ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Guthridge

Originally posted by ltrogdon:
Just saw this today.
Prayers going up for Coach Gut and family. Loss of mental abilities is perhaps the cruelest loss of all. My family has experienced Alzheimer's 1st hand several times. I hope we are done with it for good, but time will tell.

I knew something was wrong when there wasn't much in comments and also today when he didn't speak on stage. Roy pointed him out and the crowd gave Coach Guthridge a standing ovation right after Roy's standing "O" and both were very touching.

"If you ask him, he can't remember what the score was," Leesie said. "And he might not remember who we played. But you know what he likes? He's so used to the noise.
[/B]
"The crowd and atmosphere of a ballgame. He's very comfortable when he hears the band, hears people cheering. He's always lived that."

^This needs to be shown to the "wine and cheese" folk RW has been trying to get motivated the last 4 years.[/B]

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/21/5529606/for-bill-guthridge-the-memories.html#.VOozA3zcmUk#storylink=cpy
" folk;;[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT