ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs UVA gamethread

Mack Brown needs to decide if he wants to make Carolina a playoff team or not. If so, then these guys have to go now. You can't wait around hoping that a 50 year old man is suddenly going to figure it out. We have a metric shit ton of talent coming in. These assistant coaches will waste it.

If you want to be a top level team then you need coordinators like Venables, Chad Morris, etc. Even Bateman should be told the rest of the season will be an audition. If you don't want to end up back at Army then get your f*cking shit together

The knock on Bateman, at least from what I've seen and heard, is basically a difference in philosophy on that side of the ball. Bring in DL and see where they fit as they develop because it's hard to tell sometimes. But it's still a LOS game. So, if you're going to roll out packages with two or three DL with hands in the dirt, or expect to get pressure with just the front four, at least one of them needs to be a big runstopper. This sliding a big end inside might've worked for him at Army, but I'm afraid it won't at this level. We're only a couple years in, and still lack quality depth, but Pinder is really the only guy they've taken that fits that mold. Need to be taking at least one every year. Miss on Payton Page...take a James Gillespie for size and depth. Right now, we're losing on the LOS on both sides of the ball. That's where everything starts breaking down. But we're young and inexperienced and need to turn the roster over.

The knock on Bateman, at least from what I've seen and heard, is basically a difference in philosophy on that side of the ball. Bring in DL and see where they fit as they develop because it's hard to tell sometimes. But it's still a LOS game. So, if you're going to roll out packages with two or three DL with hands in the dirt, or expect to get pressure with just the front four, at least one of them needs to be a big runstopper. This sliding a big end inside might've worked for him at Army, but I'm afraid it won't at this level. We're only a couple years in, and still lack quality depth, but Pinder is really the only guy they've taken that fits that mold. Need to be taking at least one every year. Miss on Payton Page...take a James Gillespie for size and depth. Right now, we're losing on the LOS on both sides of the ball. That's where everything starts breaking down. But we're young and inexperienced and need to turn the roster over.

Yeah we definitely need a couple of monsters that can disrupt the running game. Sadly a loss like yesterday will be a major setback on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Frustrating and embarrassing to lose to this UVA team. Undisciplined penalties, turnovers, and dumb play selection. I could go on but won't. We consistently play down to the level of our competition this century; that's what irks me the most.

We've definitely played down to the level of our competition at times this year. And as others have mentioned, the ST blunders are especially frustrating after costing us last season.

alright, this is when i exit the board because i’m so pissed...usually brings the dub home.

peace, homies

well, i was wrong.

does longo ever talk about sam in the pocket and his awareness?

i feel like we pressured more last year...where is that?

If there are better coordinators available after this season, then Mack needs to get them. We're not going to be a 10 win team with the two we have and Mack doesn't have time to wait around.

Hard to see mack let longo go when he was the guy he wanted to run his offense if he returned.

As for Sam I love him as much as the next Tar Heel fan but sometimes he just needs to take a sack or throw it away. All that scrambling and going backwards isn’t smart at all. Love that he’s trying to make a play but be smart. I know damn if you do and damn if you don’t.

Reactions: Archer2
Ok I figured it out. The problem With last night’s game was the players were up past their bedtime. In the pregame talk Mack said the players are usually in the bed by nine or 10 o’clock in order to practice early in the mornings during the week so there ya go. Lol

Last thing and I will let it rest. I really hate that mack has been able to keep two bad streaks alive. Not beating FSU and not winning at uva. Man I just hate to lose

So who does everyone want to replace him with? Kevin Wilson has been mentioned before by members of The Blitz.

As for Sam I love him as much as the next Tar Heel fan but sometimes he just needs to take a sack or throw it away. All that scrambling and going backwards isn’t smart at all. Love that he’s trying to make a play but be smart. I know damn if you do and damn if you don’t.
Yeah, that’s probably the biggest weakness in his game right now. Those negative yardage plays are drive killers.

So are stupid penalties, another area that needs fixing.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT