ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Georgia Tech game thread on: Tuesday 30 January 2024

Still will never understand why we don’t at least try another player on those out of timeout plays we must be 0-10 this year

Simply can't play as sloppy as that, miss that many 3's, get so few rebounds off misses, turn the ball over that often, miss that many free throws, be second to so many balls and finish the game with the only player on the team who seemed to have a shot all night take the final shot get fouled have it not be called and expect to win.

The stars must have been lined up in Atlanta for Carolina to lose by a whole one point. Awful from the three point line, embarrassing from the free throw line, uncharacteristic turnovers by the team in the first half and being outplayed and out hustled all night long.

Ingram & Ryan were both 3-14 that’s hard to overcome
14-50 28% fg and 5-20 25% from 3 if you take out wash and rj. Putrid. How is that possible.

And around 50% from ft line. That is actually where they beat us. Cannot happen. Just no focus. I hope hub rips them. Looks like only one guy took the game seriously tonight. So many others mailed it in.

Reactions: ThunderBox
Probably a foul. Oh well, didn’t play well enough against an inferior opponent.

AT LEAST HUBERT PLAYED HIS BENCH THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

BENCH MOB!!!!!
Why don’t you go away douche? State could probably use some more foul weather fans.

The bench usage has been a huge improvement this year and everyone other than Woj have had a big role in at least one win.

Washington and Trimble showed a lot off the bench in their limited minutes but Ryan and Ingram combined to shoot less then thirty percent and neither one was willing to drive tonight. First game I can remember Ingram not in the paint posting someone up. Carolina had at least 5 balls roll off the rim so it was just one of those games that you burn the game film, forget and focus the next three days in preparation for Duke…

Still not sure who you want to take the shot. Like I said Ingram and Ryan were 6-28 and bacot is to weak so maybe Seth but doubt it. Too bad EC played like sh** and wasn’t in there oh well.
Just run another play now to show you have more than one play

Don’t want to be down 76-75 in the NCAA tournament and still running the same exact play

Still will never understand why we don’t at least try another player on those out of timeout plays we must be 0-10 this year
Generally agree but this time it was a great shot. I was just happy we didn’t take a 3 when we needed a 2. It was the best shot we’ve gotten like that in a long time. And he legit got fouled.

Tonight I wouldn’t have trusted anyone else. Bacot would leave it short or get blocked. Everyone else would’ve clanged it.

I went into these 2 road games thinking might lose one. That was a just a crap game except for RJ. Cormac my man, brick after brick. Yuck

Just run another play now to show you have more than one play

Don’t want to be down 76-75 in the NCAA tournament and still running the same exact play
That play worked perfectly I thought. You got your best scorer free and clear going downhill with multiple options. I thought the plenty open elbow 15 footer was the best option, but he drove to the contact from the big running out to help.

It was a foul, but I think the pull up was the better choice. In any event perfectly set up final possession. Did not complete it though, with the no whistle.

Reactions: Heelicious
Again with 11 point lead and a possible chance to stomp the opponent out Hubert played the Rhythm Killer Wojcik and it’s happening game after game
This imo dictated the rest of the game. Hubert absolutely killed momentum and blew the lead with Woj and Withers in the game together. Instead of GT going into halftime down 8-10 points they went in even and the bench usage caused it. This flipped momentum for the rest of the game and gave them a belief at halftime that they could win.

Ingram & Ryan were both 3-14 that’s hard to overcome
They were awful. Ryan can be a difference maker. He HAS to be better for them to win close games. He was REALLY bad tonight.
Again with 11 point lead and a possible chance to stomp the opponent out Hubert played the Rhythm Killer Wojcik and it’s happening game after game
sooooo true… how does he get Minutes? I know they need somebody to kill some minutes but good grief he is awful. He can’t shoot…. And when he gets the ball he steps out of bounds.

Agree. If he is going to foul, make sure it is worth it. All of his fouls are identical. He will do better on Saturday.

Again, it's possible none of his 5 fouls were actually a foul.......maybe 1. Maybe

Did the refs stay on the court to celebrate with students.. im hoping hubert talks trash about the phantom foul calls & no calls ... but he won't... if we could have only made a layup or 2 & hit a few fts ohh well .. Go Heels !

Abysmal FT shooting

Terrible 1st half turnovers

Ryan and Ingram shot terribly

High and Wojcik helping GT along the way

Terrible refs calling 5 chippy fouls on Cadeau but won't call am obvious foul for RJ

Why don’t you go away douche? State could probably use some more foul weather fans.

The bench usage has been a huge improvement this year and everyone other than Woj have had a big role in at least one win.
You’re spot on. IMO you can’t play Wojcik unless you’re in foul trouble or there’s injuries. To have him and Withers on the floor together really can’t happen. You become too limited offensively on a team that has shown some offensive limitations.

It wasn’t a ton but the 1:32 they were on the floor together, we were outscored 5-0.

Don’t put your team in that position. You have a chance to open a huge lead and you oversubstitute.

Fortunately, I don’t think Wojcik will be in the rotation in March apart from special situations.

Bacot play scared too damn much, especially when needed. He literally babby-stepped the whole night all while his man was in foul trouble! He will not face a less inferior inside presence than what he faced tonight and yet he failed to show up. Thank god Hubert benched his arsh earlier otherwise we wouldn’t have had any chance at all!

Tonight was the night Bacot should've ate.. instead he was his normal recent self.. everyone that bashed me where ya at???

Bacot play scared too damn much, especially when needed. He literally babby-stepped the whole night all while his man was in foul trouble! He will not face a less inferior inside presence than what he faced tonight and yet he failed to show up. Thank god Hubert benched his arsh earlier otherwise we wouldn’t have had any chance at all!
I love how Hubert barked at Bacot as he sat down… and then when Washington was hustling Hubert made sure he let Bacot know what hustle looks like. Bacot has been soft all season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT