ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know who won the Taylor Swift Invitational?

that’s almost impossible to know unless you asked them…but i seriously doubt they bring in more voters.

again, i’m still laughing at the comparison…rock is a bum and without bud light and now john daly, he’d be not heard from…he’s kinda funny sitting in the corner smoking a blunt on daly’s socials, though.
And Jon Voight , don't forget him, Jack Proboscis or whatever almost forgot to list him in his list of awesome vote-getters.

Reactions: gteeitup
I think everyone outside of your household feels comfortable taking the opposite opinion of you. That's going to make them right almost all the time.

And it's only logical that a guy who has been around since the 90s is going to have older fans than someone more recent. But logic has never been an area of strength for you.
maybe you confused swift with ariana grande???

this is what I'm talking about. It's less and less about a football game anymore and more and more about what's around the game. TS just exemplifies it.
i watched the entire CBS pre game and listened to Tony and Jim the entire game, i never once heard her name mentioned. i'm sure it was, but if so it was very little. she got talked about more in this context by folks who dont like her and dont think she should have been shown at all (even though family members of high profile athletes have been shown in the crowd during games for decades).

i watched the entire CBS pre game and listened to Tony and Jim the entire game, i never once heard her name mentioned. i'm sure it was, but if so it was very little. she got talked about more in this context by folks who dont like her and dont think she should have been shown at all (even though family members of high profile athletes have been shown in the crowd during games for decades).

I do not know Taylor Swift. I do not listen to Taylor Swift. I care nothing about Taylor Swift. She could win 1000 more awards or her plane could crash into a mountain and neither would be but a blip on my radar. However, she’s not family of anyone. It appears she got off on inserting herself into football and being present at all the games of a guy she’s been dating for all of a couple months. It’s oddly uncharacteristic of celebrity relationships, most of which has at least one party attempting to lay low and out of the public eye. Secondly, if you didn’t notice the coverage (not just at the Super Bowl but surrounding the NFL down the stretch of the season) of Taylor Swift, I don’t know what to tell you.

if we're honest here, showing brief glimpses of members of the family of players is not even nearly the same as showing some celeb over and over, especially when the purpose is to play to an audience interested less in the football game and more in catching some glitterglam.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
her plane
Such a great topic that we can delve into a bit more.

Per that article, on average her private jet belches out the same amount of carbon emissions in a day that the average American household emits in a year. I couldn't give two shits about that, per se, however I do like calling out hypocrisy. Tons of her snatch-sniffers worship everything she does, and then have the gall to go bitch about climate change and how we need to do anything possible to combat it. Maybe tell her to sit a game or two out, and then you don't have to crawl up everyone else's ass for driving a gas powered car.

And the best part is the guy tracking those celeb flights and posting them on twitter (@CelebJets) is some college kid, that she tried to throw her cabal of lawyers at with Cease & Desist letters threatening him to stop posting the flight details. They claimed it was for her safety - you know, from the same woman that despite all her fame still feels the need to call the paparazzis on herself when walking around town to make sure pictures of her stay at the top of all the tabloids - ya, really worried about her safety in people knowing where she is.

Fortunately he lawyered up and his lawyers bitch-slapped hers telling them that they had literally no legal ground to stand on to get him to stop posting this public information on his twitter.

The inevitable breakup will occur and it will be epic. TS is famous for slaying former boyfriends in song after they are history and Travis should be no exception. I just wonder if the Chiefs and the NFL will be included when it happens. I mean, I wish them no ill will, but if history is any guide on this, that day will come.

if we're honest here, showing brief glimpses of members of the family of players is not even nearly the same as showing some celeb over and over, especially when the purpose is to play to an audience interested less in the football game and more in catching some glitterglam.
agree, but it's not a new idea in general. and she was not getting THAT much TV time overall ... as you said, "brief glimpses."

The inevitable breakup will occur and it will be epic. TS is famous for slaying former boyfriends in song after they are history and Travis should be no exception. I just wonder if the Chiefs and the NFL will be included when it happens. I mean, I wish them no ill will, but if history is any guide on this, that day will come.
"Travisty"

if Kelce goes down with a long-term injury that keeps him out of the spotlight, so does their relationship go down. You heard it here first.

agree, but it's not a new idea in general. and she was not getting THAT much TV time overall ... as you said, "brief glimpses."
and as I said, those glimpses are symptomatic of the bigger problem...and as such, even a total of a nano-second isn't brief enough. Just to make it clear, I feel the same way when they get some celebrity to stick his face in the camera to tell us what he thinks the outcome will be. Who the F interested in the football game itself cares about what Robert Downey Jr. thinks? Only those suffering Celebrity Worship Syndrome do, and that's who they are pandering to.

Definitely not a new idea, but one of the issues was she has never had any connection to football before. It comes off as someone who has no clue about football getting airtime just because she's famous. It's completely different than when someone like Eminem was getting airtime this year because people know that he's a huge Detroit Lions fan. But like I mentioned before, the real issue isn't her being shown on camera. It's the spectacle around her being on camera. All the media time being spent discussing her, the Taylor tracker to see if she'll make it to the game, etc.

Y'all have a three-page thread discussing how she shouldn't be discussed. 🤡
lol wrong. buffalo breath. I initiated a discussion about her. Nobody said she shouldn't be discussed. I said I didn't like her being imposed on us during a sports broadcast, and that is what is being discussed, and not that she shouldn't be discussed.. Voluntarily having a discussion about her being imposed on us isn't in and of itself an imposition, so therefor no irony exists at all.

So sorry, nice try but swing and a miss. But I'll graciously concede you a participation point for not typing 'ya'll'.

• Haha
Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
lol wrong. buffalo breath. I initiated a discussion about her. Nobody said she shouldn't be discussed. I said I didn't like her being imposed on us during a sports broadcast, and that is what is being discussed, and not that she shouldn't be discussed.. Voluntarily having a discussion about her being imposed on us isn't in and of itself an imposition, so therefor no irony exists at all.

So sorry, nice try but swing and a miss. But I'll graciously concede you a participation point for not typing 'ya'll'.
Take your medicine, Hete-Roy.

I said I didn't like her being imposed on us during a sports broadcast, and that is what is being discussed, and not that she shouldn't be discussed.. Voluntarily having a discussion about her being imposed on us isn't in and of itself an imposition, so therefor no irony exists at all.

70 seconds over 5 games is an imposition? yikes! i'm waaaaay more annoyed by the stream of long stupid commercials "imposed" on us 30-35 times each game. give me a 3 second cutaway to any celebrity, any day!

Reactions: Heelicious
70 seconds over 5 games is an imposition? yikes! i'm waaaaay more annoyed by the stream of long stupid commercials "imposed" on us 30-35 times each game. give me a 3 second cutaway to any celebrity, any day!
c'mon man. What part of that 70 seconds being only a symptom of the overall problem are you having a hard time understanding?

You're annoyed by commercials? Give me what is justifiably necessary to pay for this overblown dog-and-pony show any day over some stupid celebrity's mug shown for no justifiable reason at all.

c'mon man. What part of that 70 seconds being only a symptom of the overall problem are you having a hard time understanding?

You're annoyed by commercials? Give me what is justifiably necessary to pay for this overblown dog-and-pony show any day over some stupid celebrity's mug shown for no justifiable reason at all.
you started the thread about taylor swift lol…if you just talked about the game, maybe only two people i can think of respond about her, not including you until now.

you started the thread about taylor swift lol…if you just talked about the game, maybe only two people i can think of respond about her, not including you until now.
duh huh yeah, I started the thread about Taylor Swift which changes nothing about anything I said. I did not start a thread about NOT discussing Taylor Swift. And AS I said, she is merely a symptom but she was the symptom most notably exhibited out of many other instances. Maybe you should just stop trying to justify the unjustifiable just because you've chosen an indefensible position.

I have to admit, the bolded seems to be pure mumbo jumbo. Maybe you could reword it into something understandable.

duh huh yeah, I started the thread about Taylor Swift which changes nothing about anything I said. I did not start a thread about NOT discussing Taylor Swift. And AS I said, she is merely a symptom but she was the symptom most notably exhibited out of many other instances. Maybe you should just stop trying to justify the unjustifiable just because you've chosen an indefensible position.

I have to admit, the bolded seems to be pure mumbo jumbo. Maybe you could reword it into something understandable.
Swifties go hard in the paint, my man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT