ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba screws up again

About Joe Brady? I think Brady played for William&Mary when Boone coached there.

LSU is about to make Joe Brady an offer that, unfortunately for us, will probably keep him in Baton Rouge for a long time.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-lsu-is-preparing-to-pay-joe-brady-nfl-type-money/

"The report adds that “LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value,” in the neighborhood of $1.5 million and could have a deal done by the end of the season for first-year LSU assistant who spent the past two seasons as an offensive assistant with the Saints. Brady currently makes $400,000 annually."

LSU is about to make Joe Brady an offer that, unfortunately for us, will probably keep him in Baton Rouge for a long time.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-lsu-is-preparing-to-pay-joe-brady-nfl-type-money/

"The report adds that “LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value,” in the neighborhood of $1.5 million and could have a deal done by the end of the season for first-year LSU assistant who spent the past two seasons as an offensive assistant with the Saints. Brady currently makes $400,000 annually."
I am not surprised. LSU used to be stupid about QBs and offense, and now the crazy Cajun has changed things there.

Lots of talk on here about Satterfield, ESPI FPI is SOS-adjusted, and garbage time adjusted, anyway they have Louisville 31st in offense, us 35th. Satterfield can coach offense. He's got one of the better LT's in the ACC and their frosh RB is going to be all-conf soon - he's a lucky 3* similar to our luck with Javonte. Satterfield inherited some fantastic WRs.

So Satterfield isn't working miracles with scrubs, but he's doing impressive stuff on O. Their defense is poor, but i've always believed jimmys/joes are even more important on that side of the ball.

How bout Mike Houston looking better the last two weeks, hanging with SMU and Cincy?

Reactions: Archer2
Lots of talk on here about Satterfield, ESPI FPI is SOS-adjusted, and garbage time adjusted, anyway they have Louisville 31st in offense, us 35th. Satterfield can coach offense. He's got one of the better LT's in the ACC and their frosh RB is going to be all-conf soon - he's a lucky 3* similar to our luck with Javonte. Satterfield inherited some fantastic WRs.

So Satterfield isn't working miracles with scrubs, but he's doing impressive stuff on O. Their defense is poor, but i've always believed jimmys/joes are even more important on that side of the ball.

How bout Mike Houston looking better the last two weeks, hanging with SMU and Cincy?
Houston could show next year that he is close to ready for a shot in the ACC.

I think Satterfield is going to do well at Louisville. If FSU screws up this hire, Satterfield could position the Cards as Atlantic #2 behind Clemson.

So Brady is off the table. Now, if Longo leaves, and Mack cannot land Graham Harrell, I think I'd like Kalen DeBoer, the IU OC.

So Brady is off the table. Now, if Longo leaves, and Mack cannot land Graham Harrell, I think I'd like Kalen DeBoer, the IU OC.

Neither has any experience in the southeast.
Harrell will be available when Helton is let go but DeBoer has maturity and head coaching experience (and at this point may be harder to pry away from Indiana).
Harrell is a direct link to Leach if that is the avenue we still want to pursue.
We need to develop more of a power run game and short passing attack to support our defense in order to win championships on a consistent basis.

We need to develop more of a power run game and short passing attack to support our defense in order to win championships on a consistent basis.
I could be wrong, but aren't the top 4 teams often throwing bombs rather than short passes? Burrows, Tua, and Clemson come to mind.

I could be wrong, but aren't the top 4 teams often throwing bombs rather than short passes? Burrows, Tua, and Clemson come to mind.

All three of those teams have really good power running games to go along with superb passing attacks.

They have dominant athletes on the outside. Very few college corners can cover the guys that they're signing at WR. So if you take a lot of shots downfield then you're going to expose those mismatches throughout the course of the game.

I am glad to have Mack but when he does hang it up who replaces him?

When that time comes, if he’s strung together a few ten win seasons and loaded the roster with four and five star talent, then we’re going to have plenty of really great options.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Not sure bubba screwed up but man what a job satterfield has done at Louisville. happy with Mack

I had to laugh at that even though I also was saying to myself, 'don't even joke that way.'

The fear of such, perhaps coming when Mack's age has caught him and the program easily could turn down to Bunting/Fedora depths, is the reason I hope Mack has already arranged his graceful departure for well before he turns 75, which means the process of securing his replacement should begin no later than 2022.

Mack stated that we should be better next year and “really special” in a couple of years. Here’s next year’s schedule. The dates have yet to be set for the games in red.

Sep 3 or 4 at UCF
Sat Sep 12 vs Auburn (in Atlanta)
Sat Sep 19 vs James Madison
Sat Nov 7 vs Connecticut
vs Georgia Tech
vs Pittsburgh
vs Virginia Tech
vs NC State
at Boston College
at Duke
at Miami
at Virginia

We obviously have a tough opener on the road at UCF. Their second year coach is 20-4 and that game will be a huge test for our young team. Then all we have to do is play Auburn and they will have a lot of fans in Atlanta for the Chic-Fil-A Kickoff Game. So a pretty brutal start to the season. We also have Miami and UVA on the road.

An 8-4 record against that schedule would be good, anything more, outstanding.

Mack stated that we should be better next year and “really special” in a couple of years. Here’s next year’s schedule. The dates have yet to be set for the games in red.

Sep 3 or 4 at UCF
Sat Sep 12 vs Auburn (in Atlanta)
Sat Sep 19 vs James Madison
Sat Nov 7 vs Connecticut
vs Georgia Tech
vs Pittsburgh
vs Virginia Tech
vs NC State
at Boston College
at Duke
at Miami
at Virginia

We obviously have a tough opener on the road at UCF. Their second year coach is 20-4 and that game will be a huge test for our young team. Then all we have to do is play Auburn and they will have a lot of fans in Atlanta for the Chic-Fil-A Kickoff Game. So a pretty brutal start to the season. We also have Miami and UVA on the road.

An 8-4 record against that schedule would be good, anything more, outstanding.
I think an 8-4 record against that schedule should be the minimum assuming we improve like we should. The only conference game that might be considered hard is at UVA, but they lose their starting QB. I guess you could add Miami to that, so worst case scenario we should be at least 6-2 in conference. JM and Uconn are two more wins, so that's eight wins minimum right there. I don't think it's out of the question to think there is at least one more win between UCF, UVA and Miami to get us to 9 wins.

Of course if we get beat by moo, my opinion might change and be negative about next year. If we can get by moo and win a bowl game, I think 9 wins next year isn't an unreasonable expectation.

I think an 8-4 record against that schedule should be the minimum assuming we improve like we should. The only conference game that might be considered hard is at UVA, but they lose their starting QB. I guess you could add Miami to that, so worst case scenario we should be at least 6-2 in conference. JM and Uconn are two more wins, so that's eight wins minimum right there. I don't think it's out of the question to think there is at least one more win between UCF, UVA and Miami to get us to 9 wins.

Of course if we get beat by moo, my opinion might change and be negative about next year. If we can get by moo and win a bowl game, I think 9 wins next year isn't an unreasonable expectation.
If everything goes well next year injury-wise, I'd agree that 9-3 (6-2) is realistic; and possibly playing in ACCG. So we could end up 10-4 after losing to Clemson, but winning our bowl game. :D

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT