ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruiting....

We've got to have a lot of cap space next year. RJ is pre-season AA and that comes with a price. I can't imagine that EC, Ian and others who won't be here next year that we won't free up a LOT of NIL dollars to spend.

One can hope.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I would have to strongly consider giving Mullins $1.5mil, I do think that is a bit steep but the kid may be the best jump shooter in this class and Hubert's offense relies on jump shooting. Whispers are that Dybantsa is looking for $4.5mil for his 1 and only season in college ball? I am frankly disappointed that we even brought him in for a visit with that kind of insane asking price. Why not let some other program blow their NIL budget for 1 guy and not be able to put guys around him for that 1 season so they can discover that the ROI was just not worth it.

I would have to strongly consider giving Mullins $1.5mil, I do think that is a bit steep but the kid may be the best jump shooter in this class and Hubert's offense relies on jump shooting. Whispers are that Dybantsa is looking for $4.5mil for his 1 and only season in college ball? I am frankly disappointed that we even brought him in for a visit with that kind of insane asking price. Why not let some other program blow their NIL budget for 1 guy and not be able to put guys around him for that 1 season so they can discover that the ROI was just not worth it.
Just think if we paid him 4 million & let's say he's a top 5 pick nba draft ... he could pay a it back plus interest .. then next season you buy 2 top 5 picks ... before you know it you have bought a starting line up yr after yr ..

Carolina needs NBA stars, preferably all-star caliber guys. It’s been so long since we’ve had alums at that level. It’s not my money, but if there was someone to go all out on financially I think it’d be AJ. I think it’s highly likely he’s an NBA star that could pay dividends for years to come.

Reactions: tarheels0015

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

• Haha
A sad state of affairs. You either pay the top recruits or you accept the results that barely get you into the tournament.

How obscene what has become of college sports. I can’t believe what has been allowed to become the accepted norm.

A sad state of affairs. You either pay the top recruits or you accept the results that barely get you into the tournament.

How obscene what has become of college sports. I can’t believe what has been allowed to become the accepted norm.
I wish it were just limited to college sports. Lots of obscenities becoming "normal" these days.

Reactions: Archer2

It’s why I don’t even care enough to watch college sports anymore. Love of money ruined pro sports years ago, it’s now ruined college sports. I don’t care a whit about playing the bidding war game, even if it means the only sports at UNC are intramural. UNC has become a money whore, just like all the football/basketball factories we used to malign for buying players. It makes me feel dirty and ashamed for the university.

Reactions: Ozheelfan
Very few freshmen can lead a team to a title. Melo is the only guy that was the leader of a team I saw do it.

I'll give a guy 3-4 million, but I want a signed contract of staying 2 years!

Here is what @heels05champs posted in a different thread about AJD:
Word is that Carolina just has to be in the ballpark with NIL, I just don’t know if Carolina can get in the ballpark. All indications are that he loved his visit and his family loved it. If this were a basketball only decision, I think Carolina would land him.
NIL just keeps getting uglier to me. Without controls, college athletics will never have the same draw to me again. I thought NIL was all about opportunities, not guarantees.

I'm sorry but why are we taking both sides of this issue and using both to condemn the Heels? On one hand, peeps cry about us not stepping up and paying for the mercenary talents others get BUT at the same time we accuse UNC of being a "money whore" who bows down to peer pressure and is trying to buy talent!

To me it doesn't really matter what UNC does; many are working hard to find the cloud surrounding every silver lining! UNC has a coach who is actually a fine enough man to be compared to Roy and DES. UNC has returned to the top of the conference and NCAA. Recruits are coming back to our campus and talent is joining our team. I'm expecting to be a real contender THIS season and to enjoy one of the best recruiting classes in recent history! I love the fact that UNC simply backs out of bidding wars and then finds diamonds in the rough or portal replacements!

Reactions: Oak ridger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT