ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

You're just wrong there.

Cole is the next great UNC PG if he comes here. His style, attitude, and will to win are everything our great PGs have had.
I should have been more clear. My mistake. He can certainly PLAY THE POSITION. I have no doubt about that. When I say style and system... I mean... he's a OAD show-off. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a OAD show-off. I don't believe UNC's system is ideal for OAD players, in general. And, I mean players who are absolutely ONLY going through the requirement of pretending to be a student for a few months. Players can definitely come-in and take-off quickly (like Coby White). But, I don't believe Roy's system is the ideal system for those who expect to get starting player minutes just because they show up and pick the Heels.

And, I'm certainly not "wrong" when I say he's not coming to UNC. I'm not wrong, yet. You even said "if he comes..." I dunno why it bothers you so much when I post that I feel sure he's going elsewhere. But, I hope that this time you don't add some of your own words to what I have written, should you decide to respond.

I count at least 7 that are dirty
Unfortunately, both parents are there and getting an extended tour of the university. Per article on TOS.

But don't worry, Cole really isn't that good. Here's some info on him from that article:

As a senior this season, Anthony averaged 19 points, 10.5 assists, 10.1 rebounds, and 34 per game at Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. He is the first player ever to average a triple-double for the powerhouse program.

Ahead of the Hoop Summit, Anthony was named to the 2019 Naismith High School Boy's All-American first-team, the MVP of the 20McDonald'sd's All-American Game, and the 2019 Gatorade State Player of the Year.​

I mean who would want a loser like that?
Greg anthony never showed up... he declined to go but said he heard it was a beautiful campus he posted that after tos posted their story yestersay

Are we worried about Jeremiah's recovery?

Obviously Harris isn't a replacement for Cole, but we need to think about 2020-21, when we won't have Cole or Seventh and (presumably) Leaky will be playing SF. Harris looks solid and will have a year in the system at that point. With any luck, so will Jeremiah.

In this clip, Harris reminds me some of Berry. I don't like that he shoots his treys by first bringing the ball down to gut level to begin his shot. That won't wash in college. The clip doesn't show a lot of treys, so I don't know if that's really an issue.

I should have been more clear. My mistake. He can certainly PLAY THE POSITION. I have no doubt about that. When I say style and system... I mean... he's a OAD show-off. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a OAD show-off. I don't believe UNC's system is ideal for OAD players, in general. And, I mean players who are absolutely ONLY going through the requirement of pretending to be a student for a few months. Players can definitely come-in and take-off quickly (like Coby White). But, I don't believe Roy's system is the ideal system for those who expect to get starting player minutes just because they show up and pick the Heels.

And, I'm certainly not "wrong" when I say he's not coming to UNC. I'm not wrong, yet. You even said "if he comes..." I dunno why it bothers you so much when I post that I feel sure he's going elsewhere. But, I hope that this time you don't add some of your own words to what I have written, should you decide to respond.
I don't know if UNC's system is actually good or not for OAD talent, but Roy sure does think it is, and has went hard for many clear OAD guys on a consistent basis. Cole is yet another that he feels is a clear fit. I for one hope he lands this one, as I think he is a tailor made top of the line fit.

I don't know if UNC's system is actually good or not for OAD talent, but Roy sure does think it is, and has went hard for many clear OAD guys on a consistent basis. Cole is yet another that he feels is a clear fit. I for one hope he lands this one, as I think he is a tailor made top of the line fit.
That's a given. He tries to recruit plenty of them, but they rarely come to Chapel Hill. I think he's able to craft good teams to work his system regardless of who actually becomes a Tar Heel. I'm not worried about next season, or any season, as far as the roster. The man, and his staff, seem to manage competitive teams despite all of the ups-and-downs.

If Anthony comes to UNC, that's great. I just don't expect him to.

Unfortunately, both parents are there and getting an extended tour of the university. Per article on TOS.

But don't worry, Cole really isn't that good. Here's some info on him from that article:

As a senior this season, Anthony averaged 19 points, 10.5 assists, 10.1 rebounds, and 34 per game at Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. He is the first player ever to average a triple-double for the powerhouse program.

Ahead of the Hoop Summit, Anthony was named to the 2019 Naismith High School Boy's All-American first-team, the MVP of the 20McDonald'sd's All-American Game, and the 2019 Gatorade State Player of the Year.​

I mean who would want a loser like that?
Me!

I know you were using sarcasm there, but he would be the perfect fit for us. How coachable he is I have no idea.

Me!

I know you were using sarcasm there, but he would be the perfect fit for us. How coachable he is I have no idea.

His former coaches RAVE about him. He's extremely coachable.

Strumm sticking him in the group of "OAD show-off" is simply wrong and an uneducated opinion. I've heard the exact opposite directly from people who have actually coached him. You guys choose which person knows more.

His former coaches RAVE about him. He's extremely coachable.

Strumm sticking him in the group of "OAD show-off" is simply wrong and an uneducated opinion. I've heard the exact opposite directly from people who have actually coached him. You guys choose which person knows more.

Any concern with Oregon?

I think the difference is that Roy sees OADs as the final piece to a team built on players who stick around. Get a group of players like Marcus' class, add a true OAD or 2, and compete for a championship.

As opposed to building a team around multiple OADs.

Just my impression after watching all these years.

Roy has always gone after high-ranked players. But the ones he gets are usually the ones who aren't NBA ready. NBA bound, but need to develop for a few years. Maybe not even ready to start.

One of the reasons we haven't done as well with top talent lately is that nearly all of those guys think they are going to be ready for the draft as frosh. The don't want a school where they will be developed over a couple of years, because they don't think they have that much to learn.

What baffles me is that I look at guys like PJ Washington, Nick Richards, EJ Montgomery and more. If those guys came to UNC and weren't first-round draftable as frosh, Roy would be blamed for holding them back. Why do other coaches avoid those charges?

Lol, I have premium, just new to this site, and don’t know how to use it

Welcome to this site. Let me explain how it works...

You make an honest observation, state your opinion, or share a thought, and throw it out to the board. Half the board ridicules you and accuses you of being a Dook troll and half the board sticks up for you (because they share your view). The thread eventually dissolves into a nit-picky fight between 2 "super fans" who get so far off topic that your original thread topic is no longer relevant. Meanwhile, Ole Roy continues to be the hardest working coach in the NCAA and unexplainably produces winning basketball teams while fans cry that the sky is falling because he can't recruit worth a lick.

That about right fellas?

LOL - that was kinda fun typing

You make an honest observation, state your opinion, or share a thought, and throw it out to the board. Half the board ridicules you and accuses you of being a Dook troll and half the board sticks up for you (because they share your view). The thread eventually dissolves into a nit-picky fight between 2 "super fans" who get so far off topic that your original thread topic is no longer relevant. Meanwhile, Ole Roy continues to be the hardest working coach in the NCAA and unexplainably produces winning basketball teams while fans cry that the sky is falling because he can't recruit worth a lick.

That about right fellas?

You are very close!!! :cool::D

That about right fellas?

Spot on. I was on premium for years but couldn’t take the pettiness. Now at least it’s free and i can walk away for a while if needed.

So how are we feeling, given this is relatively close to his trip to Oregon’s campus?
Good question. I want to believe he used it as a final visit to compare to Carolina and make sure Carolina was right for him. I think I’ll go with that to avoid getting any more frustrated with recruiting.

Reactions: Chicagoheelfan
On second thought, the pessimist in me says that Cole announcing his decision date on the same day Roy offers Harris is a very bad sign. Makes me wonder if Cole let Roy know.

No one knows Cole hasn't said anything not even to coaches at least that's what I'm told. But also told our staff feels good about our chances

Oregon 24/7 mod thinks he's UNC bound:

"Because he's not coming to Oregon. Would be a total shock. This is me hearing from my sources and talking to everyone. Like I said on Sunday, how can you say right now UNC is an NIT team? Since 1975 they've made the tournament every year but three years. Having to reload their roster isn't something that's new to them. They are in on the top grad transfers, and just like you believe grad-transfers can have instant success here at Oregon, that same success can and will happen at UNC. Three of ESPN's Top 10 grad-transfers are going to visit UNC and are heavily considering them. They add one of those three, Cole Anthony, and add them with five-star center Armondo Bacot and they are back to being a Top 15ish team right there. To be a Top 15 team you need just two really good players and Anthony and Bacot would do that. Add in a grad transfer and a few solid role players still on the roster and they can win a lot of games.

I know you really want Cole Anthony to come to Oregon but I wouldn't expect it."

https://247sports.com/college/orego...ng-Cole-Anthony-Dana-Altman-131269853/?Page=2

Reactions: gary-7
Oregon 24/7 mod thinks he's UNC bound:

"Because he's not coming to Oregon. Would be a total shock. This is me hearing from my sources and talking to everyone. Like I said on Sunday, how can you say right now UNC is an NIT team? Since 1975 they've made the tournament every year but three years. Having to reload their roster isn't something that's new to them. They are in on the top grad transfers, and just like you believe grad-transfers can have instant success here at Oregon, that same success can and will happen at UNC. Three of ESPN's Top 10 grad-transfers are going to visit UNC and are heavily considering them. They add one of those three, Cole Anthony, and add them with five-star center Armondo Bacot and they are back to being a Top 15ish team right there. To be a Top 15 team you need just two really good players and Anthony and Bacot would do that. Add in a grad transfer and a few solid role players still on the roster and they can win a lot of games.

I know you really want Cole Anthony to come to Oregon but I wouldn't expect it."

https://247sports.com/college/orego...ng-Cole-Anthony-Dana-Altman-131269853/?Page=2
Heck fire, he's got more faith than I do.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Everyone thinks Anthony will be selecting UNC. The UNC, the Rivals, and the 247 experts all believe he'll be picking UNC. Even the Oregon 247 expert said Cole is going to UNC. The only people doubting Cole to UNC are UNC message board users. I get UNC fans have beaten dog syndrome after missing on so many recruits but it'd be a huge shock if Cole doesn't end up a Tar Heel.

Also to clarify the remarks from the person citing Harris visiting as a bad sign. Harris isn't really a PG. He's more the Tre Mann/Boggie Ellis replacement UNC has been looking for and would be a perfect addition to the class since he'll be in college 3-4 years. And Cole didn't visit Oregon last weekend. Only his mom did.

If we get Cole, I expected either a top tier grad transfer or some other recruits to follow suit.

Cole, Armando and Brooks is a solid core to build around. Brandon showed a lot of good things at the end of the season. If we can close on a top grad transfer and Robinson continues to progress, this will not be a bad team at all. Leaky prior to his injury was doing a bit of everything. He is our X factor IMO.

Cole, Armando and Brooks is a solid core to build around.

.......Leaky prior to his injury was doing a bit of everything. He is our X factor IMO.

I believe Leaky is an X + factor.... the glimpses he showed before the injury were enough to say he’s gunna be good

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT