ADVERTISEMENT

Does anything about this story make sense?

uncfootball-

Hall of Famer
Aug 2, 2019
How can the dude return in the van but not have to explain what happened to the girl?

How can the dude return in the van but not have to explain what happened to the girl?

I would try to find out who's been doing the Laundrie.

This thing is getting weirder and weirder. Supposedly a newlywed couple in a campground where the missing girl and her fiancee stayed were shot to death around the time they were there. Utah, I believe. Then there's also the domestic dispute that Utah police were called to involving the missing girl and her fiancee. And the fact this dude came home and sat around for a week before the mother even filed a missing persons report is bizarre and makes him look really bad. But yet, investigators haven't brought him in for questioning and really aren't saying why.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Classic example of how to behave if you’re suspected of a crime. you say absolutely nothing, refuse to do anything, and lawyer up. Give no information to anybody. the police can’t do anything at this point without any evidence. he’s suffering in the court of public opinion but unless they come up with some evidence there ain’t jack shit anybody can do to him.

Who knows what they'll dig up. They've got the van and they'll track all the electronic data including cell phone triangulations, etc. Once they know where they actually were and when, they could dig up other things like video, etc. This one will be an interesting one to follow.

Classic example of how to behave if you’re suspected of a crime. you say absolutely nothing, refuse to do anything, and lawyer up. Give no information to anybody. the police can’t do anything at this point without any evidence. he’s suffering in the court of public opinion but unless they come up with some evidence there ain’t jack shit anybody can do to him.

The evidence is that he was with her when she was last seen. How is that not evidence? I just want to know, did she just get out of the van and walk off? We don't even know that because he won't tell anyone anything.

The evidence is that he was with her when she was last seen. How is that not evidence? I just want to know, did she just get out of the van and walk off? We don't even know that because he won't tell anyone anything.
Yea and it makes him
Look guilty af. If I were her family I would be outraged. But by itself it’s still not justification for a search warrant of his phone or anything similar. He’s gotten some excellent legal advice it seems.

Yea and it makes him look guilty af. If I were her fam I would be outraged. But evidently the police don’t think they have enough for a warrant to search his car or phone.

This thing is getting weirder and weirder. Supposedly a newlywed couple in a campground where the missing girl and her fiancee stayed were shot to death around the time they were there. Utah, I believe. Then there's also the domestic dispute that Utah police were called to involving the missing girl and her fiancee. And the fact this dude came home and sat around for a week before the mother even filed a missing persons report is bizarre and makes him look really bad. But yet, investigators haven't brought him in for questioning and really aren't saying why.
didn't it say that he was refusing to cooperate with the police? I know I read that somewhere. Maybe it's just my sleuth mentality, but that seems just a little suspicious to me.
🤔

Well I asked if anything about this story makes sense.. seems that is a big fat NO. Based on what I read it was her van. So they leave together on her van.. he returns to Florida without her and that seems ok? No one would question that?

Reactions: Archer2

The married couple were lezbos that claimed they had some creepy guy checking them out. Unless the creepy guy was the boyfriend of Gabby I dont see how they are connected.

They’ve found her body and the bf is in the wind. He’ll show up dead by suicide is my guess. They used some of the same apps and go to some of the same places my son and his gf went to on their cross country excursions. There’s a whole sub culture out there of people living like this.

• Wow
Reactions: Heelicious
They’ve found her body and the bf is in the wind. He’ll show up dead by suicide is my guess. They used some of the same apps and go to some of the same places my son and his gf went to on their cross country excursions. There’s a whole sub culture out there of people living like this.

It is an unfortunate situation and I agree that the dude will end up being found no longer breathing. What do you mean people living like this?

I don't get it. I've never gotten it. I remember when I graduated, this was a big thing. A bunch of rich kids were traveling out west to "find themselves" (*eye roll gif*). I think it really meant they just didn't want to work or go to school and would prefer to have zero responsibilities and do a bunch of drugs. But to their credit, none of them ever killed one another.

A very small part of me thinks this was accidental and he's scared shitless about how it looks from the outside. She had mental health issues, long trip like that maybe she ran out of meds and went crazy like that girl from the Netflix show on the Cecil Hotel.

99% of me thinks he killed her...but I think there's at least the possibility that she killed herself or tried to kill him and he then freaked the hell out knowing this will be pinned on him.

A very small part of me thinks this was accidental and he's scared shitless about how it looks from the outside. She had mental health issues, long trip like that maybe she ran out of meds and went crazy like that girl from the Netflix show on the Cecil Hotel.

99% of me thinks he killed her...but I think there's at least the possibility that she killed herself or tried to kill him and he then freaked the hell out knowing this will be pinned on him.

I agree this could be a possibility. The Utah police reported that when they had to intervene in a "domestic" dispute in August, he was rational and trying to de-escalate the situation and she was the one becoming violent and out of control.

But I don't get why he would have come back to Florida in the dark of the night, camped out for a few days and then take off again. He has to know that makes him look really bad. If it were an accident or suicide, the evidence should prove him to be without fault.

But this has never made sense. From him coming back like he did, to Instagram taking her account down mistakenly on the day she was last seen, to the police not questioning the boyfriend immediately once it was known he was back in Florida,...all seem peculiar.

I am not an investigator by any stretch. I watched the entire police encounter when they were stopped a few weeks ago and Brian did NOT give me that murder someone vibe. Now that was just about an hour video but just my thoughts on that clip.

Reactions: dadika13
I am not an investigator by any stretch. I watched the entire police encounter when they were stopped a few weeks ago and Brian did NOT give me that murder someone vibe. Now that was just about an hour video but just my thoughts on that clip.
Right? I just didn't see it.

But everything @gunslingerdick said in his reply is all 100% accurate so that's why I still would be very surprised if it turns out he didn't kill her.

Plus, if you would have told me OJ would be going from the set of Naked Gun 33 1/3 directly to killing his wife I would have said you're insane so it's not always those that give off the murder vibe.

Given his actions after she died, I'm not sure why anyone would think he's completely innocent. Generally when there's an accident where someone is hurt, the other person tries to get help. Doing what he did seems to indicate that he knows he did something he shouldn't have done. I guess there's always a chance he didn't do it, but I just don't see it.

Also, people who murder people don't generally give out a "I'll kill you vibe," unless they are a gang member. Every time you read an article about a murderer, you always hear everyone say "I never would have thought he would do this. He was always nice to me."

Given his actions after she died, I'm not sure why anyone would think he's completely innocent. Generally when there's an accident where someone is hurt, the other person tries to get help. Doing what he did seems to indicate that he knows he did something he shouldn't have done. I guess there's always a chance he didn't do it, but I just don't see it.

Also, people who murder people don't generally give out a "I'll kill you vibe," unless they are a gang member. Every time you read an article about a murderer, you always hear everyone say "I never would have thought he would do this. He was always nice to me."

Not saying he is completely innocent. Just a strange situation for sure. I guess watching that clip Brian seemed to put up with a lot of Gabby's crap to stay with her.. he almost gave me that feeling he was a little bit slow. Of course he could have been putting on an act for the police and I could be a 1000 miles off. Just my thoughts when watching the video with an open mind.

Not saying he is completely innocent. Just a strange situation for sure. I guess watching that clip Brian seemed to put up with a lot of Gabby's crap to stay with her.. he almost gave me that feeling he was a little bit slow. Of course he could have been putting on an act for the police and I could be a 1000 miles off. Just my thoughts when watching the video with an open mind.
Ever seen Primal Fear with Ed Norton? Great movie. Reminded me of that when you said he could be putting on an act like he's slow.

Ever seen Primal Fear with Ed Norton? Great movie. Reminded me of that when you said he could be putting on an act like he's slow.

I did see that movie. I thought it was great as well. I hope they find him (Brian that is) alive because I would like to hear his side of what happened.

Reactions: dadika13
As bad as it appears and I think this guy’s guilty of something bad….there’s still no evidence of a crime. I’d be interested in knowing this family’s legal connections cause they’ve made all the right moves in this case. We’ll see what the search of their home reveals.

Apparently I, along with the quoted Utah police, were wrong about who was the aggressor in the domestic dispute that Utah police answered between the two earlier in August. They have released the 911 call when the domestic situation happened. This is very bad for boyfriend.

Apparently I, along with the quoted Utah police, were wrong about who was the aggressor in the domestic dispute that Utah police answered between the two earlier in August. They have released the 911 call when the domestic situation happened. This is very bad for boyfriend.

I think both are guilty of hitting the other based on stories i read and that video clip from the police.

My money would 100% be on him being at fault.

But even in the case of an accident, panic makes people do stupid shit. And even if he settled down after bolting from the scene, the damage was done as soon as he ran. It’s not like he could’ve doubled back and said “she had an accident and I just panicked.” As soon as he left the scene he was always going to look guilty.

Autopsy details should give a good idea of what happened. I’m guessing there will be evidence of blunt force trauma to the head, or multiple stab wounds. Those seem to be the go to methods for people who snap and kill someone. Unless he had a gun.

It’s a shitty situation all the way around. Hopefully the investigators can figure out what really happened.

Agree that it's hard to think anything other than evil about the bf at this point because we know so little. The only possible explanation I can come up with other than the obvious is that there was something else nefarious going on involving the two of them and speaking of same would also be damning for the bf. Of course, if he turns up like she did . . . . .

From the link...

"He had this composure as a sweet, nice, caring guy. But you could tell he’s a little off, a little weird."

From the link...

"He had this composure as a sweet, nice, caring guy. But you could tell he’s a little off, a little weird."
Yeah I no longer think there’s much of a chance this guy didn’t kill her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT