ADVERTISEMENT

Zion asked for What? oh, stuff...

Calm down people. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. I mean what did we learn from the Bagley situation. I mean that was all on the UP n UP, right? Private college means it is gonna get swept under the rug. and if anything does happen it will be 3 years from now that they get punished. right after K retires...

So I have been reading the forums for years, but I signed up just to reply to this thread.

After reading through the discussion, I decided to look into the Colvard Farms neighborhood, using public records/online mapping. Turns out Jeff Capel owns a house in Colvard Farms. I won't post the specific information here, but you can find it on the Chatham County Land Records Viewer.

Given that Capel is now in Pittsburgh, I imagine his house is available for a tenant. Surely Capel wouldn't do anything questionable right?!?!?!

There is no way Capel is dumb enough to put Zion's family in a house in his name.

From the DI board: "We don't leave behind evidence"

Wow. Now Dukies are ok admitting they cheated and they're just mad people think you can prove it.

Reactions: vikandpiratepride
Rental may be on the up n up.
Capel owns the property, if it is within restrictive covenants or HOA rules then, rent away.
When you draw unfavorable examination of the situation, just refer it to your mentor.

Just read another piece on offerings made to Zion and family. Dang, txt, wire...soft peddle the allegations all you want at Zona, KU or dook...but dang I am hopeful this will not only tarnish K's luster (or self or miller(s) both )but show more about recent "recruiting" with wild abandon leading to possible convictions.

Last edited:
From the DI board: "We don't leave behind evidence"

Wow. Now Dukies are ok admitting they cheated and they're just mad people think you can prove it.
That thread is pretty funny, but the pack pride thread is gold. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but my favorite so far is the one spinning the Smith payment

"The text was from Kansas coach Bill Self. We’re talking about Self’s credibility not the Adidas rep. Do you believe Bill Self would lie about Nike brokering players for UNC, Duke & Kentucky ?

(In reference to the Smith payment) The Adidas guy Gassanola has a long criminal history of bribery, forged checks, and other scams. His credibility is deservedly sketchy, Self is a Hall of Fame basketball coach."

https://247sports.com/college/north...e-Paying-Recruits-for-UNCDuke-Zion-123378271/

Rental may be on the up n up.
Capel owns the property, if it is within restrictive covenants or HOA rules then, rent away.
When you draw unfavorable examination of the situation, just refer it to your mentor.

Just read another piece on offerings made to Zion and family. Dang, txt, wire...soft peddle the allegations all you want at Zona, KU or dook...but dang I am hopeful this will not only tarnish K's luster (or self or miller(s) both )but show more about recent "recruiting" with wild abandon leading to possible convictions.

You have a guy whose deal with the feds is that he come totally clean and you have that guy saying Zion wanted stuff for his commit. Now all the sudden we discover that Zion's parents have moved to an upscale area in Durham where Capel (Zion's lead recruiter) also owns a home? Do the parents maybe live in Capel's home or a duke booster that owns in Capel's neighborhood?

Food for thought, everyone seems focused on Capel but didn't JWill actually work for both Nike as well as a sports agency (may still) prior to going to the broadcast booth?

Reactions: Heelicious
You have a guy whose deal with the feds is that he come totally clean and you have that guy saying Zion wanted stuff for his commit. Now all the sudden we discover that Zion's parents have moved to an upscale area in Durham where Capel (Zion's lead recruiter) also owns a home? Do the parents maybe live in Capel's home or a duke booster that owns in Capel's neighborhood?

Food for thought, everyone seems focused on Capel but didn't JWill actually work for both Nike as well as a sports agency (may still) prior to going to the broadcast booth?

Jay Williams admitted to paying bribes to AAU coaches on TV, and said back in the day paying players through their AAU teams was acceptable.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/09/jay_williams_former_duke_star.html

Here's what Williams had to say:

"There were a lot of dealings that were being made that people didn't know about. There was a lot of money being exchanged. I know for a fact -- there was a reported story from Yahoo! Sports back in 2009 -- I know that we gave an AAU coach for a guy named Kevin Love who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. We gave him over $250,000. Now, you know, at the time, we were also giving other players money, because you were allowed to give players money through their AAU programs."

Anyone catch Bomani Jones referring to the dropoff after Capel left yesterday on "High Noon"? He didn't outright accuse him of wrongdoing but was still shocking to hear it on dspn.

Reactions: jah420
Good question Tarheelblues. Can I add a couple more?

1. If the family has moved, where are they currently living?
(ie) What kind of development are they in ?
2. Where does his parents work? I'm assuming their not wealthy.

I believe that a good investigative reporter could find this out, don't you think?
Would Dan Kane take the job? Doubt it.

So I have been reading the forums for years, but I signed up just to reply to this thread.

After reading through the discussion, I decided to look into the Colvard Farms neighborhood, using public records/online mapping. Turns out Jeff Capel owns a house in Colvard Farms. I won't post the specific information here, but you can find it on the Chatham County Land Records Viewer.

Given that Capel is now in Pittsburgh, I imagine his house is available for a tenant. Surely Capel wouldn't do anything questionable right?!?!?!

You are better than Perry Mason and Barnaby Jones combined. Don't stop, I'm quite sure the NCAA Compliance office would be interested in hearing from you. Lyin Zion may have to jump to the D league.

Jay Williams admitted to paying bribes to AAU coaches on TV, and said back in the day paying players through their AAU teams was acceptable.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/09/jay_williams_former_duke_star.html

"There were a lot of dealings that were being made that people didn't know about. There was a lot of money being exchanged. I know for a fact -- there was a reported story from Yahoo! Sports back in 2009 -- I know that we gave an AAU coach for a guy named Kevin Love who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. We gave him over $250,000. Now, you know, at the time, we were also giving other players money, because you were allowed to give players money through their AAU programs."

And people here wondered why Roy couldn't land him, and why Kevin, who was a perfect fit for the UNC approach on the court, went elsewhere.

Last edited:

Is this correct? I have always been under the impression that this sort of thing is an NCAA violation. If not, why not?

He ain't better than Mannix though lol!

Something about Zion just never sat right with me from the beginning. I always thought he was an athletic freak, but his personality rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't see it going this far, but I knew something was squirrely. I was willing to hold my breath and hope that Roy and company could keep him in check, but he didn't seem like a Tar Heel from the jump.

I prefer the Little family's approach. They apparently said that any coach that offered impermissible benefits was immediately cut from consideration! That sounds like a Tar Heel!

Is this correct? I have always been under the impression that this sort of thing is an NCAA violation. If not, why not?

Of course it is a NCAA problem and to explain why... The NCAA mandates amateurism as the only players that can play under their banner. Fact, a kid can be paid exact expenses but ANYTHING over that is profiting from play monetarily wise and takes one from an armature to a professional, when they testate that they are still an armature but have taken money over and above expenses, they have directly violated NCAA guidelines and it isn't a grey area question.

Gurantee ya, when JWill said what he did on national TV, I saw it and about doubled over laughing, he was as right as Kyrie was about the Earth being flat...LOL

Check out this story on bleacher report. Though dook doesn't think eligibility isn't compromised phone calls say other wise. Despite LOM telling everyone Zion was never approached. Looks like that Dracula hypnosis is not as potent as it once was

http://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/article220170485.html

Oh, what a surprise! The paper is reporting that, "Duke officials said Wednesday they are confident Williamson’s eligibility wasn’t compromised."

What did anyone think they were going to say???? This is not news of any sort other than you would expect Duke to deny anything and say that he will be eligible. Ironically, his actions while at other schools may cause him to be declared ineligible regardless of what happened at Duke. Duke officials better be very sure of their internal review or they could be pissing away a the NC once everything comes out down the road. It may be a year or more before we know all we should about Zion.

Good work.

I got banned from di because I asked what else was their athletic director gonna say in regards to the n&o article. The realization is starting to sink in. Forgive my intrusion, but I know they troll this board. Hey Dookie's.... Get ready for an NCAA colonoscopy. It's gonna be while, but it's coming.

Tyvm,
I go home now.

Nothing to see here, Capel is obviously just letting Zion's family sleep on the couch. So we all know how that goes.....

We've known it for years Kat Nip. Anybody that thinks a man will try to cover up sexual assult, lie on national TV about what he said to that Oregon player, and cuss like sailor, (I could go on all day) won't turn a blind eye to some back door deals is just Looney.

Last edited:
Oh, what a surprise! The paper is reporting that, "Duke officials said Wednesday they are confident Williamson’s eligibility wasn’t compromised."

What did anyone think they were going to say???? This is not news of any sort other than you would expect Duke to deny anything and say that he will be eligible. Ironically, his actions while at other schools may cause him to be declared ineligible regardless of what happened at Duke. Duke officials better be very sure of their internal review or they could be pissing away a the NC once everything comes out down the road. It may be a year or more before we know all we should about Zion.

LOL, I read your first paragraph and exactly verbalized your first sentence of the second before i read it!

I mean, yes if course, there is no, NO, NO FREAKIN way K will admit to anything close to wrong doling within his program! I want to harken folks back to when this FBI stuff first broke and the statement K put out directly afterwards... What K basically said was that players should be paid, he did NOT deny arranging any of his players as being paid without his knowledge, NONE were paid without his total and complete knowledge. NOTHING happens in the Duke program without K's total and complete blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Archer2
I refuse to give clicks to anything related to the N&O!

Please quote them if we really need to read it. That being said, is anyone surprised that the rat lord claims Zion is the real victim here?

How does this moron still have a job? Can you be a credible investigative reporter after spending years reporting lies, half truths, and being fooled by an amateur cat Fisher? What would it take for that dying rag to cut their losses? I will never give them another click or one red cent!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT