ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bell Hi 3* LB

HeelFan58

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2011
FSU refused to admit him because he has a wrongful death case against him , even though he has no criminal charges and was cleared by law enforcement in a bizarre case. I guess they are tired of all the bad publicity.

FSU's Pres and AD told Jimbo that they wanted to go a different direction ... there is no doubt that ESPN would have made this into something negative against FSU after all , we arent in the SEC

Originally posted by nolegeorge:
FSU's Pres and AD told Jimbo that they wanted to go a different direction ... there is no doubt that ESPN would have made this into something negative against FSU after all , we arent in the SEC
A different direction seemed to be unimportant while Winston was leading your team to a national title.

Originally posted by ole bowl guy:

A different direction seemed to be unimportant while Winston was leading your team to a national title.
Got any free motel rooms I can borrow?

Keep it on the USuC site.

There is a huge uproar about this down in Valdosta, Ga. Like it's a nasty situation -- NAACP is involved (Bell is white, the kid who died is black). There's allegations -- I stress, ALLEGATIONS -- of all kinds of stuff....that he bullied the kid regularly, that local police mishandled evidence, etc etc etc.

It's just a sticky situation all the way around, and I do not blame FSU whatsoever for not honoring this guy's commitment. I feel bad for him if he's innocent, but FSU, from a PR standpoint, cannot touch this situation right now.

JFTR, Valdosta is one of FSU's recruiting strongholds / hotbeds. FSU dominates that South Georgia talent most years. They make a living off of it.

Originally posted by ole bowl guy:
Originally posted by nolegeorge:
Exactly what THNation said ... cant touch this right now ... sadly because he is a good player

ole bowl guy ... I know , I know , ... JW is guilty in your eyes no matter the facts of the case or the verdict given by a FL supreme court justice about his actions ... the bottom line is that eSECpn / yahoo etc destroyed JW & FSU every chance they could last year ... anyway, I dont know all the facts in this case but I dont think this kid was charged and I hope the cloud of guilt or suspicion doesnt follow him around .... one last thing, I linked a Rolling Stone artice about eSECpn altered a statement by the FSU AD and dragged others thru the grass ... go to the paragraph , "Meanwhile, the chaplain for ... " ... you know its bad if the Rolling Stone can see it

This post was edited on 2/5 11:30 AM by nolegeorge

This post was edited on 2/5 11:32 AM by nolegeorge

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-worldwide-cheerleader-espn-and-the-college-football-playoff-20141028

There were a LOT of people who were also named in this wrongful death suit. As far as Winston goes , I found it odd that there were pics of him all over the girl's facebook page. She has come out and is taking part in some kind of program or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT