ADVERTISEMENT

Any recruiting news?

Doesn't he have 3 years eligibility? Getting a juco with 3 years to play is always nice deal.

Yessir. I'm probably not the only one -- but boy was I skeptical when Mack was hired. And when Robinson was rumored to be the DC? Just throw the damn thing in the trash. Mack has assembled one hell of a staff and in return, they've done a helluva job on the recruiting trail in a very limited amount of time. Boy has this been fun!.

McKethan could play at 350.

I really do want to see a UNC D that makes foes cringe.

Man, in '97 when we had Newman, Simmons, K. Mays, Holliday, Ellis, Davis, we beat the hell out of other teams. I mean our defense punished opposing teams. Thats the kind of defense I want us to have. Make the other team dread playing us.

Last edited:
Man, in '97 when we had Newman, Simmons, K. Mays, Holliday, Ellis, Davis, we beat the hell out of our teams. I mean our defense punished opposing teams. Thats the kind of defense I want us to have. Make the other team dread playing us.
Yep. Opposing OCs should fear the game against the Tar Heels.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
This dude is huge. He was on campus last weekend. He is a 3* DE/DT. Wonder if the lack of competition hurt his rankings?

He just hasn't been playing football that long. He's from Nigeria. It's not just his size that's impressive. He runs down running backs 25 yards down the field on his tape, is quick and ought to blossom into one heck of a football player but his technique is still raw.

He'll start out on the D-line but bet someone will see if he can catch the ball. Would make one heck of a TE if he can.

If he’s that athletic and can put on another 25-30 pounds, he might evolve into an interesting LT.

I think he'd be very good at LT but think he could be a game changer at TE if he can catch the ball, and his open field speed and quickness is as advertised.

Stiff competition for the LB targets:
- OC Brothers loves Auburn and calls Miami his dream school, but we're in his top 3.

- Eugene Asante is visiting FSU this weekend, but his draw to VT is pretty obvious since he's been leaning to them ever since they were his first offer... it's home-state, their gameday environment is awesome, etc.

- McQueen might have grades issues.

I was thinking we'd hit the JUCO and Grad transfer markets hard for an LB.

Any word on that?

Watch out for UVA and PSU for Asaboro. Scared that we might finish 3rd in that race.

Wisdom talked about visiting Oregon Feb 2nd, is that happening? If not, it is down to us and UVA, right?

Family is very important to this young man -- can't see him going that far away. All the projections are 100% to UNC. Hope that stays true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT