ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Has Been Released . . . !

FANTASTIC news.

I imagine dookies lookin like this

crying-baby.jpg.cf.jpg

Bc daggum ol Roy got by w another one!!

Great news for UNC and for Cam. I figured Pitt would eventually do this, just wasn't sure how long they would drag it out. Glad they chose shorter rather than longer.

Really, barring Pitt revoking the release to contact and attend ACC schools that they had already granted, there could be no other outcome. And had they tried that they would have been crucified.

like I said..I want a DY-NASTYYYY..hahaha..what a sweet summer!!!!...long live the King(of the NCAA)...strike up the pep band,haha

Me too, soap. Maybe they're all out celebrating. I freakin love this. I really like next years team, especially with Berry back at the helm. Really think it's gonna be sweet. I do wish we had Bradley coming back but I still think we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Me too, soap. Maybe they're all out celebrating. I freakin love this. I like next years team with a Berry back at the helm I think it'll be sweet. Wish we had Bradley coming back but I think we'll be fine.

With Berry, Bradley and Cam, and a relatively injury free season I felt we would have had a decent chance at getting to the final four again. And once there, anything can happen. I love the addition of Cam, yet I feel we will be over-achieving if we get to the Final Four again, much less win it all. Impossible? By no means. Just less likely without Tony - imo.

I'm thrilled about this too! I'm a fan of his. Of course it would be great to have Tony but what's done is done. Bottomline, this will be a really entertaining team to follow this coming year and that's all you can ask for as a sports fan.

Reactions: Archer2
Awesome news! Whether they capitulated due to their own image or because it is what's best for Cam is unimportant to me! Pitt did the right thing and we get to welcome a new Family member!

Welcome to the Family Mr. Johnson!
(we'll make you famous!)

Glad this is now behind us, now we are pretty much set with our line up for next season. This kid stabilizes us at the wing and gives us some additional options at the 4.

Great news for UNC and for Cam. I figured Pitt would eventually do this, just wasn't sure how long they would drag it out. Glad they chose shorter rather than longer.

Really, barring Pitt revoking the release to contact and attend ACC schools that they had already granted, there could be no other outcome. And had they tried that they would have been crucified.

So true. Word would get around that Pitt isn't a very recruit friendly school that prefers to hold their athletes to the letter. This young man repped his school in the most respected manner possible over 3 years. He was more loyal to them than they to he up until Thursday's action.

Great news and a solid addition to the roster.
Solid addition to the classroom too. Does a grad transfer impact APR in the same way as an undergrad? Not that the team has been struggling on this front but it doesn't hurt to have another top level student on board.

Am i crazy to think he will make us better than knox would have?

A 6'8" kid with 3yrs of experience in an ACC program, a kid that was a problem for us both times we played his team last season, that is much more a known than the unknown of Knox IMO. Knox is not considered to be that knock down jump shooter, not that he can not hit the occasional trey but it just is not his strength. Cam on the other hand is a deadly outside marksman with a lot of experience, give me Cam over KNox all day. not saying Cam is more talented, saying he is more ready to contribute now. Knox is very talented but I suspect the college game will never see his real game, he will be gone to the NBA before his real game is realized.

It's about time that Pitt relented. I get their side entirely, under normal circumstances. But the kid graduated. It's not like he transferred out after year 1.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Was just on a 5 day fishing/camping/kayaking trip. Come back to work this morning and see this news. FANTASTIC!!
We will be a perimeter scoring team next year. All good with me.

It's about time that Pitt relented. I get their side entirely, under normal circumstances. But the kid graduated. It's not like he transferred out after year 1.
pitt almost did some damage to their recruiting pitch by disrespecting one of their own graduates, but i think they got smart in time to save their image with recruits and their families.

With the lossses to graduation we have this year, Cameron will help next year. He graduated in 3 years and wants to be a part of a winning environment. Can you blame him?

I don't know if it was a matter of us needing him as much as it was us wanting him and him wanting us.

Since many of you don't visit the loony bin that is DI, I thought I'd share some of the hilarious lunacy from the thread entitled "Roy desperately pulling strings..." which is about Cameron Johnson. You can't make this shite up. We need to send a semi full of tin hats to Derm.

Salad Man:

"I don't know how all of you feel but to me this is vintage hof coach roy williams and the unc trait of arrogance and entitlement. Who else would even try to pull this off but them. That along with their up in their nose up in the air attitude about their cheating makes it so hard to respect anything that has to do with that place in chapel hill, N.C. OFC"

Showenuff:

"It looks like Pitt is treating Roy Williams just like drugs. They just said no."

DevilDJ:

"Everything Roy's accomplished is predicated on bending/breaking the rules...both at unx AND KU. Why stop now?"

Two more gems from the Salad Man:

"Bottom line guys is the only reason hof coach wants this guy is because needs him because he's not landing the players he was before the cheating scandal came out. hof coach wouldn't have given him the time of day if the situation were different. That shows the true character of the man. I'm beginning to believe the only slimier coach out there is Cal and hof coach roy williams is overcoming him at a fast pace. OFC"

"What does mike know that we don't know. Has a deal been cut. Is mike nifong and john edwards be using their fame to influence Pitt. Lot's of respected power in those two unc alumni. After all edwards could have well been our VPOTUS and who know even the POTUS someday and nifong in his cabinet. Big things may be going on behind closed doors we aren't allowed to see. Whatever it is mikeirbyusa is keeping it close to his chest which makes me think he may be a major player in all this. Sounds like the family may be in a desperate situation and are willing to do anything to get what they want. Hang on to your hats and until I hear that Johnson is going elsewhere I believe hof coach roy williams has pulled it off. OFC"

A couple more from our ol' buddy Showenuff:

"Well, one thing is for DAMN sure. If a rule CAN be broken, that's the frigging National Rule Breaking Headquarters over there so anything is possible. UNC has already figured out, you throw enough money at something it can sure disappear. Case in point, that 20 million dollar banner going up."

"If you can buy a Championship, you damn well know you can get a kid to play for you."

hart2chesson:

"Little baby Roy got his way, and he needs to send a big fat check to his golf buddy Jay Bilas on this one....Floodgates about to open in a dangerous precedent setting INTRA- CONFERENCE maneuver...."

topps coach: (obviously a dook graduate judging by his grammar and spelling)

"Just do think that UNC will get any sanctions . Too much moneyy and power ofr them to get hit"

Salad Man again:

"If he plays right away it's a good indication on just how powerful the unc nation is and also a good indication what the decision will be as far as the academic scandal will come out. This will change collegiate athletics forever. OFC"

Last edited:
Wtf is their problem? Teams get grad transfers every year. Cuse had 2 or 3 last year. Why they are acting like it's some shady dealing is absurd.

Wtf is their problem? Teams get grad transfers every year. Cuse had 2 or 3 last year. Why they are acting like it's some shady dealing is absurd.
They thought we would be a middle of the pack team in the ACC next year with all the losses to graduation we had. Now they realize we might pretty darn good and it has them worried.

They've literally lost their minds since we won the NCAAT.

831051429.gif

"What does mike know that we don't know. Has a deal been cut. Is mike nifong and john edwards be using their fame to influence Pitt. Lot's of respected power in those two unc alumni. After all edwards could have well been our VPOTUS and who know even the POTUS someday and nifong in his cabinet. Big things may be going on behind closed doors we aren't allowed to see. Whatever it is mikeirbyusa is keeping it close to his chest which makes me think he may be a major player in all this.

Lmao okay wtf is this all about? That the @mikeirbyusa thats a mod?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT