ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Miami game thread—Saturday 10 February 2024

Everyone playing hot potato and can’t wait to pass the ball to RJ to drive into nowhere. Does anyone apart from RJ have the balls to do anything?

Reactions: Heelicious
Would it be anti Carolina basketball if UNC got rid of the elevator screen after timeouts???

Bacot fouls out with 2 seconds left as Poplar goes to the line—he hits the first 75-72 and with one second left Ingram cannot corral the rebound but a mental turnover on Miami for getting into the lane too soon gives the ball back to UNC…

Carolina survives in Southern Florida 75-72. Lot of heroes but my vote goes to Bacot who only had two points at half but finishes with a double double and blocks Omeir’s game tying attempt late. Armando was tremendous defensively in the second half holding Omeir down after he had scored 16 in the first half

Too many turnovers by ec and gotta hit his fts late but otherwise a great game for him. Scoring in and out, lots of assists and steals. Did a good job running the show. Not his fault that people like wash and bacot can’t finish point blank unless is an unguarded dunk. And we couldn’t shoot late. Guys were tired

Anyone know when Trimble gets back? And our only / #1 option off the bench just can’t be wojic. Gives us zero or less on offense. Not big or fast or athletic enough to rebound and defend.

Reactions: thompsjj
Were my eyes deceiving me or did rj davis get the rebound under Mia hoop with like 9 seconds left - then he PASSED IT TO 50% FT Ingram? Why would you do that as a 95% shooter.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND and RP12
Maybe just me but milking the clock when your go-to guy is 5’10” might not be a good plan. I haven’t gotten to watch the game yet but career high in points, assists and steals for EC is encouraging even with too many TOs obviously.

UNC looked tired. Not a good sign at this time of the year. There is a reason why you use your bench early in the season !!

Reactions: Oak ridger
UNC looked tired. Not a good sign at this time of the year. There is a reason why you use your bench early in the season !!
the problem is our only bench contributor is injured. So RJ and Bacot had to play the entire 2nd half.

Washington and Withers are just useless at this point. All they do is hurt the team.

I will say it again Ingram’s free throws have been concerning me all year long. We are up 12 late in the game Pack is out and we have a chance to go up 14 points. He misses them both. Then here comes the run. For the game: He makes his first 2 free throws and then he misses 4 in a row and then hits his last. On Ingram’s last rebound RJ is right there screaming for the ball and Ingram doesn’t pass him the ball so he can get fouled and go to the line. For a veteran team we were absolutely atrocious in the last 4 minutes of this game.

I will say it again Ingram’s free throws have been concerning me all year long. We are up 12 late in the game Pack is out and we have a chance to go up 14 points. He misses them both. Then here comes the run. For the game: He makes his first 2 free throws and then he misses 4 in a row and then hits his last. On Ingram’s last rebound RJ is right there screaming for the ball and Ingram doesn’t pass him the ball so he can get fouled and go to the line. For a veteran team we were absolutely atrocious in the last 4 minutes of this game.
I have to look at that play again because I thought Ingram had gotten the rebound and didn’t pass the ball to RJ. Either way Ingram should have hit him right back

Were getting absolutely nothing from our bench for what feels like the 3rd year in a row. I know in the portal age you arent gonna have 5 stars on the bench like Marvin Williams or PJ Hairston anymore but our bench players outside of Trimble barely look like ACC caliber players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT