ADVERTISEMENT

Heels LAX

Heels take care of it with a goal in sudden death OT 17-16. Another game against the dookies decided by one goal.

Heels hosting Hoos today - on ESPNU at 2 eastern/ 1Central.

Right now on ESPNU, Dook at Notre Dame.

Go Irish.

Heels get face off, and Tagliaferri looked like a Bitter and scored in less than a minute.

1-0 Heels

Hoos score first in the 2nd half.

10-3 Heels

Hoos get face off, and score almost immediately.

10-4 Heels

What bothers me is that knowing Breschi, I fear that I could look up and the score will be 11-10 Heels with the Cavs holding the ball.

Final score: 16-8 Heels

Everything clicked today. Shots went in. D played smart, moving the feet, giving up very few open shots. Everybody went after ground balls, fighting hard for them.

The Heels play like that, and they can be in Championship Weekend.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I got forced into being busy about 90 minutes ago, which meant I did not note that UNC is facing ND now on ESPNU.

3-2 Irish

ND scored with 5 seconds left in the 1st to make it 5-3. ND won the face off, and ossed the ball from mid field, getting it off a fraction of a second before horn. It went in.

6-3 Irish

And the Heels come back from 5 down with 7 straight goals. 17-15 final. That was gutsy! We pulled ourselves up out the dust and smacked ND in the mouth.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Best come back by the lacrosse Heels in many years. I was disgusted and decided not to post at all. We eventually got down 15-10. And then the comeback. I resisted any posting to try to prevent a jinx.

This team's Up and Down kills me. But when it is on fully, it can beat anybody.

That game was all sorts of fun at the end. Breschi's team finally wins a game in the 4th Q instead of choking one away.

Side note: I hate listening to Anish Shreff. That guy is the worst announcer in sports.

Reactions: UNC '92
Nice. Go Heels!

I'm considering going to the ACC Lax Tourney since Kennesaw and KSU is only a 20 minute drive from me.
You should- you might be the only guy there. I can't forget for the life of me figure out why the ACC thought it a good idea to put this tourney in the ATL.

Also- Balkam stood on his head once he came in- game MVP with several yuuge 4th quarter saves. I wonder how sick he was but I assumed it must have been bad after Reder let in that half field shot at the end of the 1stQ.

Stephen Kelly was the man too when he won every 4th quarter face off

That game was all sorts of fun at the end. Breschi's team finally wins a game in the 4th Q instead of choking one away.

Side note: I hate listening to Anish Shreff. That guy is the worst announcer in sports.
He's another Syracuse grad. ESPN assumes that every Cuse grad in sports journalism deserves a job, at least to call lacrosse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT