ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Level Classic...

Make one harmless observation which was also said by a person who works for the fricken board and was there...and watch the monkeys go crazy.

Priceless.

Make one harmless observation which was also said by a person who works for the fricken board and was there...and watch the monkeys go crazy.

Priceless.
...except she didn't exaggerate it to cast our recruit in a negative light. But carry on with your martyrdom.

...except she didn't exaggerate it to cast our recruit in a negative light. But carry on with your martyrdom.

I admitted I misread it and said 5 instead of 3. Is that really what this is about? hahaha wow.

I don't see any of us predicting any of our freshmen bigs to dominate. Hell, Bolden couldn't and he was a can't miss 5* recruit coached by the "best college coach" in the land. But they want to be at UNC and I like their potential.

And after winning another title, the pressure is nonexistent this coming season, especially if Tony leaves as expected.

I don't see any of us predicting any of our freshmen bigs to dominate. Hell, Bolden couldn't and he was a can't miss 5* recruit coached by the "best college coach" in the land. But they want to be at UNC and I like their potential.

And after winning another title, the pressure is nonexistent this coming season, especially if Tony leaves as expected.

thats great and again I wasnt posting it to denigrate Huffman. I was just reporting something that I found impressive that was first stated by someone who was there and is affiliated with this site.

Steere was a late bloomer mostly because he wasn't active on all the big time circuits until he attended Wesleyan Christian in high point (produced Theo and Harry Giles). Kid is every bit of a top 5 big in his class. Believe me.

If we don't get Steere, he will be a kid that you see tear it up in another jersey but say how big of a UNC fan he was and wonder how the F*ck he didn't end up in a Carolina jersey.....

What I like is that Huff couldn't care less about getting dunked on; he kept sticking his head in there and playing hard. He also stayed in the team concept and allowed his playmakers to get him some easy looks! A youngster that doesn't take his opponents success personally will grow into a special defender. Like great cornerbacks always say, you have to forget the last play and perform in the now!

Huff will be a very good big for us sooner rather than later and will be a fan favorite!

Ok..my post on premium said I wish Coach would offer Ian Steere. He was going off in Greensboro and it included 3 posterizing dunks against Brandon. It wasn't a slight to Brandon because he actually tried to defend in this game. I guess it made the dunks better since somebody was actually trying to block it instead of just letting someone dunk it without any resistance. Brandon actually was smiling after it. The reason why I said offer Steere is he is local 2018 kid that grew up a Heel fan and is a true power forward. He has a great build and plays a lot like Blake Griffin.

Yes, Jalek is going to be special for UNC. I hope he brings it this year and dominates on the floor.

I love what I see in Steere also, but I would guess that more offers won't go out in 2018 until we get some more Hamilton/Lanford feedback. Aren't we swiftly running out of '18 schollies?

Ok..my post on premium said I wish Coach would offer Ian Steere. He was going off in Greensboro and it included 3 posterizing dunks against Brandon. It wasn't a slight to Brandon because he actually tried to defend in this game. I guess it made the dunks better since somebody was actually trying to block it instead of just letting someone dunk it without any resistance. Brandon actually was smiling after it. The reason why I said offer Steere is he is local 2018 kid that grew up a Heel fan and is a true power forward. He has a great build and plays a lot like Blake Griffin.

Yes, Jalek is going to be special for UNC. I hope he brings it this year and dominates on the floor.
As I said I am intrigued by Steere and I hope we offer as well. He's still young and having that explosiveness can't be a bad thing. And as we've discussed there aren't that many skilled guys with size in that class.

If it came down to it, would you guys prefer Steere to Hamilton though? I ask because I haven't seen much of Steere, but he is really physically gifted! Do you peeps see us having enough schollies to take them both. (am I missing something)

Yeah, it looked like Huffman was dunked on once. The other one where he was coming from behind certainly wasn't a facial. And even in the one where he got banged on, he was recovering from the weak side. If that's the worst he ever sees, he'll be pretty fortunate. And I noticed in the Jalek video that Huffman had at least 4 monster dunks of his own. They weren't "on" someone but I think that's because no one had the balls to get in front of him.

Sooooo...

Can we talk about how freaking good Jalek is? How about that?

If he had his uncle's heart and grit, I think he's a top 10 talent. But he doesn't seem to have the same kind of competitive spirit that Ray had. But I didn't really see Ray play in high school so I don't even know if he was the warrior he came to be in high school. Roy could have turned him into that to some degree. If Jalek develops that kind of will, he will be special. He looks to have more God given ability than Ray. His elevation is effortless. His stroke looks consistent and he did get his uncle's court vision. I'm stoked about watching him over the next couple of years. I think he's a 2 year player.

If he had his uncle's heart and grit, I think he's a top 10 talent. But he doesn't seem to have the same kind of competitive spirit that Ray had. But I didn't really see Ray play in high school so I don't even know if he was the warrior he came to be in high school. Roy could have turned him into that to some degree. If Jalek develops that kind of will, he will be special. He looks to have more God given ability than Ray. His elevation is effortless. His stroke looks consistent and he did get his uncle's court vision. I'm stoked about watching him over the next couple of years. I think he's a 2 year player.
I saw Ray play before he got to UNC and he was a scorer with a sick street game. As you said he bought in to the system at Carolina under Roy and became a leader and warrior. I suspect things have come easier for Jalek with all that physical talent, but as I said before, I think Uncle Ray will have him coming in with his head right. I also like that he's not coming in with a OAD mindset and has stated as much. We should have him for at least 2, maybe 3.

If you add learning how to play efficient PG to Felton's outstanding athletic talents, he will be a real problem for the rest of the NCAA! I'm setting my expectations at 2 years max so if he stays a third it will be a pleasant surprise! Imagine the customary UNC sophomore jump added to his skill set!

Reactions: gary-7
If it came down to it, would you guys prefer Steere to Hamilton though? I ask because I haven't seen much of Steere, but he is really physically gifted! Do you peeps see us having enough schollies to take them both. (am I missing something)
Steere is a true PF and isn't scared of being called one.

Ian's dad: Noah Steere

thats great and again I wasnt posting it to denigrate Huffman. I was just reporting something that I found impressive that was first stated by someone who was there and is affiliated with this site.

Based on what you said it appeared as if you were celebrating the fact that Huffman was dunked on, to the extent that you over stated big time what actually happened. To pretend to be victimized by the push back is laughable thou not funny at all.Your continued defense of such poor form and attempt to negatively label those that pushed back at you is boorish.

Additionally interesting is it appears that when you wrote your celebration of Huffman being dunked on you had not even seen what you were celebrating? Don't try to blame Deena for your words, Deena was not celebrating a UNC player (Huffman) being dunked on, she was expressing how impressive the Steele kid was to her and that is not what your words reflect you were doing.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
So that's what the Hulk is doing in retirement!

As a coach it might be hard to argue if Dad wanted more PT for his kid though, lol!

Between Pops and Jonas, the kid would be huge by his sophomore year if he came to UNC! Pops biceps could play the wing for us!

Based on what you said it appeared as if you were celebrating the fact that Huffman was dunked on, to the extent that you over stated big time what actually happened. To pretend to be victimized by the push back is laughable thou not funny at all.Your continued defense of such poor form and attempt to negatively label those that pushed back at you is boorish.

Additionally interesting is it appears that when you wrote your celebration of Huffman being dunked on you had not even seen what you were celebrating? Don't try to blame Deena for your words, Deena was not celebrating a UNC player (Huffman) being dunked on, she was expressing how impressive the Steele kid was to her and that is not what your words reflect you were doing.

Oh look its the grand novelist come to chime in his lower 70 IQ two cents. Let me clear it up so that you can maybe glimpse an understanding.(Note how it wont take me 16 paragraphs to do so).Deana posted 20 minutes before I did on here(on premium) that Huffman was "posterized" 3 times by Steere. All I said was "apparently Huffman was posterized like 5 times by steere". I made an error in the number in the translation which I admitted a few posts later.

So, If youre going to pretend that Im "celebrating" Huffman being dunked on then Id ask youd apply that same flawed logic to Deana, since she was the one who was there and used the term herself. Lastly, I hardly feel victimized. Quite the opposite in fact, I find the hilarity in what I percieve to be the monkeys losing their collective minds over such a harmless quote. Youre just the latest chimp to let it into his feeble head.

Last edited:
Oh look its the grand novelist come to chime in his lower 70 IQ two cents. Let me clear it up so that you can maybe glimpse an understanding.(Note how it wont take me 16 paragraphs to do so).Deana posted 20 minutes before I did on here(on premium) that Huffman was "posterized" 3 times by Steere. All I said was "apparently Huffman was posterized 5 times by steere". I made an error in the number in the translation which I admitted a few posts later.

So, If youre going to pretend that Im "celebrating" Huffman being dunked on then Id ask youd apply that same flawed logic to Deana, since she was the one who was there and used the term herself. Lastly, I hardly feel victimized. Quite the opposite in fact, I find the hilarity in what I percieve to be the monkeys losing their collective minds over such a harmless quote. Youre just the latest chimp to let it into his feeble head.
Yeah, the great novelist didn't have to write a novel to tell you that you were being boorish. Don't try to blame Deana for your nonsense, she was not dumping on one of our future players as you were. Don't try that innocent card with me pal, I will call you on that nonsense every time.

Meh. The first one, that stuff happens if you actually play defense. If he challenges shots, it won't be the last time he gets a face full of leather. He will block many of those too.

The second one, the dude was all alone and he came in late. Kind of a d-bag move to stare someone down just because they were in your vicinity when you did your "all alone" windmill.

Of course all the millennials overreact as usual.

Yeah, I'm trying not to judge him too harshly, but I really don't like all the wolfing Steere does on routine plays. A windmill dunk is routine when you are all alone BTW! The first flush I would have given Huff a little business on too, because it was a direct (if late) challenge! I also would have given Huff his props on his dunks though.

Yeah, I'm trying not to judge him too harshly, but I really don't like all the wolfing Steere does on routine plays. A windmill dunk is routine when you are all alone BTW! The first flush I would have given Huff a little business on too, because it was a direct (if late) challenge! I also would have given Huff his props on his dunks though.

Huff definitely goes to the hoop hard per that highlight video! I like that he goes strong to the basket!!

...and remember, it was a chariity all-star game where showboating is a norm and the crowd was whooping it up like it was an And-1 Tour game and "The Professor" had just backhand alley-ooped to "Helicopter". I don't think Ian was trying to show up Brandon. Hell, maybe they'll be teammates one day...:cool:

Like Dean once said about Sheed screaming after a big slam, "heck, if I could dunk like that I'd probably scream too"...:eek:

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT