ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Roundtable: Who will break out

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
in 2022?

It opens with David Hale picking BC QB Phil Jurkovec. Interesting to that is that ND's #2 TE George Takacs (a 6-6 250 pound tough blocker who also can catch the ball) is headed to BC as a Grad transfer, as is former ND TE coach John McNulty, who is the new BC OC.

Is BC on the cusp of taking a big step up in the Atlantic, ala Pitt in 2021? If Wake doesn't falter much and Clemson steps back up, and BC also improves, there won't be any wiggle room for Moo

Chris Low thinks that Canes QB Tyler Van Dyke is going to shine under Cristobal.

BC has a new OC because Pitt hired Frank Cignetti Jr. Mark Schlabach thinks that former SC starting QB Kedon Slovis could have a break out year for Pitt.

Paolo Uggetti suggests that Cade Klubnik could be this year's Caleb Williams: a true frosh QB who beats out a starter who was equally coveted on the recruiting trail.

David Hale expects Trenton Simpson to blow up this year into a National star.

hard to imagine BC will do anything other than crank out occasional start lineman and rbs. One yr with solid QB/TE won't change them too much. As for NCSU, i think they're primed for a good yr in the Atlantic, they return a ton of production on both sides. They'll still crap the bed vs national comp i'm sure.

hard to imagine BC will do anything other than crank out occasional start lineman and rbs. One yr with solid QB/TE won't change them too much. As for NCSU, i think they're primed for a good yr in the Atlantic, they return a ton of production on both sides. They'll still crap the bed vs national comp i'm sure.
I'm hoping that BC is good enough to make Moo feel some pain. I know Doeren has a lot returning, but my hope is for Moo to be no higher than 4th in the Atlantic.

Van Dyke looked really good for a frosh.
And Miami has a bunch of good athletes at WR. Most are not coached into precision receivers, and if they get that, the Miami passing game could be real trouble for most opponents.

I think ACC football would be best thought of nationally if we have a decade in which each year the Coastal comes down to UNC and Miami while the Atlantic comes down to Clemson and FSU. Of course, we also need at least 1 of those division winners to be ranked Top 10 and the other no lower than 15.

Time, though, to end divisions to maximize getting the two best teams in the ACCC CG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT