ADVERTISEMENT

Any recruiting news?

Need to work on DT until the Feb...
Surely that is the plan.

I'd love to see a sound grad transfer DT want to play for UNC for 1 year. That would give us the body we need for 2019 and allow time to sign and develop guys for 2020 and after.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
With Howell coming aboard, now we get to wait to see which QBs enroll for Spring and then whether they all remain for the 2019 season.

Once Miller de-committed from Moo, it was either UNC or Louisville. He chose to stay in state rather than follow the OLC to whom he'd first committed.

If Fedora had been fired early in the year, and Mack named HC before the season ended, several top recruits might have flipped.
heard the howell news and all i could think about was what might have been if mack had been hired earlier.
mack had some good fortune with howell and tristan, things fell our way.
'bout damn time!

Keep an eye on Anthony Harris who has a verbal to Tenn but did not sign today. His former teammate, Avery Jones, is at UNC and current teammate, Welton Spottsville signed with UNC today.
Harris would be a great pickup. He’s a 4* safety from Havelock that was offered by Clemson. He’s still supposedly verbally committed to Tenn but if he didn’t sign his LOI...

Harris would be a great pickup. He’s a 4* safety from Havelock that was offered by Clemson. He’s still supposedly verbally committed to Tenn but if he didn’t sign his LOI...

He's been a very good QB for Havelock this year as well. Thig hopefully can work his magic.

Reactions: Archer2
Brandon Fritz has decided not to transfer and will return for his Senior year.

We just got a commitment from a 2020 four star safety from Charlotte, Cameron Roseman-Sinclair. He’s rated the 9th best safety in the class.

Well done Mack and staff!

Reactions: franklin street
Brandon Fritz has decided not to transfer and will return for his Senior year.

We just got a commitment from a 2020 four star safety from Charlotte, Cameron Roseman-Sinclair. He’s rated the 9th best safety in the class.

Well done Mack and staff!

Great news!

Parks Cochrane out of IMG Academy via Charleston sc is he a preferred walk on?
Probably so. He is no taller than 6, and most recruiters will see that as a big liability in a P5 LB. I think the only schools that recruited him heavily were 1AA programs and perhaps a G5 or 2. But UNC has had very good luck with LBs who are walk ons, so I know why in football terms a guy like him would choose to walk on at UNC over going full scholarship in 1AA or even a G5.

I wonder if part of the Fritts decision is that we plan to throw to TEs more next year.
Don't think there's any doubt. He met with Mack just recently and I'm sure he was assured that the TE position was going to featured more prominently going forward. This kid is very talented. I look for him to have a big year.

He is being recruited to play center
And his clips look like he is very quick to get off the snap and get into the block, including getting out 3 or 4 yards to an LB. Many HS Cs have trouble blocking that far from the LoS - they have to learn while redshirting. Murray may come in and be able to be #2 C this fall.

If so, that would help us shift some guys around, trying to find the best position and side for each and for the OL as a unit.

This dude is huge. He was on campus last weekend. He is a 3* DE/DT. Wonder if the lack of competition hurt his rankings?

Reactions: randman1
Certainly hasn't hurt his offers...

Clemson
UGA
LSU
Oregon
Tenn
Va Tech
UNC
Duke
South Carolina
UVA

Not sure if he's a 2019 or 2020 recruit yet.
I think in HS terms of eligibility he would be 2020, but he may be 2019. He is new to the sport and has a full load of potential. We want him badly.

how big of a loss is pritchett?
I thought when he signed that he would become at least a regularly used 2nd teamer. Neither he nor McCargo has showed what I expected, much less hoped. And that's true of other guys on the OL.

How much of that is due to injuries, how much to poor coaching and training, how much to lack of desire and effort? Can't know for certain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT