ADVERTISEMENT

Hubert offers 3-star shooter

who says this guy will never play. Gradey Dick is a name I have NEVER heard of before the start of last season and he came out of nowhere. Maybe I live under a rock, but there are a lot of kids that can play if UNC will just stop recruiting the next "MJ". Lets find some kids that just want to compete and play, instead of use UNC as a stepping stone to the next level. This kid played against good competition and was moderately successful. Potentially could fill a big need for us. SHOOTING!

who says this guy will never play. Gradey Dick is a name I have NEVER heard of before the start of last season and he came out of nowhere. Maybe I live under a rock, but there are a lot of kids that can play if UNC will just stop recruiting the next "MJ". Lets find some kids that just want to compete and play, instead of use UNC as a stepping stone to the next level. This kid played against good competition and was moderately successful. Potentially could fill a big need for us. SHOOTING!

Gradey Dick was a 5 star recruit. Not an appropriate reference.

I too see Wojcik and Ryan as the same player and I do not understand why we need two of them. Meanwhile, we literally have no one to play the 3 or 4 position. Maybe Withers blows up but we cannot go into next season with him as the only forward on the roster.

We are setting up to be the least athletic team in the conference next year and possibly the least athletic Tar Heel team in recent memory. They all better be able to shoot lights out.

So because you'd never heard of a 5 star, top 25 recruit means he came out of nowhere? How is that logic?

Why didn't you just compare him to Anthony Black? or JJ Starling? Both guys also ranked right by Gradey and crushed it their freshman season.

You compared Gradey Dick and Dunlap simply because they are white and that's lazy.

Dunlap is nothing at all like Gradey from a prospect perspective.

Reactions: gauchoheel
So because you'd never heard of a 5 star, top 25 recruit means he came out of nowhere? How is that logic?

Why didn't you just compare him to Anthony Black? or JJ Starling? Both guys also ranked right by Gradey and crushed it their freshman season.

You compared Gradey Dick and Dunlap simply because they are white and that's lazy.

He also says we shouldn't recruit guys who use UNC as a stepping stone for the next level while talking positively about one-and-done Dick.

Are we in the dang Twilight Zone?

Geez. Had nothing to do with race. How shallow! I had not heard of him, until he was playing for Kansas and ESDN started showing the girls wearing the "I Love Dick" shirts. Didnt know if he was purple or yellow. Only reason I would have known about him is if we were recruiting him. Apparently we should have but it looks like he was a local product that stayed close to home.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
Gradey Dick was a 5 star recruit. Not an appropriate reference.

I too see Wojcik and Ryan as the same player and I do not understand why we need two of them. Meanwhile, we literally have no one to play the 3 or 4 position. Maybe Withers blows up but we cannot go into next season with him as the only forward on the roster.

We are setting up to be the least athletic team in the conference next year and possibly the least athletic Tar Heel team in recent memory. They all better be able to shoot lights out.
I think the plan is Ryan, Ingram, another wing, Cadeau, and maybe a program guy like Dunlap. If that were to come to fruition, would you still be concerned?

I could be wrong, but I think Grady Dick was the Gatorade National Player of the Year, or one of those. He was a massive 5 star recruit. Not a out of nowhere recruit by any stretch of the imagination.

I do get the developmental shooter worth a look idea,that was not Grady Dick though.

Reactions: ChapelHeeled
We've got 4 scholarships open. You're suggesting we take 5 guys.
I think there may be another transfer out if we keep adding more guards. If we have Cadeau, Davis, Ryan, Wilcher, and another wing how many minutes are left for Trimble/Dunn?

Last edited:
I haven't read intently, but Dunlap is now Grady Dick? Big if true!

Are these the same people who thought John Henson was going to be Kevin Durant? Nothing against Henson.

Does the portal let coaches take more chances in recruiting?

Dunlop might be a diamond in the rough who will be really good in 2 or 3 years. In the old days, a blue blood might not spend a scholarship on a kid like that because that could mean wasting that scholarship for 4 years.

In the portal era, you get to seriously evaluate the kid for a year. Then, if you like what you see, you give him enough PT and positive reinforcement to keep him out of the portal. Or, if not, you invite him to leave, and it's relatively easy for him to do so.

If you are willing to clean house every year of kids you don't think are a good fit, or who won't get much PT, that gives you more scholarships to play with every year. You can afford to gamble a little more.

Reactions: DSouthr
I haven't read intently, but Dunlap is now Grady Dick? Big if true!

Are these the same people who thought John Henson was going to be Kevin Durant? Nothing against Henson.

If we get Dunlap and he disappoints to the level of John Henson, we’d be pretty lucky.

Reactions: Sk1310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT