ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

if i tried really hard i couldn't come up with a better name for a football lineman than diego pounds.

What position does Edmonds and hood project to play? I’ve read possibly RB for both if so boykins is also listed as a RB so hmmmmm

What position does Edmonds and hood project to play? I’ve read possibly RB for both if so boykins is also listed as a RB so hmmmmm

Edmonds will be a RB. Boykins, to me, should be a DB but with Carter gone after this year and Williams next year, not sure. Hearing Hood will be a RB as the QB room is stacked for years to come. Guys that can play multiple positions is a good problem to have.

I know it's early to talk about a 2023 kid but he's out of my high school so I figured what the hell.

KJ Sampson- Sophomore out of New Bern High School. Had offers from Tenn and South Carolina as a Frosh.

UNC is high on him but haven't offered him yet. He's a stud! Clip below is from a camp this past weekend.

With Flint entering the portal does that open another scholarship this year?
To my understanding, Flint wasn’t even in the team this year. He had a pretty bad injury and the thought was that his career was over. So, maybe he was on medical hardship, but I don’t think that he was counted against our 85.

Ty Murray is taking a medical hardship - his playing days are over.

We have lost yet another promising young player on the OL. The depth that we might have had (if it had been developed) is floating away.

It is always bad for the long term to under-recruit the OL, because of the many OL injuries and because it takes OL players longer to develop on average than any other position group.

Ty Murray is taking a medical hardship - his playing days are over.

We have lost yet another promising young player on the OL. The depth that we might have had (if it had been developed) is floating away.

It is always bad for the long term to under-recruit the OL, because of the many OL injuries and because it takes OL players longer to develop on average than any other position group.

You say this all the time, especially the part about developing. Reminder, staff has been here for less than 2 full seasons, and this season obviously hasn't been normal. All starters are underclassmen. Adorno will take over the Center spot in 2022 as he's fully capable. Pounds, Sutton, McGowen, Zimmerman, Baker, Adorno will be fine. Also remember that both Richards and EZ are just Sophomores.

You say this all the time, especially the part about developing. Reminder, staff has been here for less than 2 full seasons, and this season obviously hasn't been normal. All starters are underclassmen. Adorno will take over the Center spot in 2022 as he's fully capable. Pounds, Sutton, McGowen, Zimmerman, Baker, Adorno will be fine. Also remember that both Richards and EZ are just Sophomores.
Yeah, Mack was praising Searels just today. He’s dealt with injuries and is steadily building depth by having multi-positional players. It takes 3-4 years to build depth.

Muschamp just got canned mid-season at South Carolina. How many recruits will reopen their recruitment?

UNC was in the mix for George Wilson, Steele and currently in the mix for Nesbit.

Reactions: Archer2
Nesbit didn’t have UT in his final 5....UNC, SC, VT, UCLA, Ole Miss.
I would think that will come down to UNC and UCLA.

ETA: looked up UCLA's HC, it's Chip Kelly, in his third year, with a record of 8-18. He should have stayed at Oregon.

At least we've utilized our TE as something more than a blocker recently. BTW, Walston has been very solid for us. I think he deserves a few more looks.

Last edited:
All is well that ends well, but it seems every year this decade we've been relying on walk-ons or frosh for the Center position at some point during the season. Quiron now, Jonathon Trull started games 2 yrs ago. Avery Jones, McCargo, Tommy Hatton didn't finish out, now Ty Murray - it's a real badge of honor to play center at UNC and graduate in pads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT