ADVERTISEMENT

Dook to broadcast muslim call to prayer

Originally posted by GACMAN:
simply another reason not to like dook!
ha! I was thinking it was just another reason not to like Muslims...for those who don't like them that is. That isn't me BTW, because I understand that a few bad apples in the ointment doesn't make jack handy

Yes, if your a Christian your not allowed to pray on campus but these can bring satanic verses over the intercom. France is coming here folks.

Originally posted by bluetoe:
ha! I was thinking it was just another reason not to like Muslims...for those who don't like them that is. That isn't me BTW, because I understand that a few bad apples in the ointment doesn't make jack handy
Seriously? A few bad apples? Ever wonder why you hardly ever see Muslims coming out to condemn actions taken by terrorists?
rolleye0018.r191677.gif

Originally posted by dgheel57:
Ever wonder why you hardly ever see Muslims coming out to condemn actions taken by terrorists?
rolleye0018.r191677.gif
You'll love this guy:

The Muslim mayor of the city of Rotterdam in the Netherlands shocked audiences by going on live television to curse off Islamists who can't tolerate the publication of offensive cartoons. Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb said that Muslims who refuse to integrate and accept free speech should leave the country.
"We want to keep all these people together in what I call the "We Society." And if you don't like it here because you don't like the humorists who make a little newspaper-if I may dare say so-just f-k off," he said.
He continued to say, "This is stupid, this is so incomprehensible. Vanish from the Netherlands if you cannot find your place here. All those well-meaning Muslims here will now be stared at."

Originally posted by dgheel57:

Originally posted by bluetoe:
Seriously? A few bad apples? Ever wonder why you hardly ever see Muslims coming out to condemn actions taken by terrorists?
rolleye0018.r191677.gif
I give up, but I'm thinking it has something to do with bad apples. What I wonder is why you can never make obvious sarcasm obvious enough on a message board. Did you get the part where I was suggesting that Muslims having some association with dook was giving them a bad name? Good stuff there, although maybe a little timeworn. Hate you missed it the first time.

It seems kind of inappropriate for a private, Methodist university.

Originally posted by coryfly:
It is a private Christian school. It isn't really a competition.

The problem to me is that a private school can admit anyone they choose, correct? If so, why not just admit Christians? If that is what you are going for, then be all in. If I were to guess, I would say it is all about money.
I think you'd be right.

I meant religions, or religious people, are in a competition. People who saw this as some kind of affront, from afar.

Strum- how many mooslims are there in the world? And how many of those are radicalized?

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
Strum- how many mooslims are there in the world? And how many of those are radicalized?
Don't hold your breath for a real answer. Apologists never like to trade in actual facts. It's all anecdotal and feel good platitudes with little to no basis in reality.
"I have a nice Muslim neighbor, so that's how I know it's a peaceful religion."

Just like the jihadi they arrested for plotting to blow up the capitol and shoot a bunch of infidels- his mommy and daddy have already assured us that he is just so peace loving- he would never hurt anyone.

Originally posted by DeanFor President:
Don't hold your breath for a real answer. Apologists never like to trade in actual facts. It's all anecdotal and feel good platitudes with little to no basis in reality.
So true.

Originally posted by DeanFor President:

Just like the jihadi they arrested for plotting to blow up the capitol and shoot a bunch of infidels- his mommy and daddy have already assured us that he is just so peace loving- he would never hurt anyone.

I give up... how many are there?

You know, I think you guys have made an impression on me. Let's combat this on a gradual, but concise, scale. Since they are obviously ALL dangerous and pose a potential threat to our very lives, we need to swiftly remove the problem. First, let's make sure and get them to all identify themselves to the government. Not doing so would be a crime punishable by death by beheading. Then we can make them wear the Crescent Moon & Star emblem on their clothes, so we can spot them in public and that will diminish their social standing and acceptance. We can remove their social and constitutional rights (since they are enemy combatants, obviously, and don't deserve rights). We could then take away all of their property, since they are basically enemies of the state and should not be allowed to own property. Then, once we have them subjugated, we can relocate them all to camps or ghettos, and keep them all together. Then, after we can no longer sustain them by that method, and they die-off due to lack of food and disease, we could set-up extermination facilities and just kill them all slowly but surely and then the problem is gone. After all, they are all potentially violent and just waiting for the opportunity to take over. Then we'll carry this policy out in every new country they pose a threat (which is every country, duh), and sooner or later they'll all be dead and we can see which of the existing religious group poses the most threat to the rest of us and proceed accordingly. The only problem is, what color should the armbands be that identify them in public?

Let's say you have a party. And at your party, you have a big punch bowl. Everyone at your party came wearing a hat. Some are wearing blue hats, some are wearing red hats and some are wearing green hats. Throughout the night, you see the people wearing red hats spitting in the punch bowl. Not all the red hat wearers are spitting in the punch bowl. But a good number of them are doing so. You keep having to go wash out the bowl and get more punch. No blue hat weares or green hat wearers are spitting in the punch.

So, the next weekend you have another party and again, everyone shows up wearing hats. And just like last time, the red hat wearers are the only ones spitting in the punch bowl. Again, it's not all of them, but it's a good number of them.

At what point do you stop inviting the red hat wearers to your parties? Or do you just continue to invite them and continue to accomodate them by letting them spit in the punch and you always just washing out the bowl and putting out more punch?

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Let's say you have a party. And at your party, you have a big punch bowl. Everyone at your party came wearing a hat. Some are wearing blue hats, some are wearing red hats and some are wearing green hats. Throughout the night, you see the people wearing red hats spitting in the punch bowl. Not all the red hat wearers are spitting in the punch bowl. But a good number of them are doing so. You keep having to go wash out the bowl and get more punch. No blue hat weares or green hat wearers are spitting in the punch.

So, the next weekend you have another party and again, everyone shows up wearing hats. And just like last time, the red hat wearers are the only ones spitting in the punch bowl. Again, it's not all of them, but it's a good number of them.

At what point do you stop inviting the red hat wearers to your parties? Or do you just continue to invite them and continue to accomodate them by letting them spit in the punch and you always just washing out the bowl and putting out more punch?
You tell everyone that objects to their punch being spit in that they are simply intolerant and "spit-o-phobic." You say that punch spitters are really a peaceful group, and not liking spit in your punch is demeaning to the red hat people, some of whom are the ones that have been seen doing the spitting, and the others who aren't spitting, but silently approve and enjoy watching the punch be spit in. You see, their red hat handbook TELLS THEM EXPLICITLY to spit in the punch, but not all of them do it. The ones that aren't spitting are not obeying the handbook, because they like to get along with others, and that handbook has some crazy stuff in it, like kill all the green hat people if they refuse to wear the red hat, but they still are being disobedient. If one of them tries to take off the red hat, and put on a green one, the red hat spitters will all gang up and kill him. And if one of the red hat group turns out to be gay, the spitters will all gang up and throw him off a building. If one of them steals a cookie, the spitters will all gang up and cut off his hand. If one of them has a female child, they will insist that it's clitoris be mutilated. And when it's time to go home, the women will not be allowed to go home alone, or to drive. And if the men want to stop off along the way home and get a hooker and keep her as a sex slave, or kidnap and sell off some of the green hat women as sex slaves, well that's just dandy too- it says it's ok in the red hat handbook. .
But they sure are a peaceful group of nice folks.

Okay, then stop inviting Muslims to come to your party? It's a dumb analogy because the solution is not that simple, nor does it translate to the situation you guys insist is threatening us. And, if it is a good analogy, then where is the solution in your scenario? Stop inviting them to parties doesn't apply in a literal sense.

Are you okay with my solution above? That's definitely taking care of the problem you guys are insisting we have. All of these people are either a serious threat, a potential threat, or advocates of those who carry out the threats, in your mind (and most everyone else here except me). So, don't just pussy-foot around your fear and hatred of them. Do-it-up right! Cleanse the world of them. That's what most of you claim is THEIR objective. So, you'd better get to killing them before they kill you. Or, If you want to just chastise me and call me out as an apologist or whatever, and feel like you've done all you need to do to thwart the evil they are bringing, then fine. Denigrate me all you like. None of you have any intention of truly getting to know any of them. You're content that "The News" has made you as educated and aware as you need to be. So, denigrate people like me who are not sold on it and that can be your victory. Or, start putting the plans in motion to exterminate them all. Or, LEAVE THEM THE F*CK ALONE IN THEIR NATIVE COUNTRIES! Then they will avoid your "parties" altogether. That's why you never hear of them bothering us on this continent before 1948. Believe me, a great many of them have no desire to participate in a society like ours at all. They don't want invitations to the party.

And, again, you people are exaggerating numbers like most people who are reacting in fear always do. I remember reading stories where white people believed that all black men could not control themselves around white women and would be compelled to rape them. Why? Because one or two actually did! I hope we've moved beyond that myth.

1.7 billion Mooslims
300 million are radicalized (more than 15%)

This is an issue that must be addressed by Mooslims or else it's going to be a war that all Mooslims lose, not just the 18% or so that are radicals. Its everywhere and it happens all too frequently- just look at Nigeria, which is the current worst example.

If your point is that bad people are using Islam as a reason to be evil, then I agree. However if the rest of the Islamic world doesn't take a stand against their radical minority, then they are going to be assumed to be guilty by association. How do we have any choice when giving them the benefit of the doubt has the downside of mass murder?

But have you seen any coverage of the Muslim mayor of Rotterdam? He denounced the Islamists in the strongest terms possible and I've seen no coverage of it (though I pay very little attention to any broadcast news channels). Those people...and there are many of them...need coverage. More Muslims DO need to speak out just like he did.

1.7 billion Mooslims
300 million are radicalized (more than 15%)

This is an issue that must be addressed by Mooslims or else it's going to be a war that all Mooslims lose, not just the 18% or so that are radicals. Its everywhere and it happens all too frequently- just look at Nigeria, which is the current worst example.

If your point is that bad people are using Islam as a reason to be evil, then I agree. However if the rest of the Islamic world doesn't take a stand against their radical minority, then they are going to be assumed to be guilty by association. How do we have any choice when giving them the benefit of the doubt has the downside of mass murder?
You mean Ben Shapiro's opinion of how many are radicalized? That's sort of like hearing a Tar Heel fan's opinion of how all NC State fans are rednecks.

I guess it depends on who's "survey" or "study" you trust as being accurate and/or honest.

Talk to some Muslims and tell them the deck is stacked against them. Don't tell me. I'm not Muslim. I'm not even defending Islam here. I'm simply not going to personally condemn people I don't know based on what a few, who claim to be of the same religion, are apparently predisposed to do. And, you might want to pay attention to more of the Islamic people who DO condemn these heinous acts and encourage more.

Here's a source you might get some insight.

Most people have their minds made up and nothing will change it.

I concede that the vast majority of muslims are not terrorists or sympathizerd. BUT i am concerned that the percentage that are terrorists or sympathize with their cause is going up. I have no stats to back that up but i think its a reasonable assumption. And if so, given that such things tend to expand exponentially how long donwe have before the number is significant enough to outweigh the opinions of the peaceful ones?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
I concede that the vast majority of muslims are not terrorists or sympathizerd. BUT i am concerned that the percentage that are terrorists or sympathize with their cause is going up. I have no stats to back that up but i think its a reasonable assumption. And if so, given that such things tend to expand exponentially how long donwe have before the number is significant enough to outweigh the opinions of the peaceful ones?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
That's legit. How often were these attacks happening in the 50s? How about the 70s or 80s? How many are happening today?

In addition to the increasing numbers of attacks, there is a growing number of those like Strum that are sympathetic to the supposed persecution of muslims. Those people weaken our overall efforts by attempting to "rationalize" the numbers by saying, "look how many non-violent muslims there are" and other futile attempts to paint Islam in the same light as Christianity and other religions.

2% is too many for me to feel comfortable with them at my party. If the non-violent muslims want me to think differently and want to gain the acceptance of most of us, then my suggestion is for them to become violent muslims but only against their radical brethren. In other words, join us in fighting it. For instance, a muslim leader could say something like, "I appreciate duke university's attempts in creating a religious pluralism within the school. However, until the radical faction of our religion is exterminated worldwide or at least weakened to the point where there are no more attacks against the civilized world, I feel that this could ultimately have an adverse effect of what it is trying to accomplish. Therefore, I am against the proposal to use the Methodist chapel on duke's campus for Islamic worship."

I wish everything in the world was all rainbows and ice cream. But it isn't. The radical muslim movement has gained strong footing and their tyranny will drowned out the non-violent muslims. There is no going back at this point. This is the way of the new world and it has gotten to this point because people like Strum and those who have been too scared to offend someone have enabled and even endorsed this. So, we must adapt our thinking. And that thinking needs to be that you're either with us or against us. Us being the western world that supports freedom.

Strum with the ol' attack the messenger routine. The only problem is that I have no idea who Ben Shapiro is. I heard my info on public radio, so I will leave Shaprio for you to use to make your strawman.

Here's a chart from a survey done by the Pew Research Center. The only thing you need to look at is the far right column. Or actually, you can look at the never column too. I wonder how many people of any other mainstream religion ever think that suicide bombing should be used for any reason? My guess is none.

EXTREM16.png

This post was edited on 1/16 2:13 PM by UNC71-00

Strum with the ol' attack the messenger routine. The only problem is that I have no idea who Ben Shapiro is. I heard my info on public radio, so I will leave Shaprio for you to use to make your strawman.

Here's a chart from a survey done by the Pew Research Center. The only thing you need to look at is the far right column. Or actually, you can look at the never column too. I wonder how many people of any other mainstream religion ever think that suicide bombing should be used for any reason? My guess is none.

ec

Until everybody has 99% in the never column, I will continue to view it the way I view it.

ec

Until everybody has 99% in the never column, I will continue to view it the way I view it.
Right?!? And yet not even one mooslim country makes it to 90%. How do you account for that Strum?

ec

The Pew Study was in the Shapiro link I offered before. I'm not attacking the messenger. I don't trust a Jewish Zionist when it comes to critiquing their arch nemesis. Sorry. That's why I offered eh Tar heel/Wolfpack comparison.

I openly admit that they have some very loose cannons that are extreme and capable of really heinous actions. There are some very unhinged nuts that also claim to be Muslim. Just like the Aryan Nation claims to be Christian. The vast majority of Muslims are not like these dangerous few.

I offered the Nazi-style solution above. You don't leave any to chance. That's exactly how they saw the Jews. And, NO, the Jews were not carrying out terror attacks. To them, the Jews were taking over the world in a more subtle, complete, way. Regardless, they took their fear of Jews to an extreme and tried to annihilate them all. If you pursue this course, that is where you will ultimately arrive. Which Muslims are okay and which ones aren't? Some of you are either on the cusp or beyond it by holding them all accountable for the few's actions. I would suggest leaving their homelands and leaving them all alone. Or, keep on occupying their lands militarily and keep getting the blowback from it. That's been the m.o. for about 60+ years now.

ec

Right?!? And yet not even one mooslim country makes it to 90%. How do you account for that Strum?
If we would just leave them alone I'm sure they'd stop beheading people that aren't doing anything to them except not being muslims. Seriously, Strum said so and he has it on good authority.

Strum,

Please share your thoughts about the survey from Pew Research and explain the difference in their findings and your beliefs.

Strum,

Please share your thoughts about the survey from Pew Research and explain the difference in their findings and your beliefs.
I've said, many times, that there is no doubt that some of these people are powder kegs. If I know of a dangerous neighborhood near my home, I tend to stay out of it. Don't you? A lot of Muslims seem to have hair-triggers nowadays. I'm not denying that at all. Their revenge is based, I believe, on decades of interference (as they see it) by Western governments. And, that Mack-Daddy/Amalgam is the USA. They take sh*t personal, and their revenge factor is high. But, trying to better understand the peaceful ones (which I believe was the intent of the call to prayer) doesn't seem like a crazy idea.

What is the solution? Ethnic cleansing? Kill all the Muslims before they kill you? Genocide them first? I just don't subscribe to murdering or killing people that have done nothing to me. I realize that's more than most people can handle. I don't condone what the terrorists are doing at all either. But, to hold others who are innocent of these attacks and acts of violence, but happen to claim the same religion, as being responsible or accountable by association is just more wrong. If the Aryan Nation goes out and starts lynching people, should everyone of their victims' families be wary of all other Baptists?

I realize full well that there is evil in the world. I do my best to NOT be evil myself and avoid as much evil as I possibly can. I put more emphasis on the former, however.

Have any of you ever actually heard the call to prayer ? Not on TV or in a movie, but in person. It is pretty nice sounding when done by someone with a nice voice. I don't see much difference between the Adhan and the ringing of church bells to remind people that it's church time.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that it happened so late early in the morning, and the mosque that was blaring it was right across the street from my hotel room.

In Saudi, every building that I was in (except for the hotel) had an intercom that played it during the workday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT