ADVERTISEMENT

2023 RECRUITING...

Did you miss the last two Carolina/ Dook games this year??? LOL We whipped their #1 classes butts!!!! BRING IT DOOK!

I love talent but I love a team that plays together and for each other more!
If UNC doesn’t get Manek in the portal, how do you think this season goes? If you think UNC is going to win ACC titles with a bunch of fringe top 75-100 guys, while their rival continues to get top 10 players, I’m sorry but that’s just not reality. Now all that said, Hubert is about to get the #1 player in the ‘23 class in GG Jackson and already has a top 10 guy in Wilcher, so maybe Davis knows he needs some of those dudes too. Recruiting matters.

If Garcia doesn't leave and Ant keeps playing, and Kessler stays how does this season go??? The fact remains that Hubs did get Manek and developed him into a far better player with more versatile skills than he ever displayed at OK. AND we have as many Nattys as the OAD factories combined over this span so I think we can maintain this strategy. I think UNC is trending upwards in recruiting and will continue to be at the top of the ACC whether we get multiple 5* recruits or mine the portal or develop next tier talent!

If UNC doesn’t get Manek in the portal, how do you think this season goes? If you think UNC is going to win ACC titles with a bunch of fringe top 75-100 guys, while their rival continues to get top 10 players, I’m sorry but that’s just not reality. Now all that said, Hubert is about to get the #1 player in the ‘23 class in GG Jackson and already has a top 10 guy in Wilcher, so maybe Davis knows he needs some of those dudes too. Recruiting matters.
Feel like Kansas just won the natty with a bunch of 3-4 year top 75-100 guys no?

Reactions: Go Heels #1
Join the Family, Mr. Jackson!

UNC will take you far and the Family will be behind you forever!

Hmmm. Someone can’t tell time. Noon and midnight at least in my world are not the same. 🥸

I don't understand the G League unless grades is an issue. These may get drafted in the Lottery but they have NO brand equity!!!
He stated that his college choice would be determined on who would be focused on development. I think he sees the G league as the best to develop. Being from a overseas background, I don't think a college title means that much to him, he wants to work on his skills as a pro much like the junior development leagues, well paid by the way, are in Europe?

Last edited:
Reactions: tarwhiz
Maryland is considered the front runner right now. Don’t believe we’ve had too much contact with him, we’re not on the list of schools recruiting him.
And with our projected depth chart, I'm not sure he's going to be what we prioritize. However if he held off committing until after the spring of 2023, he might get an offer if we have a mass exodus.

Personally I think our next 2023 offer should be to a true center who can dominate in the paint. If Armando doesn't use his 5th year, it will be up to Washington/Shaver to man the center position, and both those guys prefer to sit outside and shoot jumpshots. I'd like at least 1 Center on the roster who can score inside and grab offensive rebounds. But it's possible Hubert wants to move away from that and we'll only have stretch 5s after Bacot leaves.

Offer from Hubert to James Brown '24, Center, solid player, family and school.
Would be good for us.
He's from Illinois. He plays AAU for the program that was run, up until very recently, by Illinois' newest assistant coach. Illinois is offering and landing some of his teammates.

I'd argue pulling him away from Illinois will be Hubert's toughest recruiting challenge to date. Especially with the new Illinois fan NIL organization straight up buying players like they did with Matthew Mayer.

I Feel Good about this one! I mean, UNC has a brand new bag! I hope Sean Got on the Good Foot with JB! Even a Blind Man can see, that UNC is the place to be! So,,,,,,
Please, Please, Please, Mr. Big Stuff! Ain't no sunshine if you don't come! Listen to the sounds of the Funky Drummer and join the Family, Mr Brown!

Offer from Hubert to James Brown '24, Center, solid player, family and school.
Would be good for us.
St. Rita was a solid middle of the road team this year in Chicago. My nephews team played them twice and split with them. Brown did not play in the 1st and they beat St. Rita, he dropped around 30 in the 2nd meeting, which St. Rita won.

My nephews buddy who is 6'6 had the dee assignment and could not contain him. Great footwork, uses both hands very well, and just VERY SMOOTH. Go get 'em !!!!!

Is there any other prospect that has a UNC offer that’s a heavy UNC lean at the moment? From the tweets it sounds like TJ power really dominated this past week and with duke involved that’s never a great sign. Is zayden high a more realistic prospect for us?

Kansas basketball coach Bill Self and assistant coach Kurtis Townsend were held off the road for the live recruiting period in June and July, sources report.

Wow, too bad for Bill & Kurtis.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Now that sounds more like the NCAA I know! I am sure they will find this more than sufficient but, if not, the do have SW Kansas State to punish further!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT