ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Florida State game thread—Monday 27 Feb 2023

Are fans supposed to be happy with the “offense” hd drew up and ran? Who could be happy with it? Makes me want to puke. We shot under 25% in second half due to our shtty offensive scheme
The thing that frustrates me is the turnovers.

A road win by this team is pretty rare, so take it any way you can get it.

Reactions: Heelicious
There is no place in basketball at any level for that 4 out iso burn the clock stand around no pass dogsht offense. I hate it.
Yea... that's another thing that infuriates me. That stall-ball tactic is bizarre. The other 4 stand near the baseline and either RJ or Love stand up near half-court and dribble for 26 seconds. It is so damn frustrating. I do not get that play at all. And, they do it every... single... game. If it worked, I could understand it. I've never seen it work.

There is no place in basketball at any level for that 4 out iso burn the clock stand around no pass dogsht offense. I hate it. I’d rather lose playing right to a good team than this unproductive non team offense
Exactly. I’ve said this several time. HD continues to do this and he continues to lose games or let large leads become nail biters by doing this stupid freakin prevent offense dribble the air out of the ball strategy. I cannot understand why he can’t learn from past mistakes. He sure never saw Roy Williams do this so I’m not sure where he’s getting the idea that this actually works.

Leaky Black has been so damn good tonight
With all the scouts in attendance they saw a long 3 and dee athlete. Guys always shoot better when the league and the practice time, shot gurus get them. He may have the best chance to get on and stick around the league for a while of anyone on the roster.

I realize it’s a no- brainer. If it was easy going inside and pass and score they’d do it. Something was wrong with Bacot tonight. And rj and love weren’t having success driving.

But the 4 guys standing around have no chance at scoring. So easy to defend that Heels offense. And then it leads to the Heels having no intensity to defend on the other end.

Plays right into the hands of a team trying to make a comeback

Last edited:
Leaky, Pete and RJ were huge tonight. And, making all those 3s in the first half helped immensely.

Q1Q2Q3Q4T
North Carolina1528132177
Florida St.1213152666

Thank goodness for that good 2nd quarter.

Last edited:
There will still be some that are not happy with the win..you know it and I know it
Well, I'm happy with it for sure. That said, it wasn't a very encouraging game. We shot 48% from three. Good in a sense, but not sustainable. If we shoot 34%, still an improvement on our season average, we lose by 1 to a pretty bad team. This isn't how good teams win.

We had 14 turnovers to a defense ranked in the 200s. Most of them were just abhorrent offensive plays rather than particularly good defense. I guess we won't fix that flaw, but it's pretty limiting. We have to be much better there.

We also continue to get no help from our bench. It's about to turn to the Iron 5 plus Puff again the way the other guys play.

The one really good thing is we were able to win like that without Bacot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT