ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Miami game thread—Saturday 10 February 2024

I was yelling at the tv for RJ to keep the ball. I think he thought they could run it out with few seconds left and as well they had been swarming and fouling him hard the past few minutes without getting the call. But for sure you want RJ and RJ only on the line the last few free throws.
Were my eyes deceiving me or did rj davis get the rebound under Mia hoop with like 9 seconds left - then he PASSED IT TO 50% FT Ingram? Why would you do that as a 95% shoote

Were getting absolutely nothing from our bench for what feels like the 3rd year in a row. I know in the portal age you arent gonna have 5 stars on the bench like Marvin Williams or PJ Hairston anymore but our bench players outside of Trimble barely look like ACC caliber players
It was weird to me when people were saying this is a 10 deep team. There’s very little punch off the bench apart from Trimble semi-consistently.

This team really misses one shooter and one big who has some game off the bench.

Adam Lucas said it too - but that deflection out of bounds late by Ryan was huge. Would have been a dunk to tie it otherwise.

It was weird to me when people were saying this is a 10 deep team. There’s very little punch off the bench apart from Trimble semi-consistently.

This team really misses one shooter and one big who has some game off the bench.
Yep. And one big off the bench shame one wash and withers who have great physical gifts and size but play soft or not smart. Have to expect more out of them. And how is it that wojcik can’t throw it in the ocean, when wide open. Like half the d1 players (wings / guards) can do that.

Were getting absolutely nothing from our bench for what feels like the 3rd year in a row. I know in the portal age you arent gonna have 5 stars on the bench like Marvin Williams or PJ Hairston anymore but our bench players outside of Trimble barely look like ACC caliber players
I think it's clear that we massive overestimated what Withers and Washington were going to give us.

We had 2 more scholarships and Hubert chose to give them to walkons. We should have kept bringing in portal players.

Reactions: Heelicious
Yep. And one big off the bench shame one wash and withers who have great physical gifts and size but play soft or not smart. Have to expect more out of them. And how is it that wojcik can’t throw it in the ocean, when wide open. Like half the d1 players (wings / guards) can do that.
Wojcik has always shot poorly in games versus power 6 conference teams. Has his whole career. I think it's a confidence issue.

The reality is that in these times, guys don’t want to be 7 or 8 on the team. They think they can be 4 or 5 somewhere else instead. Look at the guys we lost…puff, nickel, styles…there’s the bench. None of them would start for us this year either but they’d be a better bench mob than what we have. Instead, they’re playing a little bit more but also losing a lot more.

We finished the last 3 to 4 minutes of the last two games about as bad as you could possibly play. Unforced turnovers, missed free throws, bad defense and terrible shots. Meanwhile both UConn and Purdue are destroying inferior competition. They do not beat themselves as we have started to do as of late. We were doing that up until the last three out of our last four games. I sure hope this team is not over celebrating this win in the locker room. For a talented veteran team I would hope that they are a little ticked off about how the game ended. Happy with the win but can’t wait to get back to practice

We finished the last 3 to 4 minutes of the last two games about as bad as you could possibly play. Unforced turnovers, missed free throws, bad defense and terrible shots
For a "veteran" team these guy are doing some really stupid crap especially late in the game and that appears to be a coaching thing .. again. And EC did not have one of his better games with his freshman turnovers at inopportune times. We really need him on the floor but he needs to grow up pretty quick.

Not sure where else to put this.

St John's went 10 deep today in a loss, and Wilcher never got off the bench.

Hallelujah! EC with a triple and then a laser pass to a breaking Ingram for the layup!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT