ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning of the end?

midline

Hall of Famer
Dec 27, 2007
Halfway through 3rd qtr and I am wondering if we aren't witnessing the beginning of the end of the Mack 2.0. Offense isn't working and suddenly all of the blame we all put on Bateman may seem misguided. Chizick has to know what they are doing. Run inside to the left and throw to that tight end. Sometimes they run wide because the defense can set the edge at all. So at this point, I almost wonder if all of those program changing recruits that have been hyped over the last three years has been just that. Hype. Maybe there is a disconnect in evaluating talent in the program. I don't know. But a team usually shows itself in the 3rd year after a coach takes over. And Notre Dame hasn't exactly put fear into the college football world this year. It may be time Mack

The beginning of the end was Mack's staff based on BFF relationships. Mack has repeated every mistake that got him fired at Texas. And now he's definitely too old to be given endless chances to learn and make his own corrections.

OK everyone gets to play athletic Director. Who would you replace him with and who would be your offense and defense coordinators

OK everyone gets to play athletic Director. Who would you replace him with and who would be your offense and defense coordinators
I think Matt Rhule may be like Nick Saban in that he always will be a much better college coach than an NFL coach. I would want to talk to Rhule. He is an eastern guy, and now he's worked in NC.

I also would want to talk to Dave Aranda. I've thought for a while that he is a top guy to become a good HC. He is Aspergery and does not love spotlights, so UNC would not be a downer for him the way being HC at LSU would.

I would want to talk to Jamey Chadwell. He's had back to back 11 Win seasons, and he is 4-0 this year.

We obviously blew any chance to talk to Kiffin. Nobody is leaving any SEC job not named Vandy to go to UNC.

I would want to talk to Matt Campbell because the job he has done at Iowa State is amazing.

I would want t talk to Kansas's Lance Leipold because in his 2nd season at KU, he has worked a miracle and has the Jayhawks 4-0, with a win over Dook.

I would want to talk to Vandy's Clark Lea because he has Vandy 3-1 in his 2nd season, he's been ND DC, and he's worked under Dave Clawson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT