ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Syracuse Game Thread

I am not saying the defense is ready for the big stage but remember, just 2 years ago they couldn't stop East Wake High school. I like the direction on that side of the ball.

Reactions: Archer2
Getting out of the starting blocks on offense was an an issue last year too. Need to sort that out

So are the rules different this year regarding redshirts? Jones and Criswell got in for a minute, does that count toward 4 games?

Wonder if the woes on the O-line is due to Ezeudu being out for the game. Only can go up from here.
He may be our best OL.
Just read the article about the offensive line and at the end it stated it was a strength of this team. Hmmmm. Maybe so but has had its problems today.
First game of the year in a strange year where the QB couldn't work out frequently with the receivers to get the timing down. No fears, they will work it out. Also, the coaches were a bit worried about the OL's ability to execute their blocking assignments against the 3-3-5 at game speed. We need Ezeudu healthy, period.
Well... the 4th quarter has been rather nice.

tenor.gif
Touche.

He may be our best OL.
First game of the year in a strange year where the QB couldn't work out frequently with the receivers to get the timing down. No fears, they will work it out. Also, the coaches were a bit worried about the OL's ability to execute their blocking assignments against the 3-3-5 at game speed. We need Ezeudu healthy, period.

Touche.
What's wrong with Ezeudu?

Never mind

Another 3 and out. Hope no-one took the over on this one.
It surely didn’t look like we’d cover at that point. Good opener to get the jitters out.
Miami looked worse against UAB than we do against Cuse right now. We'll be fine, just need to knock the rust off and sort out the play calling on offense.

That being said, we're about one OL injury away from being in deep shit.
Yeah, we’re razor thin on the OL Until we get EZ and Murray back. We need Barnes to step up too. I’m going to keep saying that until he does because he’s so talented.

less than 200 yards for cuse.... D is doing a very nice job today
Overall I was very impressed with the defense yesterday. Some blown assignments and too many missed tackles, but the potential to be very good is there. Bateman has options at his disposal this year that he lacked last year. As Mack said, we have to force more TO’s defensively and take better care of the ball offensively.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I would love to force more turnovers as well. But, if they keep forcing 3 and outs, I’ll be happy.
Yep, it’s the next best thing.

Let me add this. Wasn’t it great to see a guy like Walston score the first TD of the season? I believe we’ll see a little more productive TE group this year, I know Lilly would love to get them more involved.

Let me add this. Wasn’t it great to see a guy like Walston score the first TD of the season? I believe we’ll see a little more productive TE group this year, I know Lilly would love to get them more involved.

Followed him at New Hanover back when Hanover and my New Bern Bears were conference foes. Good kid that comes from a very athletic family.

Was that the only catch by a TE?

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to play some of the younger guys a few more snaps, especially Barnes and Adorno on the OL. We're going to need those guys as the season progresses. Hopefully, we won't get off to such a slow start offensively and we'll see more PT for the second and third stringers. We need to get them as much gameday experience as possible in these first three "should win" games.

With everyone receiving a free year of eligibility, this is a good year for developing depth without RS game limitations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT