ADVERTISEMENT

In What Olympic Event Would You Have the Best Chance at Not Finishing Last?

So the Angolan or Armenian…something like that…female boxer controversy is interesting. First let me say I can see both sides so long as they’re based on facts. I’m not dying on either hill. So this is the gist as far as being able to compete as a woman.
Pros: She was born with a vagina, she was raised a girl, competed as a girl her whole career. She’s good but not great. She’s lost to numerous “real women”. She’s competing of course in a division of women of similar weight.
Cons: she failed a gender test last year in the world championships allegedly for high testosterone levels and having the xy chromosome. (The results have not been publicly published)She’s very masculine and could pass for a man easily.
Pros again: women do occasionally have the xy chromosome as well as high testosterone. It’s rare but does happen. She’s never been accused of doping and all indications are this is just how she was born.
Cons again: having the xy chromosome could mean she’s “intersex” which is a broad term but basically means you have traits of both sexes. So that would seem to be an unfair advantage. The one bout I watched looked like a huge mismatch. BUT genetic advantages exist in all sports ESPECIALLY the Olympics. It is after all a competition to find the strongest, fastest, etc and those born with certain genetic traits def have an advantage. Just look at how different body types excel at certain sports. Is naturally occurring high test any more unfair than being 7 feet tall or having a 44 in vertical?

Anyway there’s only two choices so would you put a person born with a vagina in the male? A person with xy chromosomes in the female? She’s not violating any rule of the IOC so she can’t be DQ’d
tl;dr

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
I think I could do okay in that sword fighting sport (I believe at Carolina they call it fencing). Not well enough to win gold or finish anywhere other than last place, but I've always viewed myself as a bit of a swashbuckler.

I think I could do okay in that sword fighting sport (I believe at Carolina they call it fencing). Not well enough to win gold or finish anywhere other than last place, but I've always viewed myself as a bit of a swashbuckler.
You do understand that word isn't defined as a "sword swallower"?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I think we are all kidding ourselves. Unless one is really good at something, I mean really good, they are finishing dead last at the Olympics. These people are all really good.

Reactions: blazers
I think I could do okay in that sword fighting sport (I believe at Carolina they call it fencing). Not well enough to win gold or finish anywhere other than last place, but I've always viewed myself as a bit of a hogwashbuckler.
FIFY

Noah Lyles comes from behind and leans to photo finish victory by .005 seconds in Men’s 100 meters. Wowza! 👍🏾
His time: 9.79
Silver goes to Kishane Thompson, Jamaica at 9.795.
Fred Kerley, USA, wins bronze at 9.81.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Noah Lyles comes from behind and leans to photo finish victory by .005 seconds in Men’s 100 meters. Wowza! 👍🏾
that was amazing…can’t believe it’s been twenty years.

eta: now back to women’s beach volleyball lol

Top six in the men's 10K were within one second of each other. 13 were under the olympic record time.

That shyt was insane. I never knew that it was the torso crossing the line that determined the time.

just saw it…effing amazing, what a race!!!

It was unreal. I don’t know how he was able to kick that hard at the end of a fast race… just crazy.

Now maybe one of the BYU guys can pull a shocker and medal in the marathon.

Also interested to see if Ingebrigsten wins the 5k

Reactions: gteeitup
It was unreal. I don’t know how he was able to kick that hard at the end of a fast race… just crazy.

Now maybe one of the BYU guys can pull a shocker and medal in the marathon.

Also interested to see if Ingebrigsten wins the 5k
my son told me he trains in blacksburg and they see him a lot…kinda cool.

Reactions: uncboy10
Don't know what you posted because it got removed, but they ended up buckling down, playing D and winning.
I saw it. It said fvck around and find out. If you can relate somehow, please let me know.

who they? Your OP didn't say.
It was the men's bball team playing against Serbia (who has Jokic among others). They were way down into the fourth quarter. They came back and advanced to gold medal game against France.

Reactions: bluetoe
i think i could have done better than +13 in the golf. or at least not WD like 2 of the players did.

what about the French pole-vaulter having his pole get in the way and cost him a medal? i guess you can lose AND win at the same time.

i think i could have done better than +13 in the golf. or at least not WD like 2 of the players did.

what about the French pole-vaulter having his pole get in the way and cost him a medal? i guess you can lose AND win at the same time.
I saw a video of that last night with a funny take on it and it was hilarious. They said the same thing....lose one way, win another way.

I saw a video of that last night with a funny take on it and it was hilarious. They said the same thing....lose one way, win another way.
I feel like it should be the new video for ABC Wide World of Sports, the thrill of victory and agony of defeat scenario. I mean, he had to be pretty sad but pretty proud all at the same time.

I feel like it should be the new video for ABC Wide World of Sports, the thrill of victory and agony of defeat scenario. I mean, he had to be pretty sad but pretty proud all at the same time.
lol, but they might have to tweak that tag line...'the thrill of victory and the agony of da dong.'

• Haha
Reactions: pooponduke
giphy.gif

Was this his first time attempting to pole vault?
Do they not have jock straps in Europe ?

If neither, then he probably had a semi after hanging around people like her for a week:
oAGziBAimEo7uRAg1KEsaeIG98bgBf4BU2Emaw~tplv-photomode-zoomcover:480:480.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: bleeduncblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT