ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Duke grabbed Maliq Brown from Syracuse. eFG%=71.3 (3rd in the nation). 9.5pts, 7.2 rbs, in 29.6mpg. Fewer points, more rebounds and more efficient shooting than Mark Mitchell. Nice job filling a hole.

Was he on our radar?

How about not posting any mere wild guess on who UNC needs next. Since you do NOT know what the Coaching Staff at UNC is thinking why don't you wait and see??! Thank you...
Isn't that kind of the entire reason this board exists? It's not a news outlet. It is a place where fans come to speculate, wish, want and, yes, sometimes, learn about what has happened.

Last edited:
Well he is transferring in from an Ivy League school, so there is that.
It doesn't seem to matter where you transfer from according to Michigan fans. If you are a freshman, Sophomore, or grad transfer you get in. If you are a junior or senior, they block practically all of your Major credits.

Isn't that kind of the entire reason this board exists? It's not a news outlet. It is a place where fans come to speculate wish want and, yes, sometimes, learn about what has happened.
Reckless speculation, without any reasonable basis to exist here, should NOT take place here as it may reflect improperly on the staff (imo). This board is not about being a guessing game of sorts. Some verifiable facts are necessary at times...

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Anyone know if Vlad Goldin is in the same boat as Johnell Davis? Is he also a 4 year player who hasn't graduated, and thus won't be getting past Michigan admissions?

Reckless speculation, without any reasonable basis to exist here, should NOT take place here as it may reflect improperly on the staff (imo). This board is not about being a guessing game of sorts. Some verifiable facts are necessary at times...
You suck at starting pissing contests.

I reported that Duke landed a guy, and listed his stats. You throw a hissy-fit about "reckless speculation."

Do you even know what "speculation" means? Hint: it's not the presentation of facts.

It's not the "reckless speculation, guessing game, etc" that I hate. It's the pissing contests some of you like to get involved in. I doubt if I'm the only one.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

It's not the "reckless speculation, guessing game, etc" that I hate. It's the pissing contests some of you like to get involved in. I doubt if I'm the only one.
I almost always avoid them like the plague they are. But that's one poster who seems to have nothing to offer but attacks, and occasionally I feel compelled to respond. My bad.

Why oh why couldn't this have happened with Danny Wolf too

I think we can aim higher than Wolf. Would prefer Omoyuri or a similar athlete given the rest of the team's lack of size/athleticism.

We'll hopefully have RJ + Cade for shooting, can maybe get someone else on the team to step up as a decent 3rd shooter. If so I would prioritize rim protection at the 5, so to your earlier question I think Thiero and Omoyuri could work. Would have Washington as an option when you need more shooting too.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Sk1310
I think we can aim higher than Wolf. Would prefer Omoyuri or a similar athlete given the rest of the team's lack of size/athleticism.

We'll hopefully have RJ + Cade for shooting, can maybe get someone else on the team to step up as a decent 3rd shooter. If so I would prioritize rim protection at the 5, so to your earlier question I think Thiero and Omoyuri could work. Would have Washington as an option when you need more shooting too.
I agree but it kind of puts the Heels in a must get situation but yes those guys are better than Wolf

I really like Drake Powells form. I think he can be a really good shooter.

How well did Ian and Drake shoot from deep in HS?

I realize that HS shooting doesn't always translate out of the gate (or ever) but do we have reason to be optimistic?

How well did Ian and Drake shoot from deep in HS?

I realize that HS shooting doesn't always translate out of the gate (or ever) but do we have reason to be optimistic?
I would consider both their jump shooting to be on an upward path with continuous improvement but I would not call it a strength right now nor what I think will be seen as a strength in their freshman seasons. Of the 2 I think Drake's jump shooting may have shown as more of a upward tick, at least more than was expected.

We might as well contact Sean Stewart. He was a top 25 recruit. Seems like there is a significant chance we won't even get any of our first tier Center targets to visit.
Hmm. His numbers look an awful lot like Jalen's. His per-40 stats are a little worse on points, a little better on rebounds. Bad FT shooting, but on few attempts, so who knows? Didn't attempt any treys.

I say grab him and between him and Jalen, we have a complete player. And, who knows, maybe one of them breaks out.

That's in addition to a top starter-quality big - not instead of. But if we whiff on a top big, I wouldn't mind the insurance.

He looks really good here against State. Gotta love the blocks and athleticism.

I'm giving STEWART an UPGRADE after watching these clips. Sure, they only show you the good stuff in these highlights but based on these, his ceiling is up there. He's really quick off the floor. Maybe not Antawn/Brice quick but quick. Also moves well on D. And he's only a freshman.

Let's not worry about any rivalry taboos, let's go after this kid.

• Sad
He's been at 3 different colleges in 4 years. This past season he averaged 4.5 points per game and 4.6 rebounds per game. He also shot 26% from the FT line.

He's a mediocre bench player. We're looking for a starting Center.
He was a 5 star coming out of high school so the potential may still be there.. I am with you though. We need a starting caliber center, however, I am more interested in a shot blocking center than a scoring center. We need someone who can defend the post and make it tough on opponents inside. Let our guards do the scoring.. Clingan at UConn is that type. He doesn't score a lot at times but is also a force on defense.

Once dipped in pukie, it is hard to remove the stench! + doesn't signing with them say something about your ability to make choices????

I do love the talent, but honestly, pukies are a hard no for me!

I'm giving STEWART an UPGRADE after watching these clips. Sure, they only show you the good stuff in these highlights but based on these, his ceiling is up there. He's really quick off the floor. Maybe not Antawn/Brice quick but quick. Also moves well on D. And he's only a freshman.

Let's not worry about any rivalry taboos, let's go after this kid.

Not while I'm eating lunch I about puked ......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT