ADVERTISEMENT

Jackie Manuel leaving

Good luck sir! Let’s bring in some experience on the coaching bench with D philosophy please.
This is the description of the job that just opened up.

"Coordinates career development, community service, video services, diversity programming and the Hubert Davis Basketball Camp/Carolina Basketball School."

Jackie is suddenly looking like a very smart man.

With how our roster is developing for next season, no one on the UNC coaching staff will have a job next April.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Where you been?

What do you know? You wouldn’t make that poast without feeling good about something. Spill the beans, Bro.
Nothing super top secret, I just think a team of:

Cadeau
RJ
Wilcher
Ingram or Mgbako
Bacot

Withers
Woj
Washington
Trimble

...is a 2nd weekend NCAA team. We're not going to clean house of our coaching staff in that scenario, especially with the 2024 class we have coming in.

Nothing super top secret, I just think a team of:

Cadeau
RJ
Wilcher
Ingram or Mgbako
Bacot

Withers
Woj
Washington
Trimble

...is a 2nd weekend NCAA team. We're not going to clean house of our coaching staff in that scenario, especially with the 2024 class we have coming in.
You clearly didn't watch Wilcher's recent games. He is extremely foul prone because he guards with his hands instead of his body. He's not going to be an effective starter as a freshman. Especially not playing SF when he's barely 6'4" and 170 lbs. He'd be in foul trouble every game. He should be an offensive sparkplug off the bench his freshman year.

Ingram seems to be trending towards KU. There is no indication we have any realistic shot at Mbgako.

You clearly didn't watch Wilcher's recent games. He is extremely foul prone because he guards with his hands instead of his body. He's not going to be an effective starter as a freshman. Especially not playing SF when he's barely 6'4" and 170 lbs. He'd be in foul trouble every game. He should be an offensive sparkplug off the bench his freshman year.

Ingram seems to be trending towards KU. There is no indication we have any realistic shot at Mbgako.

All hope is lost. You might want to consider killing yourself.

This is the description of the job that just opened up.

"Coordinates career development, community service, video services, diversity programming and the Hubert Davis Basketball Camp/Carolina Basketball School."
I've never been clear what activities the different members of the coaching staff are allowed to engage in. Was JM allowed to teach D in practices?

Of course - as we've seen with Hubert and Lebo, when it comes to shooting - just because you are personally good at something doesn't mean you are good at teaching it (and vice versa). Nevertheless, it seems a shame to lose a guy who might have been helpful on that front.

I thought he was doing well overseas. I definitely expect him to try his hand at coaching some day, but maybe not this soon.
He's done fine. Averaging like 10ppg for his career and he's now in the Spanish league. However, he's 30 and that's generally when guys get sick of being away from home and come back...I think the timing is pretty good.

He's done fine. Averaging like 10ppg for his career and he's now in the Spanish league. However, he's 30 and that's generally when guys get sick of being away from home and come back...I think the timing is pretty good.
Any way to get him back to UNC would be great. Meanwhile I continue to be in Jackie's posse and wish him the best in his new gig

You're right, I definitely wasn't sitting in the 3rd row of his state championship games because he plays 20 minutes from where I live.

Come on man, step your game up.
Then let's hear your description of his terrible defensive tendencies that were on display for the whole world to see, and why you think a 6'4" 170 lbs freshman is a smart choice to be a starting SF in the ACC.

Can we get KBUTTER back?
The more pressing need is to hire a General Manager for UNC basketball to concentrate on fund raising for NIL. Teams across the country, including dook, have already done this.

The clock is ticking. Count the days and weeks it takes for UNC basketball to make a decision that has become necessary to be an elite program.

Then let's hear your description of his terrible defensive tendencies that were on display for the whole world to see, and why you think a 6'4" 170 lbs freshman is a smart choice to be a starting SF in the ACC.
Actually already shared my detailed scouting report on the Premium site, cough up that $8.99 and you can read it also.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Actually already shared my detailed scouting report on the Premium site, cough up that $8.99 and you can read it also.

So you're basically saying that no one should ever pay for premium on this website, because they'll get to read about how a 6'4" 170 lbs freshman who is extremely foul prone due to poor defensive fundamentals should be given the starting SF spot at UNC.

Why don't you find another bandwagon to jump on and I'll continue supporting my Alma Mater.
Pretty sure I've been a fan longer than your little snotty nose no it all ass has been alive. The arrogance coming thru on just reading what u type says a lot. I bet you are a hoot to hang out with. U are just another one of many on here who believe their OPINION is ABSOLUTE FACT. Saying he would get pushed around by our bench guys is opinion. He just might but again he might not.

Pretty sure I've been a fan longer than your little snotty nose no it all ass has been alive. The arrogance coming thru on just reading what u type says a lot. I bet you are a hoot to hang out with. U are just another one of many on here who believe their OPINION is ABSOLUTE FACT. Saying he would get pushed around by our bench guys is opinion. He just might but again he might not.
1. You talk about others being arrogant, yet you're the only who showed up out of the blue trying to tell someone else (a UNC alum) who he should root for.

2. You talk about others who believe their opinion is absolute fact, and in the same breath you offer an uninformed opinion on my age.

3. It's "know" it all. Not "no" it all.

If you are really this emotionally distraught over a middle aged Alum sharing his thoughts, and occasionally well-placed intel, about UNC basketball; then just put me on ignore. I've already done the same to your account since your post history shows you've never once offered anything that could be construed as a coherent thought.

1. You talk about others being arrogant, yet you're the only who showed up out of the blue trying to tell someone else (a UNC alum) who he should root for.

2. You talk about others who believe their opinion is absolute fact, and in the same breath you offer an uninformed opinion on my age.

3. It's "know" it all. Not "no" it all.

If you are really this emotionally distraught over a middle aged Alum sharing his thoughts, and occasionally well-placed intel, about UNC basketball; then just put me on ignore. I've already done the same to your account since your post history shows you've never once offered anything that could be construed as a coherent thought.
U have me on ignore lol. I wish it were that easy to just make u disappear from this site. As much as u spew off on here on every thread just seeing the "u ignore this turd" would just make me think of u and your BS.

Reactions: DSouthr
You're right, I definitely wasn't sitting in the 3rd row of his state championship games because he plays 20 minutes from where I live.

Come on man, step your game up.
Not that you either need or want my opinion of this, clearly you and I have heat but I have never questioned that you have some grass roots connections. I don't care for your style of "discussion" and clearly you do not like mine and I think we are BOTH good with that. But you are not a liar and thou you do try to be heavy handed, you do have some good information at times. Kind of funny actually how 2 people can like each other as little as we do and yet when it is about basketball end up saying the same thing a LOT?

Dadika, like it or not, like me or not, want it or not, I don't care but in this back and forth between you and that poster that I respect so little that I refuse to even say his screen name I have to say I have your back. Yes, you did a nice look at Wilcher, a look that I just happen to agree with BTW, I have no doubt that you have made that 20min drive to watch Wilcher play multiple times and would quickly add that your take on the kid should be listened to by Tar Heel fans. You may be a lot of things but you are not a liar...

Not that you either need or want my opinion of this, clearly you and I have heat but I have never questioned that you have some grass roots connections. I don't care for your style of "discussion" and clearly you do not like mine and I think we are BOTH good with that. But you are not a liar and thou you do try to be heavy handed, you do have some good information at times. Kind of funny actually how 2 people can like each other as little as we do and yet when it is about basketball end up saying the same thing a LOT?

Dadika, like it or not, like me or not, want it or not, I don't care but in this back and forth between you and that poster that I respect so little that I refuse to even say his screen name I have to say I have your back. Yes, you did a nice look at Wilcher, a look that I just happen to agree with BTW, I have no doubt that you have made that 20min drive to watch Wilcher play multiple times and would quickly add that your take on the kid should be listened to by Tar Heel fans. You may be a lot of things but you are not a liar...
That's fair...but my curt reaction to him was based on his "you clearly didn't watch Wilcher's recent games" when in fact the exact opposite is true. I also know of this guy's reputation around Raider so I knew the tone he was setting and I'm sure you know I have no issue sending that right back to him...may be to my detriment, which you clearly feel is so.

I agree with your assessment of our relationship on here and I think we've both for the most part recently let each other operate without much comment from the other, which I appreciate.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
That's fair...but my curt reaction to him was based on his "you clearly didn't watch Wilcher's recent games" when in fact the exact opposite is true. I also know of this guy's reputation around Raider so I knew the tone he was setting and I'm sure you know I have no issue sending that right back to him...may be to my detriment, which you clearly feel is so.

I agree with your assessment of our relationship on here and I think we've both for the most part recently let each other operate without much comment from the other, which I appreciate.

madison-montgomery-ahs.gif

The more pressing need is to hire a General Manager for UNC basketball to concentrate on fund raising for NIL. Teams across the country, including dook, have already done this.

The clock is ticking. Count the days and weeks it takes for UNC basketball to make a decision that has become necessary to be an elite program.
Totally agree with this. I wonder who is currently handling these needs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT