ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Level Classic...

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
...in GBO. Any of y'all get to go?
Saw the rosters --- Jalek, Coby, Huffman, Baker, Hoard on the team PJ Hairston coached.
Haven't seen any video other than an instagram of Hoard dunking a game-winner and Ian Steere making a couple of ridiculous windmill dunks.

Get Ian Steere before Kansas does.

Jalek and Coby are typical carolina guards. Big time future for both.
Yeah. Would love to have seen those two playing together. 2018 preview! Apparently Jalek had a big game.

Streere intrigues me. Haven't watched him in person yet but those dunks were sick. Saw Clemson offered.

Last edited:
Said 3 times on premi, you chose to embellish it to 5 times, or maybe by saying "like 5 times", you could qualify it in your mind.

I misread it the first time. Yes it was 3 not 5. I cant understand the hostility from some of you "do gooders". All I was doing was reporting something that happened in the game and Steere seems like He could be a big time prospect. The fact that he posterized Huffman 3 times was impressive to me. Im sorry some of you apparently are so sensitive you cant handle it.

It's not hostility. It's pointing out the fact that you seem to dwell on the negative aspects of our recruits, over and over and over again. Sorry you're so sensitive you can't handle that.

Youre ridiculous. Thats just you projecting something onto me from your feeble most likely upper middle aged average imagination. Thats all I can think of when you post. Average. Boring. Redundant.

I was reporting something that happened at the game I found impressive. You chose to take it as something it remotely was not. Too bad.

I misread it the first time. Yes it was 3 not 5. I cant understand the hostility from some of you "do gooders". All I was doing was reporting something that happened in the game and Steere seems like He could be a big time prospect. The fact that he posterized Huffman 3 times was impressive to me. Im sorry some of you apparently are so sensitive you cant handle it.

Hostile is not a word I would use to describe me, nor is "do gooder", whatever that is, but if you perceive me as such, so be it. Nowhere in your original post did you indicate Steere could be a big time prospect, you simply stated he posterized Huffman x# of times. I think the fact that he did that is impressive to all of us, it certainly is to me. And finally, my skin is thicker than most people's (I umpire, it has to be), therefore sensitive does not accurately describe me either, and I am still trying to figure out exactly what it is I can't handle.

Reactions: gary-7
That's just you projecting something from your most likely still wet behind the ears, instant gratification mindset. See how that works? Your posts constantly pointing out the mediocrity of our three incoming bigs is the definition of boring redundancy.

Reactions: Ned Cota
That's just you projecting something from your most likely still wet behind the ears, instant gratification mindset. See how that works? Your posts constantly pointing out the mediocrity of our three incoming bigs is the definition of boring redundancy.

Where in my post did I denigrate Huffman or say hes mediocre? Why arent you calling out Deanna for posting the video? I found it impressive that the kid dunked on huffman like that multiple times. I made no comment about Huffmans ability level. This whole thing is coming from you.

video shows 2 dunks...not greatly impressed but its very good to see an aggressive approach on the other hand in a serious game,he should get fouled..he wasn't dribbling then jumped over Huff..in each dunk he had a clear path to the hoop

Didn't look that bad to me. Steere had the advantage both times. People overreact to any dunks. Don't get me wrong. I love them too, but the reactions were dunk contest level reactions.

In the first dunk, Huffman recovered from trying to block the other player. He recovered quickly enough to at least attempt the second block. Going for the block on the first player is more problematic than the 'posterization'. The guy didn't even pump fake. The second, Huffman did his best to close out from way behind. Again, if that was his cover, the bad part is the defense before the dunk, not during the dunk.

So you consider Steare posterizing Huffman impressive because you consider Huffman to be a very good player? My bad.

Im not really sure what youre trying to do here but you should stop before you make yourself look even more asinine.

Didn't look that bad to me. Steere had the advantage both times. People overreact to any dunks. Don't get me wrong. I love them too, but the reactions were dunk contest level reactions.
In the first dunk, Huffman recovered from trying to block the other player. He recovered quickly enough to at least attempt the second block.

Good point!
Anyone above a middle school mindset can see that Huffman did his best to "help and recover" in this video.

Youre ridiculous. Thats just you projecting something onto me from your feeble most likely upper middle aged average imagination. Thats all I can think of when you post. Average. Boring. Redundant.

I was reporting something that happened at the game I found impressive. You chose to take it as something it remotely was not. Too bad.
...something you didn't even see, yet you were quick to exaggerate the irrelevant.

I saw the vid of the dunks before I started this thread, and as I said they were quite impressive. However they had little to do with whom was on the defensive side to get "posterized", especially since after all it was a chariry all-star game. I also read that Jalek had 21 and several nice assists. Didn't need "premi" for that either, nor any reason to bash whomever was guarding him :rolleyes:

...something you didn't even see, yet you were quick to exaggerate the irrelevant.

I saw the vid of the dunks before I started this thread, and as I said they were quite impressive. However they had little to do with whom was on the defensive side to get "posterized", especially since after all it was a chariry all-star game. I also read that Jalek had 21 and several nice assists. Didn't need "premi" for that either, nor any reason to bash whomever was guarding him :rolleyes:

Hahah you guys are about as defensive as pre menopausal woman. Good lord, the kid got dunked on a few times, get over it. I wasnt even the one who coined the "posterized" term, but someone who was there that works for Fricken THI said it, as did others.

Hahah you guys are about as defensive as pre menopausal woman. Good lord, the kid got dunked on a few times, get over it. I wasnt even the one who coined the "posterized" term, but someone who was there that works for Fricken THI said it, as did others.
You're the one whose post was on the rag. The rest of us are talking about some good stuff from players at a cool charity game.

Reactions: viking131
You're the one whose post was on the rag. The rest of us are talking about some good stuff from players at a cool charity game.

I pointed out the same F'ing thing Deanna did on premium, and here as well. Biased much?

If that don't get you lit up then your wood is wet!!!
For real. Ironically there are even some UNC fans who don't realize just how good this kid can be. I know Uncle Ray has told him what to expect, and if he comes in engaged and ready to grasp Roy's philosophy and commits to D he's gonna be special.

His PG instincts are what one would expect from a Felton, and he can flat score. He'll help us both on and off the ball this season and be ready to run the show when JB passes him the keys. Next great Carolina PG.

Was Huffman 00?
Yep.
And like we've talked about, he is a bit of a project (as most Bigs are at that age), but he has a physical presence and by all reports a great attitide, so I expect him to develop into a productive player for us over time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT