ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruiting....

Ozheelfan

Hall of Famer
Dec 7, 2004
I'm hopeful this thread won't turn into a debate/underpant soiling session about NIL, but who knows!

I looks like Hubert has 9 offers out for the '25 class.... 4 x PF, 2 x SG, 1 x SF, 1 x CG and 1 x PG.

So it looks like he's in the market for a high level Big, but no centre yet... wings are always needed but I'd like to see some action on the PG front - thinking EC may only be on board for another season.

I know very little about the players and would love to hear people's thoughts

Last edited:
I see several comboforwards we want, which would likely be playing the 4 and want a clear path to starting. That may influence how we approach the transfer portal.

It's tricky now with the transfer rules changing the game so much.

Jasper Johnson's the one who grew up in Versailles, KY; 20 minutes from Rupp Arena right?

I think Hubert has prioritized Jasper Johnson as his future pg and with Cal leaving UK I think Carolina’s chances went up.
I think the selling point to this kid is going to be come in for the RJ Davis role, in time you may fit it even better than RJ. See, RJ is a second PG when Cadeau is in and primary PG when Cadeau sits. Gives you the best of both worlds and the green light to shoot in either. Good size and one of the best jump shooters in this class and his growing up as a UNC fan, no matter where he grew up sure doesn't hurt!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and RHFD
I'm hopeful this thread won't turn into a debate/underpant soiling session about NIL, but who knows!

I looks like Hubert has 9 offers out for the '25 class.... 4 x PF, 2 x SG, 1 x SF, 1 x CG and 1 x PG.

So it looks like he's in the market for a high level Big, but no centre yet... wings are always needed but I'd like to see some action on the PG front - thinking EC may only be on board for another season.

I think thats mainly down to which positions are in the top 20 of recruits.

Seems hubert wants to take a couple high level freshman and a project or two. Rest will be filled with returns and portal.

But i bet 2-3 person classes will be the norm.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS

First Jasper Johnson is a key, really solid ball handler that is a fantastic jump shooter with good size. The big men, this is a heck of a big man class, Koa Peat is the guy, has the makings of a top 5 NBA draft pick. Caleb Wilson, rapidly developing in to a true point forward and his shooting has come along nicely, very versatile, looks like a guy that will one day be a NBA first rounder and they way he has been developing weaker areas may be lotto one day. Harwell, just a rock solid 2 guard but is coming off knee surgery. I think these 4 are our best chance to lock up guys and would be an amazing class.

Lesser chance to get I would start with Dybantha, amazing athlete, NBA future for sure if he remains healthy, top player in the class per ESPN. Darryl Peterson, just reminds me of a young Kobe, he is hyped huge but may be even better than the hype, not a coach in the country that would not love to have either of these 2 as day 1 starters on their team. The Boozer twins, you get one you get them both, a great PF,C and a great PG, long assumed to be future dukies but that isn't as sure a thing as it once was, still by far the most likely out come. Bryson Tillar, just a solid multi year player, a guy I think we would get if we went harder for him but he seems to have slipped in the pecking order.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and RHFD
I'd like to see some action on the PG front - thinking EC may only be on board for another season.
That surprises me. Do you think Cadeau jumps into the portal after next season? He’s not playing at the next level until he learns how to shoot.

Reactions: alabamaheel
I would think we have as good a coaching staff when it comes to learning how to shoot than any program out there.
Absolutely! It's often overlooked, but Hubert Davis ranks second only to Steve Kerr in NBA history for 3-point shooting percentage. Fond memories abound of Jeff Lebo's impressive shooting from beyond the arc during his time as a Tar Heel.

That surprises me. Do you think Cadeau jumps into the portal after next season? He’s not playing at the next level until he learns how to shoot.
He was on NBA radars before he ever set foot in Chapel Hill. His 3pt shot is the only thing keeping him out of the first round of the draft, and I'm sure he's working hard to fix that.

Absolutely! It's often overlooked, but Hubert Davis ranks second only to Steve Kerr in NBA history for 3-point shooting percentage. Fond memories abound of Jeff Lebo's impressive shooting from beyond the arc during his time as a Tar Heel.
And Marcus Paige is on the staff too. I'd credit him with Trimble's noticeable improvement.

Reactions: DaSheed
He was on NBA radars before he ever set foot in Chapel Hill. His 3pt shot is the only thing keeping him out of the first round of the draft, and I'm sure he's working hard to fix that.
But that literally happens with a ton of kids coming out of hs. Play one year of college and reality sets in for all parties. Ie player, team and league. His shooting overall needs major improvement. I firmly believe he’ll make a good jump. Without it he’ll be here for four years, which is ok.

Things are looking good for our guy outta ATL...

EC would have to shoot lights out to be NBA bound and even then i doubt it He’s like RJ— just too short. Kid will be in college 4 years. I dont think itll be all at UNC because he will scapegoat us at some point to why he hasnt got drafted. But unless a growth spurt happens hes AAAA played at best.

Ian and Drake both have much better pro prospects.

Reactions: Tarheels39
EC would have to shoot lights out to be NBA bound and even then i doubt it He’s like RJ— just too short. Kid will be in college 4 years. I dont think itll be all at UNC because he will scapegoat us at some point to why he hasnt got drafted. But unless a growth spurt happens hes AAAA played at best.
FOH

Ian and Drake both have much better pro prospects.
I think it is FAR FAR to early to call Cadeau a 4yr player and FAR to early to say the 2 incoming freshmen will have better pro prospects. You have a RE-CLASSED freshman vs 2 kids that are talented but have not proven a thing in the college game yet.

I have been wondering if we will ask a 2025 forward to reclassify. We haven't had any luck adding a true stretch 4 to next year's team. Coleman Hawkins seems like he'll be a tough pull.

From my understanding some of the 5 star comboforwards have flirted with the idea.

I think it is FAR FAR to early to call Cadeau a 4yr player and FAR to early to say the 2 incoming freshmen will have better pro prospects. You have a RE-CLASSED freshman vs 2 kids that are talented but have not proven a thing in the college game yet.
Re classing doesnt mean shit to me when the kid turned 19 early in the season. Otherwise he wouldve been a 20 year old freshman.

I dont know this but it seems like he was held back at some point in his school career hoping for a growth spurt.

Re-classing certainly means the kid missed a year of high level structure, coaching, and work on his game. In some cases, this means little, but it can mean that the person takes a year to get acclimated to the increase in level, coaching, and commitment to team and the game. EC has proven to be a fast learner and I expect him to stay on the steep curve. I fully expect to see the flashes of extreme bball IQ to be more frequent and I expect him to recover his scoring chops!

Re-classing certainly means the kid missed a year of high level structure, coaching, and work on his game. In some cases, this means little, but it can mean that the person takes a year to get acclimated to the increase in level, coaching, and commitment to team and the game. EC has proven to be a fast learner and I expect him to stay on the steep curve. I fully expect to see the flashes of extreme bball IQ to be more frequent and I expect him to recover his scoring chops!
You mean he didnt get an extra year.

To be clear: I meant he didn't get an extra year of all that prior to going to college. I didn't mean to imply he broke the laws of physics.

That is EXACTLY what it means !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT