ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Lebo resigns from ECU

Lost to North Carolina A&T last game...not good.

One of the all time great shooters at UNC.

Last edited:
ECU basketball isn't really a thing so I can't blame him. I mean they fancy themselves a football school and that is extremely hit or miss over their history.

Great player .... not much of a coach!

I remember Lebo hitting 5 straight 3s against GTeck and his last shot, Dean had set a pic right in front of Carolina bench. Never forget Curly Neal fighting thru the pic, but l cannot for the life of me remember the UNC player who screened for Jeff. Any body got a better memory than me?

Or being forced to resign (possibly)?
I don't think so. Compher (AD) seemed fairly convincing in his comments that it was a surprise to him. And again, the timing - why would you fire him just a few games into the season just to install an assistant as interim? And why would Lebo agree to resign, thereby giving up his buyout, if it weren't his own decision?

Overall not a pleasant situation for the Pirates or for Jeff. Hoping for the best for him and his family.

I hope for the best for a Tar Heel Family member!

Situation sure seems to have some questionable aspects, but I will just support a fellow Tar Heel!

In this climate in which we are being bombarded with new allegations daily, one is forced to think it may be other than a win/loss or change of scenery situation. I LOVE Lebo.... a terrific Tar Heel representative. Hope all is well with him and I wish him the best moving forward

The job is impossible. When is that last time they made the NCAAs? I think back in 1993, UNC played them first round. I believe they actually had a losing record and made it in by winning conference tourney.

Hope for the best for him. Nice guy. Had it going in his first stop at UTC, but then got impatient and jumped at the first bigger job that came his way when Auburn came calling. That was a career killer as it would be for most coaches. But this is just odd timing. You just don't up and quit at this point in the season without something going on. Maybe they allowed him to resign. Hopefully there isn't a health issue with him, or family, or some off court trouble driving this decision. Just an odd time to do this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT