in Durham and his brother is enrolled at a private school, Triangle Day School. K does have a way of finding jobs all of a sudden (Duhan, Boozer, etc.).

2. 2 hours agovia Mobile
    They are renting a house in Colvard Farms apparently. Expensive homes.

How likely is that? Don't have to answer, just being facetious.

God Almighty, if this trail is not followed, then I don't know what to think.

As I mentioned to Gary in another post, this is going to snowball into a shitstorm of major proportions for the Dark Knight over in Derm, or least that's my hope.
Tarheel75, Anyone live close to Colvard Farms in Durham? Might want to swing by tonight because a UHaul truck and a midnight move might be in order,Lol.

And it’s no coincidence that their recruiting instantly fell off after Capel left.
The thing about this, why is Capel the only one who can drop bags? Could other dook coaches (or even staff members or boosters) really not set something like this up? The timeline lines up really well for it all being facilitated by Capel, but I don't understand why he has to be the facilitator.

Reactions: HermanT
The thing about this, why is Capel the only one who can drop bags? Could other dook coaches (or even staff members or boosters) really not set something like this up? The timeline lines up really well for it all being facilitated by Capel, but I don't understand why he has to be the facilitator.
He most likely had a preexisting relationship with some of the runners/shoe dealers. Those guys just don't deal with anyone. You think those guys are dealing with Jon Scheyer?

Reactions: Heelicious
On that point, he doesn't. To be sure, dook has done this before and even got called out in detail by the Fayetteville newspaper exposee. Crickets.

The recent difference is that Capel took it to a World Wide Wes level. And maddeningly it was damned near in plain sight. I wasn't exaggerating when I relayed stories on here about his rep in AAU circles. Pretty much EVERYBODY in that world knew it was going on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT