ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

This week's 2nd grade English lesson brought to you by...

As a teacher of 30+ years, the misuse of to & too, the misuse of their, there, & they're, & the simple use of allot when it should be a lot, drives me nuts. To say those 3 things are all too common on this board would be an understatement. Okay, rant over, I feel much better now, carry on!

Now back to Cole. There is some talk that the Anthony's are ready to make their decision Monday. A lot of us are glad this recruitment is coming to an end, I'm just glad they're finally ready to announce.

As a teacher of 30+ years, the misuse of to & too, the misuse of their, there, & they're, & the simple use of allot when it should be a lot, drives me nuts. To say those 3 things are all too common on this board would be an understatement. Okay, rant over, I feel much better now, carry on!
Yeah, that happens way two much on this board. Honestly though, I could care less.

Yeah, that happens way two much on this board. Honestly though, I could care less.

Irregardless, I’ll bee glad two when the Anthonys make they’re announcement.

Is their a reason or is it that there being to lazy too check?

Live look at @2DDIMOND after reading these posts.

tenor.gif

Has any other details leaked about his announcement? Time? Will it be televised or will it be a facebook/instagram short video type of thing?

Now back to Cole. There is some talk that the Anthony's are ready to make their decision Monday. A lot of us are glad this recruitment is coming to an end, I'm just glad they're finally ready to announce.

Since English is my second Language the comments you just made actually helped me , Too To and Two make little sense to Me when I was just wanting to communicate..

I love (not really) some of these replies that skew these threads, here are some of the most used, I transcribe them to say the way they seem to come off IMO...

1) "he called me a dukie, now I don't care, it doesn't bother me at all but I do feel the need to talk about it for the next few years"? Well if it doesn't bother you then why are ya still talking about it multiple years later? LOL

2) that jack arse called me a bad name! I didn't realize jack arse was a compliment? LOL

3) Trust in Roy because I don't really have anything I can argue against your point? It is like, I don't have a counter to what you offer nor do I really have anything to add so I am gonna use that patented "trust in Roy" reply as space filler util I can think of something else to say? Maybe not saying anything beats saying nothing? LOL

4) I HATE 5 star 1&D type of players, we MUST have Cole Anthony and Precious to go along with Bacot? Ya hate 5 stars but desperate to get them, WHAT? LOL

5) This one is more toward me than most folks, I am not gonna read all that sheat but I am darn sure gonna comment on what you wrote! Really, ya gonna comment on what I wrote but you didn't actually read what I wrote? That is a pretty amazing skill, can you touch a book and know what is written in it as well? Wish I could do that, I actually have to read what is written and then process it (try to understand the writers point) before I know enough about it to comment?

6) Platek would have been a better PG than Coby or 7th? Really? Do ya have any more of that smoke you would be willing to sell a brother? LOL

7) 1 of my personal favorites, it is ONLY the PG we have on the floor that gets players in the correct lanes on breaks, it is ONLY the PG that has us spread the floor? So, none of the other players on the floor have anything to do with any of that? makes it seem as if the other 4 guys on the floor are cave men, me play basketball, me run other end of floor now, me need PG to be brain, me go practice, me not know what for? LOL

8) Luke was Larry Bird, Leaky must be Magic Johnson, there was another 1, slips my mind at this moment but it was just as funny. Nah guys, don't hesitate at all to place hype on a kid that is impossible for the kid to live up to, lets make darn sure we expect to much! LOL

9) Before season is over, we are going to get every player Roy says hello to, we may even get 6 5 star players coming in. Directly after the season, we can't even beat the college of Charleston for a low rated player. End of the summer, we have some talent but not enough, maybe we can at least be middle of the pack in the ACC. Pre-season, we are ranked top 20 but we are over ranked. Near end of regular season, we should be a #! seed and we should be the favorite to win another natty. After the last game, see I told ya we would suck? LOL

10) I don't like what you wrote but I don't know what to counter it with so I am gonna pretend to be an english major and critique your sentence structure? Don't ya love it when they go all english teacher mode on ya while they use poor sentence structure themselves? LOL

11) MOMMY MOMMY, gary called me a bad name and he is a POS for calling me what he called me. No mommy, POS is not a bad name because he is a POS ? Seems like what is good for the goose is only good for the goose? LOL

There are more, these are some of my personal favorites

Last edited:
I love (not really) some of these replies that skew these threads, here are some of the most used, I transcribe them to say the way they seem to come off IMO...

1) "he called me a dukie, now I don't care, it doesn't bother me at all but I do feel the need to talk about it for the next few years"? Well if it doesn't bother you then why are ya still talking about it multiple years later? LOL

2) that jack arse called me a bad name! I didn't realize jack arse was a compliment? LOL

3) Trust in Roy because I don't really have anything I can argue against your point? It is like, I don't have a counter to what you offer nor do I really have anything to add so I am gonna use that patented "trust in Roy" reply as space filler util I can think of something else to say? Maybe not saying anything beats saying nothing? LOL

4) I HATE 5 star 1&D type of players, we MUST have Cole Anthony and Precious to go along with Bacot? Ya hate 5 stars but desperate to get them, WHAT? LOL

5) This one is more toward me than most folks, I am not gonna read all that sheat but I am darn sure gonna comment on what you wrote! Really, ya gonna comment on what I wrote but you didn't actually read what I wrote? That is a pretty amazing skill, can you touch a book and know what is written in it as well? Wish I could do that, I actually have to read what is written and then process it (try to understand the writers point) before I know enough about it to comment?

6) Platek would have been a better PG than Coby or 7th? Really? Do ya have any more of that smoke you would be willing to sell a brother? LOL

7) 1 of my personal favorites, it is ONLY the PG we have on the floor that gets players in the correct lanes on breaks, it is ONLY the PG that has us spread the floor? So, none of the other players on the floor have anything to do with any of that? makes it seem as if the other 4 guys on the floor are cave men, me play basketball, me run other end of floor now, me need PG to be brain, me go practice, me not know what for? LOL

8) Luke was Larry Bird, Leaky must be Magic Johnson, there was another 1, slips my mind at this moment but it was just as funny. Nah guys, don't hesitate at all to place hype on a kid that is impossible for the kid to live up to, lets make darn sure we expect to much! LOL

9) Before season is over, we are going to get every player Roy says hello to, we may even get 6 5 star players coming in. Directly after the season, we can't even beat the college of Charleston for a low rated player. End of the summer, we have some talent but not enough, maybe we can at least be middle of the pack in the ACC. Pre-season, we are ranked top 2 but we are over ranked. Near end of regular season, we should be a #! seed and we should be the favorite to win another natty. After the last game, see I told ya we would suck? LOL

10) I don't like what you wrote but I don't know what to counter it with so I am gonna pretend to be an english major and critique your sentence structure? Don't ya love it when they go all english teacher mode on ya while they use poor sentence structure themselves? LOL

11) MOMMY MOMMY, gary called me a bad name and he is a POS for calling me what he called me. No mommy, POS is not a bad name because he is a POS ? Seems like what is good for the goose is only good for the goose? LOL

...and a great list indeed. You do have more patience than I do to take the time and write down the quirks and burps... One thing concerning point number three. Roy Williams will always know more than I know about any given recruiting factor. I also heavily disagree with the folks who do not think Roy can still recruit when we very recently played in back to back National Championship games, winning the second time round. We came within a last second shot of winning two. UNC did not get in that position by not having good/great players. Otherwise, a very happy Easter to all...

9) Before season is over, we are going to get every player Roy says hello to, we may even get 6 5 star players coming in. Directly after the season, we can't even beat the college of Charleston for a low rated player. End of the summer, we have some talent but not enough, maybe we can at least be middle of the pack in the ACC. Pre-season, we are ranked top 20 but we are over ranked. Near end of regular season, we should be a #! seed and we should be the favorite to win another natty. After the last game, see I told ya we would suck? LOL

Dave, thank you for the lesson on how to be the perfect poster like yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT