ADVERTISEMENT

Ever seen confederate flag on NC license plate?

You got that 100% correct. TOS is a shitboard with shitboard posters just waiting to jump on a cause and ban someone. I got called a racist on the political shitthread because I dont like Beyonce's music and I think Black Panther movie was terribly overrated. Many said it was because the main characters are black. Thats mentality they have.

That sounds about right. Calling someone a racist is their go to move.

It wasn't the best MCU movie, but you shouldn't have compared it to 'the birth of a nation' when you said it was overrated.
He probably used BON because he's not picking at the racism scab.

One of my favorite aspects of Birth Of A Nation is how they used white actors in blackface and wigs to portray the evil black people! That is meta way before there ever was meta!

That sounds about right. Calling someone a racist is their go to move.
Well, everyone IS racist. Everyone is tribal, for sure. And, how much you're perceived as being prejudiced against others that are NOT in "your tribe" is merely subjective. It's based on the group that you're among at any given time, if the subject is discussed or revealed somehow. EVERYONE is racist by someone's measure.

Well, everyone IS racist. Everyone is tribal, for sure. And, how much you're perceived as being prejudiced against others that are NOT in "your tribe" is merely subjective. It's based on the group that you're among at any given time, if the subject is discussed or revealed somehow. EVERYONE is racist by someone's measure.

So, there are degree's to being a racist?

That's all you got is calling out an auto correct? Punk move as usual.
Okay... it's easier if you quote me, so I know you're responding to me. I dunno what you mean by "degree's."

Are there DEGREES of being racist and/or prejudiced? Of course there are degrees! Each person has a unique perspective. No two people have identical ideas about how we interact.

Not every racist is Lester Maddox or George Wallace, circa 1963. You can exhibit racism, or be racist, without being an active member of the nearest KKK chapter.

Not every racist act, or behavior, or tendency, or verbalization is equal, I don't think. When I see racist comedy/satire, I usually laugh- if it's funny to me! It's intended to be a joke. As long as there is an obvious exaggeration, I usually laugh. In fact, the more racist, the better, in that context. But, I know some people who are ALWAYS offended by things like that!

Okay... it's easier if you quote me, so I know you're responding to me. I dunno what you mean by "degree's."

Are there DEGREES of being racist and/or prejudiced? Of course there are degrees! Each person has a unique perspective. No two people have identical ideas about how we interact.

Not every racist is Lester Maddox or George Wallace, circa 1963. You can exhibit racism, or be racist, without being an active member of the nearest KKK chapter.

Not every racist act, or behavior, or tendency, or verbalization is equal, I don't think. When I see racist comedy/satire, I usually laugh- if it's funny to me! It's intended to be a joke. As long as there is an obvious exaggeration, I usually laugh. In fact, the more racist, the better, in that context. But, I know some people who are ALWAYS offended by things like that!

I dont think that everyone is racist. You said "EVERYONE is racist by someone's measure". Someone's "measure" does not necessarily equal the definition of being a racist. Being offended by someone does not make the person that offended you necessarily a racist.

I dont think laughing at certain comedy/satire means anything regarding racism.

I find it interesting that your examples of racism are two white men and a white group.

If intolerant means calling-you-out on your bullshit, then I guess I am. Maybe you lack an understanding of what is actually meant by intolerant! "Why won't they tolerate me beating my wife and kids and driving when I'm drunk as a soup sandwich? Fvcking intolerant liberals!!!"
LOL, you are so completely lost in hypocrite-space, you hypocrite. Just admit you got deservedly tagged for being intolerant while whining about intolerance.

Reactions: uncfootball-
I dont think that everyone is racist. You said "EVERYONE is racist by someone's measure". Someone's "measure" does not necessarily equal the definition of being a racist. Being offended by someone does not make the person that offended you necessarily a racist.

I dont think laughing at certain comedy/satire means anything regarding racism.

I find it interesting that your examples of racism are two white men and a white group.
You're a perfect case-study in what I mean.

You're conflating being offended with racist comments or behavior. They're not mutually exclusive. Your victim role from your experience on other message boards is clouding your argument.

I do believe those two examples are against the law.
So what? All that means is that some groups got their intolerances made into law. Just like when we had laws against interracial marriage and gay marriage.

In strum's examples, those who were intolerant of drunk driving and wife beating got their intolerances made into law.

Reactions: strummingram
LOL, you are so completely lost in hypocrite-space, you hypocrite. Just admit you got deservedly tagged for being intolerant while whining about intolerance.
I'm not whining about it. The maligned white men are whining about not being tolerated. They're not even very specific as to what isn't being tolerated.

My comment about "being offended" is a repsonse to what you posted about people being offended.
Right... my bread bag is empty. You're replying to a comment where I was replying to someone else entirely.

I'm sorry you were drummed-out-off-the-board for your "conservative" views. I'm sure it will get better. I asked you earlier how you were being maligned, and you said you weren't. SO, things are already looking-up!

Being offended doesn't always equal being racist. There isn't always some universal, objective baseline of what is/isn't racist to everyone. I've yet to met two people who have identical ideas on what is or isn't racist, racial, racism, or anything else. Apparently, being "conservative" (if you insist on believing that you are ALWAYS conservative) will include taking the heat for the other "conservative" people who ARE racists. Conservative very often appeals to those who cling to the past, socially. The societal past, in America, includes some pretty disgusting displays of white supremacy and all it entails. It doesn't mean that every middle-aged white male living now acts like they're is straight-out-of 1955 Alabama, socially. I would certainly hope they don't. But, many of them will eagerly admit a fondness for that time. Unfortunately, you get the bad with the good from those times. It's funny to me because, none of these middle-aged white guys were alive then to even truly understand what it was actually like. I'm guilty of being nostalgic of the past, sometimes, too! But, it's of the past that I actually experienced. My past wasn't that far removed from 1955 Alabama! The South is slow to change.

Right... my bread bag is empty. You're replying to a comment where I was replying to someone else entirely.

I'm sorry you were drummed-out-off-the-board for your "conservative" views. I'm sure it will get better. I asked you earlier how you were being maligned, and you said you weren't. SO, things are already looking-up!

Being offended doesn't always equal being racist. There isn't always some universal, objective baseline of what is/isn't racist to everyone. I've yet to met two people who have identical ideas on what is or isn't racist, racial, racism, or anything else. Apparently, being "conservative" (if you insist on believing that you are ALWAYS conservative) will include taking the heat for the other "conservative" people who ARE racists. Conservative very often appeals to those who cling to the past, socially. The societal past, in America, includes some pretty disgusting displays of white supremacy and all it entails. It doesn't mean that every middle-aged white male living now acts like they're is straight-out-of 1955 Alabama, socially. I would certainly hope they don't. But, many of them will eagerly admit a fondness for that time. Unfortunately, you get the bad with the good from those times. It's funny to me because, none of these middle-aged white guys were alive then to even truly understand what it was actually like. I'm guilty of being nostalgic of the past, sometimes, too! But, it's of the past that I actually experienced. My past wasn't that far removed from 1955 Alabama! The South is slow to change.

You seem to more bothered that I was banned from another site than I am. 2 of your last 3 posts to me have addressed this.

This may be shocking to you but there are plenty of white liberals that are racists. They are plenty of black or brown people that are racists. You seem to not allow that particular piece of information to enter your brain.

You seem to more bothered that I was banned from another site than I am. 2 of your last 3 posts to me have addressed this.

This may be shocking to you but there are plenty of white liberals that are racists. They are plenty of black or brown people that are racists. You seem to not allow that particular piece of information to enter your brain.
How in the hell would you know what other things are entering my brain, or not? I've already said, quite clearly, that EVERYONE is racist, or, at the very least tribal. That includes EVERY PERSON, when I say that.

I'm also not bothered by your victimhood. I'm mocking it.

Last edited:
I'm not whining about it. The maligned white men are whining about not being tolerated. They're not even very specific as to what isn't being tolerated.

^ with you it isn't always easy to say just exactly what you are carping about.

If everyone is racist to some extent, why is it so hard to understand how nonsensical it is to constantly prattle on about what is so apparently a normal human trait or tendency? How dumb is it to whine about a human being human? What matters in a system of orderly freedom is how one acts, and only then if said action treads on and interferes with another's rights.

In our great experiment with individual freedom, which so many wrongheaded people obliviously work so hard to derail, the freedom to voice oneself should completely trump the racism or any other worthlessness that one might spew. Instead of criticizing the content that comes from a racist's mouth, we should more strongly applaud his ability to voice it without fear of debilitating condemnation. I don't think I'm any different from anyone else...if I don't like what someone says, I just take it for what it's worth and ignore it. Or laugh at it. How is that not a better response than assuming the fetal position at every discouraging word?

We have established, as imperfectly as expected, that every American citizen is to be treated the same BY THE SYSTEM. That same system allows for every individual to think and say what they care to think and say about other individuals. This could all be so easy if the idiots among us would leave it alone.

Reactions: uncfootball-
How in the hell would you know what other things are entering my brain, or not? I've already said, quite clearly, that EVERYONE is racist, or, at the very least tribal. That includes EVERY PERSON, when I say that.

I'm also not bothered by your victimhood. I'm mocking it.

I didnt really think you believed everyone was racist. If you truely believe that there is no hope for you. You are mocking my victimhood? Cool.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer care if someone thinks I'm racist. Why would I care when there is no universal definition of racism according to @strummingram . I would just prefer that when they call me racist, they say, "I think you are my definition of racist." And then I can respond with, "I think you are my definition of an idiot." Both of us could be right. Both of us could be wrong. But we each leave that communication thinking we're right so no harm done, right?

^ with you it isn't always easy to say just exactly what you are carping about.

If everyone is racist to some extent, why is it so hard to understand how nonsensical it is to constantly prattle on about what is so apparently a normal human trait or tendency? How dumb is it to whine about a human being human? What matters in a system of orderly freedom is how one acts, and only then if said action treads on and interferes with another's rights.

In our great experiment with individual freedom, which so many wrongheaded people obliviously work so hard to derail, the freedom to voice oneself should completely trump the racism or any other worthlessness that one might spew. Instead of criticizing the content that comes from a racist's mouth, we should more strongly applaud his ability to voice it without fear of debilitating condemnation. I don't think I'm any different from anyone else...if I don't like what someone says, I just take it for what it's worth and ignore it. Or laugh at it. How is that not a better response than assuming the fetal position at every discouraging word?

We have established, as imperfectly as expected, that every American citizen is to be treated the same BY THE SYSTEM. That same system allows for every individual to think and say what they care to think and say about other individuals. This could all be so easy if the idiots among us would leave it alone.
You can say whatever you want. But, don't be surprised when it's met with an equal dissent, especially if it's unpopular.

You have a habit of insulting people with name-calling every time you offer any comment. It's like a verbal tic that you can't filter and make sure to put-it-to-written-word. You never "take it for what its worth and ignore it" if someone says something you don't like. You don't just laugh at it, either. At least not on here, when I've been paying attention. You use that time to show-off your stunning vocabulary and insult list. That must be the level that you think and the level that you communicate.

I didnt really think you believed everyone was racist. If you truely believe that there is no hope for you. You are mocking my victimhood? Cool.
Everyone is racist to someone. I like to think most people know if their opinion or attitude toward something is racist or not. But, I'm confident that everyone who hears them, and cares to respond, will gladly let them know.

Racism certainly isn't as cut and dry as it was back in the 50s and 60s when there was no question that black people were being systematically oppressed in the Jim Crow south (and many other places too).

So even if that brutal social darwinism type of racism is largely gone, certain other prejudices can be hidden under the guise of many different forms. Best example I can think of is the Lee Atwater quote.

"Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******". By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******". So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the back-burner."

Tribal biases are absolutely a universal feature of human psychology. How you establish your in group and out group does not have to be drawn upon racial lines though. If some alien species were attacking us then all of that nonsense would go right out the window because suddenly the entire human species would be one big tribe fighting for its survival.

It's not just race. Many people are vehemently against foreign aid simply because 'its not OUR people.'

Racism certainly isn't as cut and dry as it was back in the 50s and 60s when there was no question that black people were being systematically oppressed in the Jim Crow south (and many other places too).

So even if that brutal social darwinism type of racism is largely gone, certain other prejudices can be hidden under the guise of many different forms. Best example I can think of is the Lee Atwater quote.

"Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******". By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******". So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the back-burner."
Thank goodness for people like Lee Atwater!

There's no finish line. It's a constant thing.

Not sure I concur with that. Too close to the line of crap people like Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kandi are trying popularize with the far left where by the virtue of being white the onus is on you to change inborn prejudices as a part of an original sin complex. I disagree with it vehemently.

You find me offensive
I find you offensive for finding me offensive
Etu0glnXcAUyh7K

Not sure I concur with that. Too close to the line of crap people like Robin DiAngelo and Ibram Kandi are trying popularize with the far left where by the virtue of being white the onus is on you to change inborn prejudices as a part of an original sin complex. I disagree with it vehemently.
Well, Lee at Water was a good example of how it continues on. And I have no doubt that it will continue to find a way to linger, and therefore need to be rooted out. I would hope that it wouldn't be as bad as it was 10 years, or 20 years, or a hundred years ago. I'd like to think that it would get better. I'm sure it is getting better. But it's never going to completely go away.

Tribal biases are absolutely a universal feature of human psychology. How you establish your in group and out group does not have to be drawn upon racial lines though. If some alien species were attacking us then all of that nonsense would go right out the window because suddenly the entire human species would be one big tribe fighting for its survival.

It's not just race. Many people are vehemently against foreign aid simply because 'its not OUR people.'

Are you saying that you're ok with "in groups" and "out groups" as long as they aren't racial?

And for the record, I'm good with foreign aid if and only when, every American is living a good life first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old_School59
Well, Lee at Water was a good example of how it continues on. And I have no doubt that it will continue to find a way to linger, and therefore need to be rooted out. I would hope that it wouldn't be as bad as it was 10 years, or 20 years, or a hundred years ago. I'd like to think that it would get better. I'm sure it is getting better. But it's never going to completely go away.

Of course it will never go away. Some people make alot of money with racism. Those people want to keep it going.

Of course it will never go away. Some people make alot of money with racism. Those people want to keep it going.
Yes, they surely do. Of course, that's not the only reason it does exist. But yes it is lucrative. And, just because some people are making money off of it, doesn't justify ignoring the damage that it's actually doing. Or acting as if it's not really there because some people are trying to make money off of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT