ADVERTISEMENT

5th year players (COVID year)

Quest4Seven

Junior
Feb 25, 2019
Does anyone actually know the answer whether players that have graduated but still have a COVID year (RJ Davis, Caleb Love) actually have to enroll in classes?

I know typically you have to be a graduate but does the NCAA force these kids to pursue a grad program in order to play their 5th year?

Would it even have to be a grad program? Couldn't a player just take meaningless undergrad, 1 hour, elective courses regardless of them already graduating?
thats a good question, but since they have been in school that long already and obtained a degree, the most sense would be to get a year of a graduate program under their belt

thats a good question, but since they have been in school that long already and obtained a degree, the most sense would be to get a year of a graduate program under their belt

The difference though is the work required. Theoretically, a master's program is going to be demanding whereas taking some electives would allow for them to just show up to class. I took "intermediate golf", "weight training" and "snow skiing" in college once I had gotten all my credits for my major and just needed credits to get to the 120 or whatever it was. The skiing class met 3 times all semester; once at the beginning of the semester, a two day trip to Sugar Mt. and then at the end for an exam.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT