ADVERTISEMENT

Heels LAX

Also- Balkam stood on his head once he came in- game MVP with several yuuge 4th quarter saves. I wonder how sick he was but I assumed it must have been bad after Reder let in that half field shot at the end of the 1stQ.
Youngster - lack of experience. He'll learn.

I would guess Balkam was fairly ill. This was a huge game for us. We badly needed that W after the crap fest at Syracuse.

He's another Syracuse grad. ESPN assumes that every Cuse grad in sports journalism deserves a job, at least to call lacrosse.

He makes my ears bleed and I don't care which game he is calling. I would probably watch more ESPNU lacrosse if I didn't have to listen to him.

You should- you might be the only guy there. I can't forget for the life of me figure out why the ACC thought it a good idea to put this tourney in the ATL.
I wonder if they are thinking in terms of future lacrosse players. The sport has exploded in HS in several areas, and I think Atlanta is one. No GA college plays D1 lacrosse.

Youngster - lack of experience. He'll learn.

I would guess Balkam was fairly ill. This was a huge game for us. We badly needed that W after the crap fest at Syracuse.

Oh, I agree about Reder and he will be good. But he was very inconsistent today and it almost cost us a shot at postseason

I'm okay with it as a necessary sacrifice if it means we beat them in basketball, football, and soccer.

So does the ACC early knockout remove us from NCAA tourney consideration? I don't know how that all works.
It should not. UNC, ND, Dook, and Cuse should all be in. But the ACC-haters, who now are stoked by the Big Ten, will act this entire week to cut out at least 1 of those 4. And my guess is that most focus their cut desire on UNC.

Heels play Marquette on ESPNU at 2:30 Eastern/1:30 Central.

Right now on ESPNU, Dook is losing to Loyola at the Half: 9-6.

Women are playing tomorrow at one. Live stream on ESPN 3. Playing some team down the road from Chapel Hill.

6-5 Heels was the halftime score. I'm still suffering the effects of an awful spring cold.

Heels face Irish to make it to Championship Weekend, which means the Final Four. The game is tomorrow, Sunday the 22nd, on ESPN 2, at 12 Noon Eastern/ 11 AM Central.

Stephen Kelly again wins Face Off, and this time goes hard and then hits Cloutier, who scores.

3-2 Heels at the end of 1

6-2. Carolina needs to stay loose and stay with the game plan on offense, but be ready to quit doubling on D- ND will surely adjust during the half.

This is stressful

Timmy Kelly sees 2 irish knock one another down, and he turns and whips it into the upper corner of the net.

8-2 Heels

This idiot announcer needs to shut up about us making it to next weekend.

ND goes open net., and Pontrello outruns the double team and then scores from nearly midfield.

11-3 Heels

Corrigan shows his team its time for desparation with the double

Wicked move and shot by Pontrello. ND player then hit him both late and high. Penalty called, but Cloutier said something and also got a 1 minute penalty.

12-3 Heels.

ND got the ball on the dead ball foul and scored.

12-4 Heels

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT