ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K to Retire!

Actually surprised he has hung on this long. Like Roy, he just looks tired the last couple of years. Figure Jim will be next the minute Buddy Buckets runs out of eligibility. Then Leonard. But Leonard has aged well and shows no signs that he is ready to get out.

Actually surprised he has hung on this long. Like Roy, he just looks tired the last couple of years. Figure Jim will be next the minute Buddy Buckets runs out of eligibility. Then Leonard. But Leonard has aged well and shows no signs that he is ready to get out.
I'm not surprised he waited this long and I'm not surprised he's retiring now. I always thought he would always wait until after Roy retired to make sure Roy never passed him for anything significant.

stevens in next GM for celtics......imo, boeheim has far bigger ego than K....its time to lv, ACC had its glory days as the best...best coaches/players..this version of CBB is ugly

Reactions: TheGLOV
He didn't coach very well from the bench as I recall from our games this past season, the man gave up, he had to go. Too bad Scheyer can't become Gaudet #2.

They should give him a basket of cheese at the Dome 😊
b11e6920e6e637eab7cae5ea6487ee6e.jpg

As if the officials weren't intimidated by The Rat enough already.... I wouldn't put it past these spineless, Rat-slurping chumps to give Rat's team every benefit of the doubt, every close (50/50 or 40/60) call, just to make sure they help him all they can, to go out on a high note, not an embarrassing fizzle out.

This is kind of bittersweet. Never thought it would happen. I'm not sure I could hate another dook coach as much as I hate K, but I'm sure someone will step up and take the reins from him, and continue to coach with no class, but it's hard to imagine who could do it as well as K.
Honestly, since they've gone the way of OAD I don't even hate the players like I used to. I don't even know who's on their team next year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The NC School for the Uncoordinated in the 2nd Round and then a series of forfeits until they face the Tar Heels in the Finals!

UNC will rain 3s on them until the final 3 minutes when the NCAA will declare it is opposite day and the one with the fewest points wins!

Reactions: TheGLOV and Steat
The NC School for the Uncoordinated in the 2nd Round and then a series of forfeits until they face the Tar Heels in the Finals!

UNC will rain 3s on them until the final 3 minutes when the NCAA will declare it is opposite day and the one with the fewest points wins!
Be nice TP, K-rat is the victim here.

FOR REAL!! you know ESPN is gonna cover every single game of his, with live look ins....
This is going to be the WORST. It's going to be worse than when Jeter retired and we had to suffer through every last hit at X stadium, and collective massages from opposing fan bases every time he played, and announcers fawning on him like he was the greatest to ever wear athletic clothing. I thought that was as bad as it got, but ESPN is going to have a year long love fest complete with documentaries, look ins (like you said), 'his record in' everytime Duke plays, and open rooting for Duke from the networks when they're in the tourney ("this is not how K should go out").

This is going to make NCAA mens bball this year borderline unwatchable.

This is going to be the WORST. It's going to be worse than when Jeter retired and we had to suffer through every last hit at X stadium, and collective massages from opposing fan bases every time he played, and announcers fawning on him like he was the greatest to ever wear athletic clothing. I thought that was as bad as it got, but ESPN is going to have a year long love fest complete with documentaries, look ins (like you said), 'his record in' everytime Duke plays, and open rooting for Duke from the networks when they're in the tourney ("this is not how K should go out").

This is going to make NCAA mens bball this year borderline unwatchable.
I have a suggestion for you:

Only watch 2 or maybe 3 Duke games.

And don’t watch ESPN. It’s the same fandom playbook as every other year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT