ADVERTISEMENT

Ever seen confederate flag on NC license plate?

I wonder why some white people go out of their way to prove to others that they are not racist.

Probably the same reason why people go out of their way to announce to the world that they think all liberals all intolerant. Or that racism isn't really a problem anymore. Everyone signals their values and beliefs through their behavior and speech.

Reactions: strummingram
You and your buddy are the whiners in here. It's hard being an old, white, Christian, male conservative in America. You've had it rough for a very long time.

How are you currently being oppressed and what visceral need and/or behavior is not being tolerated?

Who told you I was White? Who told you I was a Christian? Who told you I was old? Where do you come up with this information?

But its all your lie so tell it how you want it to go.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Probably the same reason why people go out of their way to announce to the world that they think all liberals all intolerant. Or that racism isn't really a problem anymore. Everyone signals their values and beliefs through their behavior and speech.

Someone that says "all liberals all intolerant... or that racism isn't really a problem anymore" I guess is free to have that opinion.

Someone that says "all liberals all intolerant... or that racism isn't really a problem anymore" I guess is free to have that opinion.

Nobody here has suggested you shouldn’t be free to make ridiculous generalizations about people who disagree with you.

Nobody here has suggested you shouldn’t be free to make ridiculous generalizations about people who disagree with you.

I also have yet to read someone say "all liberals all intolerant... or that racism isn't really a problem anymore" but maybe I missed it.

Is "religious-based bigotry and white supremacy" the only thing floating around in that oddly shaped skull of yours?
I still love this one. You imply that what is in quotes is akin to having too much salt in your food at a restaurant. Or, having to drive the speed limit. It's not even in the same social universe.

You ever been on the business end of religious-based bigotry and white supremacy? You haven't, so how could you possibly know? The business end is pretty shitty. It has created an entirely fukked-up society. And, Americans take-- as usual-- the longest, and most difficult path to rectify.

I also have yet to read someone say "all liberals all intolerant... or that racism isn't really a problem anymore" but maybe I missed it.

Lol so when you said you’ve never met a single tolerant liberal you were just talking about how sheltered you are?

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
You did miss it. It's only because you're the one scattering the ideas. Otherwise, you probably would have noticed it. You're completely self-unaware.

You did miss it. It's only because you're the one scattering the ideas. Otherwise, you probably would have noticed it. You're completely self-unaware.

Where did I say "all liberals all intolerant... or that racism isn't really a problem anymore"

I still love this one. You imply that what is in quotes is akin to having too much salt in your food at a restaurant. Or, having to drive the speed limit. It's not even in the same social universe.

You ever been on the business end of religious-based bigotry and white supremacy? You haven't, so how could you possibly know? The business end is pretty shitty. It has created an entirely fukked-up society. And, Americans take-- as usual-- the longest, and most difficult path to rectify.

That was from a series of posts where you autmatically went to "religious-based bigotry and white supremacy" when I made a generic post about being tolerant.

That was from a series of posts where you autmatically went to "religious-based bigotry and white supremacy" when I made a generic post about being tolerant.
Well... I asked you how you have been maligned and not tolerated, and you drew a blank. Get back to me when you figure it out.

Where did I say that you said what you claim that you didn't say?

Your post:

You did miss it. It's only because you're the one scattering the ideas. Otherwise, you probably would have noticed it. You're completely self-unaware

Your post:

You did miss it. It's only because you're the one scattering the ideas. Otherwise, you probably would have noticed it. You're completely self-unaware

Please don't feed the animals. You're giving strum exactly what he wants right now. This guy loves to profess, unlike really anyone else you've encountered on message boards. You have to just skip over his poasts. It would be one thing if what he wrote and discussed here was authentic. But ask around, he's the biggest phony in the Rivals network.

Follow me for more OOTB tips.

Please don't feed the animals. You're giving strum exactly what he wants right now. This guy loves to profess, unlike really anyone else you've encountered on message boards. You have to just skip over his poasts. It would be one thing if what he wrote and discussed here was authentic. But ask around, he's the biggest phony in the Rivals network.

Follow me for more OOTB tips.

I dont mind a debate but it's pretty low to cut and paste to make a message appear a certain way. That should be against the board rules.

I dont mind a debate but it's pretty low to cut and paste to make a message appear a certain way. That should be against the board rules.

Rules? We don't really subscribe to "rules" around here. That may be a bit unsettling at first. But once you get your feet under you, you'll come to like the "Lord Of The Flies" format we have here.

Rules? We don't really subscribe to "rules" around here. That may be a bit unsettling at first. But once you get your feet under you, you'll come to like the "Lord Of The Flies" format we have here.

This board takes freedom of speech to a whole new level..lol

There's a large disconnect on both sides of the isle honestly and it hasn't helped that this 'winner take all' mindset has risen in the last decade. There's a whole host of factors but it's easier to lay out the crux of the issue.

On the one hand you have the far right or ignorant people on the right who don't see or don't care to see that racism, prejudice, and the effects of that prejudice weren't solved with the stroke of LBJ's pen in 1964/65. Some may even resent it or have been conditioned to think that by minorities/women/LGBT folk gaining something they by extension lose. They're often mistrustful of educated people, elites, government in general, and have a high propensity to be conservatively religious.

On the other you have east and west coast academia becoming ever more skewed towards the left and ever more intolerant in the name of the absolutism of modern social justice. You have people in big cities and youth completely unaware or unbothered by how people in red areas live and think which also creates a disconnect between rural and urban. It is not to say that bigotry masquerading as 'freedom' should be tolerated but where the sidewalk begins and ends is becoming increasingly impossible to walk inside of. This is where bullshit like cancel culture, name changing, and social media shaming come from.

How you bridge that gap is beyond me and is becoming nigh impossible. In the age of social media where the self is focused on more than ever, perhaps it would benefit us all to take a step back and at least try to listen and read in between the lines as opposed to making vast assumptions.

We literally voted to have this forum be completely unfiltered. It's driven 2 of the more outspoken people here to just flat out leave. I love it.

Actually i'm fine with that but with in reason of course. I got banned from TOS's politics board because I was not a liberal. They just want to sit around and have a circle jerk while they read each other's liberal posts.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Actually i'm fine with that but with in reason of course. I got banned from TOS's politics board because I was not a liberal. They just want to sit around and have a circle jerk while they read each other's liberal posts.
You poor, poor man. Come on in here... the water's fine. Bask in the bosom of Abraham.

You got that 100% correct. TOS is a shitboard with shitboard posters just waiting to jump on a cause and ban someone. I got called a racist on the political shitthread because I dont like Beyonce's music and I think Black Panther movie was terribly overrated. Many said it was because the main characters are black. Thats mentality they have.

You got that 100% correct. TOS is a shitboard with shitboard posters just waiting to jump on a cause and ban someone. I got called a racist on the political shitthread because I dont like Beyonce's music and I think Black Panther movie was terribly overrated. Many said it was because the main characters are black. Thats mentality they have.
It wasn't the best MCU movie, but you shouldn't have compared it to 'the birth of a nation' when you said it was overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: chickenhunter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT