ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back the RPT

u6swzw8ncryrszl5.jpg

Watched it happen in Mrs. Zampini’s 5th grade class at Charlotte Latin on the TV cart. I was sitting beside Heather McAlexander. She cried. I loved her.
Mrs. Shelton’s 6th grade Civics class. I got in trouble because I didn’t believe it when a friend told me at lunch. Apparently I was being disrespectful, but I really didn’t believe something like that could’ve happened.

He's somewhere in my top 10 Presidents. The New Deal goes against everything I believe in for today's modern economy, but it was very necessary in 1932 and our wartime production would not have been possible without the infrastructure we put in place in the 30's under it.

The tightrope of "neutrality" he walked from 1939 - 1941 was incredible and probably kept the British from being completely defeated by Germany.

He's somewhere in my top 10 Presidents. The New Deal goes against everything I believe in for today's modern economy, but it was very necessary in 1932 and our wartime production would not have been possible without the infrastructure we put in place in the 30's under it.

The tightrope of "neutrality" he walked from 1939 - 1941 was incredible and probably kept the British from being completely defeated by Germany.
I feel almost the exact opposite of you. I think he was one of the worst we've ever had. Certainly the worst in modern day.

I feel almost the exact opposite of you. I think he was one of the worst we've ever had. Certainly the worst in modern day.

Woah - hot take thread?

I understand the opposition to him, he had a ton of it in his own time. To me, he did some incredibly important things that turned us into the superpower that we all love that we are today. Listened to Einstein on the bomb when others told him it shouldn't be a priority, mobilized a workforce as a solution to the depression that made us come out of WW2 golden, and lend-lease saved the Allies in Europe...those are the 3 biggest off the top of my head.

Plus, the guy made drinking legal again. Come on, that's worthy of top 10 on that alone.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT