ADVERTISEMENT

If Thig as co-DC and Bly as DB coach make sense

How do you know he brings value in recruiting? He has never done it, which means you cannot compare him as a recruiter to any other DB coach who actually has experience as a recruiter and a DB position coach.

Defending this hire is akin to defending the Bunting hire. Bunting was All ACC. Bunting played in the NFL 11 years, the same as Bly. Bunting had a Super Bowl ring, just like Bly.

What Bunting had that Bly does not: 2 years as college assistant coach; 5 years as a D3 HC; 6 years as NFL position coach; 2 years as NFL co-DC.

Bly just helped bring in a 4 star Safety out of Myers Park. Not a bad start.

Hope we're not questioning the hiring of Bly anymore after today. What this staff have done in just a few months is remarkable. Took over a class in the 90's overall and look to be in the low 30's after Asante. Go Heels!
dre loves mack and he's telling the world.
early results look like we'll be making woad eat those words for a long time to come.

Hope we're not questioning the hiring of Bly anymore after today. What this staff have done in just a few months is remarkable. Took over a class in the 90's overall and look to be in the low 30's after Asante. Go Heels!

Gonna bring back my convo between Woad and I on Dre.

In 48 hours, we are gonna get a top 7 player...not in the state but the ENTIRE country. Make no bones about it, he's coming mainly because of Dre'. Loved this hire when it happened, love it even more now.

Well, if you have a group of 7 or 8 DBs who are came out of HS certain to make NFL rosters, then there may be very little need to coach them.

Bly has been hired for a P5 job, and what he is qualified for is to be a volunteer assistant for a year at a 1AA or Group of 5 program, which should it go well would qualify him to be hired full time for that job.

If we have a Venables for DC and a second DB coach who is a widely recognized as a master at developing DBs, then having Bly as a volunteer assistant would be a great opportunity for him to learn. But we have neither, and Bly, with no experience, is a full time coach on a D that must be rebuilt.

That "no experience" paid off quite well.

At this point, I would think all UNC fans are very happy with the staff Mack assembled and all the strides the team has made since their hiring.

Recruiting is off the charts good, especially considering how mediocre we’d become as a program. The staff has reestablished a positive relationship with coaches within the state and recruiting has been the beneficiary.

I don’t even know if we’ll see football this fall, time will tell. But I sure am excited about the prospect.

All I know is there were a lot of bad takes in this thread. Mostly by a poster who will never admit he was wrong.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT