ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown

imajericho

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Pittsburgh
He is supposed to announce in a week or so but...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2410538-jaylen-brown-arrested-latest-details-surrounding-5-star-basketball-recruit

The traffic stop isn't anything big as it pertains to his decision, and speaking of which, latest that I've heard, is that it's Kentucky or us . .

would love to have him or ingram on board..with everyone coming back supposedly..i don't think signing anyone else in this class is as big of a problem as everyone thinks..we have legit shooters in jj and berry to help paige on the perimeter..their confidence and improvement should be better after getting their freshman season out the way along with some good big game competition under their belt..now if this was 2016,,then i would be worried about not having anyone signed!!..maye is going to help more than what some of you guys think!!..as for the arrest..sounds like it is not that big of a deal..a simple mistake..nothing in the area of pj's!!

This post was edited on 3/28 4:41 PM by Bur-Heel

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/mcdonalds-all-american

Jaylen is that 'alpha-dog' everyone has been asking for . . he's not a lights-out perimeter shooter but a player that can score and his strength is getting to the basket and few are able to stop or slow him.

Pure energy . . . I may be dreaming, but, what would it be like to have Brown, Pinson and Tokoto on the floor at the same time if Roy thought he needed a quick defensive squad to press our opponent.

Originally posted by imajericho:

Driving with a suspended license means he also did something to get it suspended
He was charged with a stop sign violation.

He previously was in an accident, they mailed a citation to his house, but his family had moved and didn't receive the notice . . it's not a big deal.

I've heard it's down to UNC & UK also. You would think if he's making a decision this week or next week it would be UNC. If he was going to UK wouldn't he wait to see who all goes pro & who stays?

Originally posted by uncfan in ky:

I've heard it's down to UNC & UK also. You would think if he's making a decision this week or next week it would be UNC. If he was going to UK wouldn't he wait to see who all goes pro & who stays?
You ask a good question, I would think a player of Brown's stature isn't bothered by who may or may not be in front of him.

As far as UK goes, does Devin Booker jump, or the Harrison twins . . ? There's not many currently there that he's likely worried about.

At the moment, they have a 4 star SG (Charles Matthews) coming in and thats it . .

he's definitely not worried..all the draft predictions have him as the top pick in the 16' draft ..he's going to play often and early wherever he goes!!

I understand he's talented enough to play wherever he chooses to go but not knowing how many will leave UK, he's has to wonder about the amount of minutes he'll get. Is WCS a lock to leave? He was a 1st rounder last year & still returned. I think the only player 100% gone is KAT. If they go 40-0 & win it all, I believe ALOT of players will leave but should they lose? I can see ALOT return & try again.... Does Brown what to join a team & only play 20 min a game or come to Chapel Hill & be the man?

Jaylen Brown is a STUD... He will play wherever he goes. UNC has always been great at getting players of this caliber. Many of them are in the league right now. I hope that he picks whomever he really, really wants to pick...

Where is everyone seeing us and UK in the picture. Everything I have seen is UK and UCLA?

Originally posted by kc2525:

Where is everyone seeing us and UK in the picture. Everything I have seen is UK and UCLA?
Exactly... I don't know where they're getting their info but it'll be UK, Cal or UCLA.

Where are you guys getting your info..seems to be mixed opinions or predictions..is anybody sources reliable or just barbershop talk floating around?

I know he had a good visit at UNC back in January. But he has talked
about coach Cal several times in articles that I have read. Seems like
UK or UCLA may be the fit. Seems like a good kid (even with the minor
traffice violations). Would love for him to come even for a year.
I will keep my fingers crossed, but I
will not hold my breath.

I think he ends up at UK.

I think Ingram is waiting on Brown's decision and for who comes back at Duke.

Ingram basically said the academic scandal is what is affecting his decision.

This post was edited on 3/29 6:44 PM by imajericho

Imajericho,

Who do you root besides being negative about UNC? Obvious by your post on this thread you are a Dook or State troll.

Where was I negative about UNC?

I want Jaylen Brown. I have been adamant about it.

I don't think we get him though.

And, Ingram has flat out said word for word that he would have commited but the academic scandal is affecting things...

So ummm?

I daresay I am as big of a UNC fan as anyone on this board.

Jaylen Brown did everything but rub Coach Cal down with lotion in a recent article saying UK was the best program in college basketball ie team, facilities etc. I would love to see him at The Hill but its hard to read. I do like that he understands how difficult it may be for him to be one and done. Seems to understand that he needs at least 2 years development before going to the NBA.

Originally posted by ACokeForRoy:
Jaylen Brown did everything but rub Coach Cal down with lotion in a recent article saying UK was the best program in college basketball ie team, facilities etc. I would love to see him at The Hill but its hard to read. I do like that he understands how difficult it may be for him to be one and done. Seems to understand that he needs at least 2 years development before going to the NBA.
I read the same article and thought the opposite. Thought he sounded very positive about UNC in terms of why he added them to the list and what he had to say about our players.

Would love to snag a top recruit this year. Brown would be awesome. Just dunno.

When is t he MCD game? I think Brown intends to announce for it.

Would love to snag a 5* like Brown, but I don't see it happening. Not in our current state.

Would love to snag a top recruit this year. Brown would be awesome. Just dunno.

When is t he MCD game? I think Brown intends to announce for it.
He has pushed it further back.

2 weeks up to a month away is the latest, but who the heck knows with kids now?

I went to a high school tourney a couple years ago just to see Joel Berry play. I was very impressed with Berry but I came away talking about Jaylen. He's gonna be special wherever he goes but I really hope he is a Heel. From all the interviews i've gathered I definitely think were in the mix

No dadika13, I wasn't saying he didn't have anything positive to say about UNC because he did but what he said about the UK program seemed to stand out more IMO. Reading it I could almost see his body language changing when asked the question about UK. I just hope he comes to UNC.

Originally posted by ACokeForRoy:
If Kentucky wins the Natty, Cal might bolt for the NBA again. Might open up some of the one-and-doners for other teams... one can hope?

Kansas Jayhawk Fans
@FansOfKU · 6 hours agoJaylen Brown says he's definitely going to an Adidas school...KU is 1 of 3 Adidas schools on his list...could help fill void left by Oubre

Guess he is out for us.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12590682&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
This post was edited on 4/1 7:24 PM by imajericho

This may sound dumb , but who are the other addidas schools? I don't watch many non-Carolina games and when I do , just don't notice that stuff.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

This may sound dumb , but who are the other addidas schools? I don't watch many non-Carolina games and when I do , just don't notice that stuff.
UCLA is one and California is another . . . Brown took a late unofficial to Cal, maybe there's been some communique between he and Rabb.

Jaylen Brown says he's definitely going to an Adidas school...KU is 1 of 3 Adidas schools on his list...could help fill void left by Oubre
Not too fussed about missing out, I thought Brown might cause probs with Playing time (Jackson and JP are also both #3's with Theo there too)

But following on from the Diamond Stone scenario how is the NCAA not concerned about this????? Are they too busy sticking a hot poker up Roy that they don't care what's going on in recruiting!!!!

Brown said straight up that Adidas has taken care of him his whole life so he is definitely going to an Adidas school because it is about loyalty.

Like, I don't know what he exactly means, but that sounds like some interesting stuff he is saying.

The farce that is college basketball....................or maybe cesspool is a better word.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT