ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know who won the Taylor Swift Invitational?

Just curious, but how is she a positive role model for young girls? I mean, what specifically? Is it just that she's a famous pop singer and rich person?

yeah I don't get that either. She's very self-absorbed regardless of what her words try to convey...and that is exactly the opposite of what I would like to see transmitted to young people. We have WAY too much what-about-me as it is.

And as I stated elsewhere, she's plastic, a creation of the star-making machinery. Her music is just the regular pop mishmash, it all sounds the same to me. But what burns my ass is young girls, ands boys I guess, and adults who should know better, spending untold millions to enrich her while being led to believe that the government isn't fulfilling its obligation to make their lives more affordable.

People nowadays are drawn to celebrity like moths to a flame. I've never seen a moth go to a flame, but I'm sure it happens.

Had no desire to watch even one minute of it. Heck, I’ve only seen one UNC game this year. This from a guy who was a sports junky most of my life and planned events around UNC games. Now I check to see if they won and that’s about it.
I'm in lockstep with you here, except I still watch the Heels and I enjoy the Canes . But I have soured on sports in general, and I'm the kind of sports nut that used to stay up into the wee hours just to watch curling tournaments or cliff diving..

Reactions: Archer2
Just curious, but how is she a positive role model for young girls? I mean, what specifically? Is it just that she's a famous pop singer and rich person?
Well she’s not hyper sexual and seems to portray positivism. I don’t know much. Just how she seems. If my daughter were a fan I wouldn’t have a prob with it. Would u?

Well she’s not hyper sexual and seems to portray positivism. I don’t know much. Just how she seems. If my daughter were a fan I wouldn’t have a prob with it. Would u?
not speaking for slinger but no. Your daughter can be a fan of Chairman Mao for all I care.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
not speaking for slinger but no. Your daughter can be a fan of Chairman Mao for all I care.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Welllllll, i'm not sure i'd recommend a whole album of ANY Ryan Adams covers LOL. Everything is always stripped down, and super slower. He's done a million covers and lots of them aren't good.

So if you've been around women, you've heard a few of her songs. If someone played some of her hits, you'd say "oh, i heard that in the background somewhere".

Anyway, he takes some poppy songs you probably won't like, and makes them likeable.

I actually like this song despite kinda hating the orig but this only for rainy days when you are missing your old dog or something.

My daughter is a fan, a big one, and I have no problem with it. I think the hate and general negativism is due to two separate factors. The first is, like all celebrities, when they chose to weigh in on politics. Regardless of their various stances, most fans just want them to stay in their lanes and act, sing, whatever. It's pretty sad if someone bases their beliefs on what any given entertainer tells them to do which is part of the problem here since there has been so much speculation in the press about her announcing support for Joe and how that will save the cratering poll numbers.

The second issue is how the NFL absolutely slobbered over her during the end of season run, playoffs and superbowl. They weren't wrong, it definitely helped with ratings. But, there is a vocal percentage who simply doesn't care who dates who, etc. They just want their football. On the other hand, yes, my daughter started paying attention to KC when they played and followed all the social media updates re TS's attendance.

music aside, this is the point.

and now because she has some “bangers” as the kids say, it’s even more refreshing…how much w.a.p. is enough in cars at stoplights haha.

Welllllll, i'm not sure i'd recommend a whole album of ANY Ryan Adams covers LOL. Everything is always stripped down, and super slower. He's done a million covers and lots of them aren't good.

So if you've been around women, you've heard a few of her songs. If someone played some of her hits, you'd say "oh, i heard that in the background somewhere".

Anyway, he takes some poppy songs you probably won't like, and makes them likeable.

the second one was awful, the first one was worse.

I actually like this song despite kinda hating the orig but this only for rainy days when you are missing your old dog or something.
God help me, I thought I might have heard the original somehow so I found it on youtube. You're responsible for me being exposed to that tripe. I hope your old dog goes missing or something.. While you're looking for him, see if you can find out where the music went.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
the entire NFL playoffs she was on camera a whopping 113 seconds. it's WAY overblown.
lol, are you sure about that? Maybe get your Taylor Swift Signature stopwatch checked because I could have sworn it was at twenty-eight minutes and change. when I ditched

• Haha
Reactions: bleeduncblue
the entire NFL playoffs she was on camera a whopping 113 seconds. it's WAY overblown.
Did they say how much time the other girlfriend/wives were shown? I don't think the biggest issue is them showing her, it's the endless controversy it causes. She gets talked about more than the game. It seems like reporters are mandated to talk about her.

Did they say how much time the other girlfriend/wives were shown? I don't think the biggest issue is them showing her, it's the endless controversy it causes. She gets talked about more than the game. It seems like reporters are mandated to talk about her.
this is what I'm talking about. It's less and less about a football game anymore and more and more about what's around the game. TS just exemplifies it.

There might've been less talk about Taylor Swift if right-wingers hadn't shat themselves loudly and repeatedly when pro-vax Travis K kept winning while also having a hot and successful star girlfriend. So there is some self-fulfilling prophecy here.

There might've been less talk about Taylor Swift if right-wingers hadn't shat themselves loudly and repeatedly when pro-vax Travis K kept winning while also having a hot and successful star girlfriend. So there is some self-fulfilling prophecy here.

Are you suggesting that Taylor Swift was focused on to stick it to "right-wingers"?

Reactions: Heelicious
this is what I'm talking about. It's less and less about a football game anymore and more and more about what's around the game. TS just exemplifies it.
The concept that's being ignored is that it wasn't the time the camera spent on her during the actual game, but the amount of time and energy devoted to her before and after each game as well. She is immensely popular amongst a certain demographic that also invests a ton of time and energy in social media which drives clicks and almost forces media of all types to pay attention to and reference her. They want the clicks as well. Thus, you had all kinds of references to things like her concert in Japan (I think) and whether she'd be able to make it back to Vegas in time for the game, when she landed, got to the stadium, etc. The NFL even changed their X account or something to show her after the first week or two. The NFL. We should never forget that it's always about marketing.

I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with that notion. Rather I was asking if @blazers thought the coverage was focused on her in response to "right-wingers".
She did support Joe in the previous election. There has been considerable speculation that they expect her to do the same this time around. There has also been considerable speculation that such actions will be of almost no actual value, particularly with those that swing between the R's and D's with any given election. That is, if the D's are hanging their hats on getting her endorsement to carry the day, it's gonna be a long four years ahead.

Whether that's conspiracy based or not, I have no idea.

The concept that's being ignored is that it wasn't the time the camera spent on her during the actual game, but the amount of time and energy devoted to her before and after each game as well. She is immensely popular amongst a certain demographic that also invests a ton of time and energy in social media which drives clicks and almost forces media of all types to pay attention to and reference her. They want the clicks as well. Thus, you had all kinds of references to things like her concert in Japan (I think) and whether she'd be able to make it back to Vegas in time for the game, when she landed, got to the stadium, etc. The NFL even changed their X account or something to show her after the first week or two. The NFL. We should never forget that it's always about marketing.
I watched the game. But I am unaware of any of this stuff about Japan, her trip to Vegas, etc. I haven't been tuning in to ESPN as much lately or the NFL Network, and I missed the CBS pregame. Were those channels and broadcasts discussing her trips?

She did support Joe in the previous election. There has been considerable speculation that they expect her to do the same this time around. There has also been considerable speculation that such actions will be of almost no actual value, particularly with those that swing between the R's and D's with any given election. That is, if the D's are hanging their hats on getting her endorsement to carry the day, it's gonna be a long four years ahead.

The conspiracy is that somehow "powers that be" rigged the game and have staged relationships so that Travis Pfizer Kelsey can be a winner while having T Swift on his arm, and T Swift can attract young women "more", i guess. The conspiracy theorists never listed the WHY or HOW, just the WHAT.

GGS3b6LXkAAVmYs

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup

I don't think they are hanging their hat on that or any other celebrity. Trump just takes it personally every time someone popular comes out against him. He's that kid in class who always worries about getting picked last for dodgeball.

The conspiracy is that somehow "powers that be" rigged the game and have staged relationships so that Travis Pfizer Kelsey can be a winner while having T Swift on his arm, and T Swift can attract young women "more", i guess. The conspiracy theorists never listed the WHY or HOW, just the WHAT.

GGS3b6LXkAAVmYs

lol kid rock and ted nugent

Reactions: blazers
I don't think they are hanging their hat on that or any other celebrity. Trump just takes it personally every time someone popular comes out against him. He's that kid in class who always worries about getting picked last for dodgeball.
He strikes me as a bully, not worried about dodgeball. But, he does have the emotional psyche of a kid in grade school. He's also a sociopath... so, there's that!

They'll bring in more votes. Their fans are actually old enough to vote.
that’s almost impossible to know unless you asked them…but i seriously doubt they bring in more voters.

again, i’m still laughing at the comparison…rock is a bum and without bud light and now john daly, he’d be not heard from…he’s kinda funny sitting in the corner smoking a blunt on daly’s socials, though.

that’s almost impossible to know unless you asked them…but i seriously doubt they bring in more voters.

again, i’m still laughing at the comparison…rock is a bum and without bud light and now john daly, he’d be not heard from…he’s kinda funny sitting in the corner smoking a blunt on daly’s socials, though.
Well, considering most Swift fans are under 18, I'll stick with my theory.

i don’t believe that either, but go ahead and stick with it.
I think everyone outside of your household feels comfortable taking the opposite opinion of you. That's going to make them right almost all the time.

And it's only logical that a guy who has been around since the 90s is going to have older fans than someone more recent. But logic has never been an area of strength for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT