ADVERTISEMENT

Forever (Adam Lucas)

FranktheHeel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2017
http://goheels.com/news/2017/11/29/adam-lucas-lucas-forever.aspx

Adam totally knocks it out of the rafters with this one or maybe into the rafters. Either way, it's a National Championship level piece.
I have to say every time I read one of Adam's pieces like this it just really makes me thankful again for all the great memories I have had as a Tar Heel fan. There really isn't any greater team out there and no other team that I would want to root for. We are so fortunate for all the great players and coaches who have truly done things the right way allowing us to experience so many great moments and helping us to be a part of the Carolina Family and great legacy that the program we love holds. As Adam said and I think you will all agree with me, these memories are Forever.

Some great quotes:

"None of this is meant to make you feel old—just experienced. And wise. And, well, OK, some of us are getting old. Which is about when we start thinking that, sure, Carolina won a game on Wednesday. But they're going to play again on Friday, and then again on Sunday, and then again…"

"Well, it just seemed like a good time to remember: these guys are doing something we'll never forget."

"One day, it'll be them out there. Twenty-five years from now, if we're lucky, we'll get to see Theo Pinson and Joel Berry stand at midcourt. When that happens, you'll nudge the spouse maybe you haven't met yet or the kid you haven't even dreamed of yet and say, "I saw them play."

"Or, even better, "I saw them win."

"To be mentioned with those guys for hanging up a banner and being part of a national championship team," Pinson said. "That's what I came here for, bottom line."

This one had me laughing:
"Serge Zwikker is a 44-year-old man, and there will never be a time—ever—in my life that I see him and don't picture him wearing a headband, shooting a baseline jumper."

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Thanks for posting yet another absolutely perfect Lucas gem!

I am so thankful that I have UNC to cheer for and that I can be so proud of the legacy we have created!

Tar Heels are Family!

Reactions: FranktheHeel
Great work by Adam Lucas. I'm sure I'm one of many people that say, what a dream job that guy has! But when you think about it, it's a huge challenge to keep writing a story for every game (and more) and have it be fresh, and not be rehashing the same things game after game and year after year. He's fortunate that we have a program with a lot of great history and a lot of great stories and people to cover, but he really does do a phenomenal job of it.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT