ADVERTISEMENT

Just For Fun

MWHeels

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
UNC 2008-2009 Championship team vs. UNC 2016-2017 Championship team. Who wins?

I can't remember if this has ever been discussed. If it has, I apologize. Just thought it would be fun to talk about it.

To me, this isn't even a discussion. The 2009 team wins and likely wins comfortably in the 8-10 points range. We don't need to forget that the 2009 team was one of the most dominant Carolina teams ever. Just look at how they destroyed teams.

Honestly if you rated just Roy's three championship teams, I'd have to say:
09 > 05 > 17

Last year's team was maybe even Roy's 6th best team. '05, '07, '08, '09, and '16 were better, I think (and arguably the '12 team, but I'm not as high on that one as most people).

Last year's team was maybe even Roy's 6th best team. '05, '07, '08, '09, and '16 were better, I think (and arguably the '12 team, but I'm not as high on that one as most people).
Must be something else.
That team cuts the nets down in Kendall doesn't get hurt.

Must be something else.

Hey there, best buddy.

That team cuts the nets down in Kendall doesn't get hurt.

Quite possibly. That team was very good, and it would've had a real shot at winning.

But I do think UK was better, as do most people outside of the UNC fanbase. Plus we could've lost to Kansas anyway, and Ohio State was also really strong. Winning a championship is hard. The best team doesn't win the majority of years.

^They beat us by 1 @ Rupp early season.
I will put my money on UNC in a winner take all re-match between RW and Calipari.

The only thing uK was better at is hype and OAD....i.e 2017

I would definitely put '17 ahead of '07 and '12. I think they could have won the National Championship and beaten Kentucky, but I still feel that teams overrated as hell.

^They beat us by 1 @ Rupp early season.
I will put my money on UNC in a winner take all re-match between RW and Calipari.

The only thing uK was better at is hype and OAD....i.e 2017
Anthony Davis is the answer. But I would of loved to have seen the rematch.

The "best player of the last decade" had 7pts and 9rbs against us.
:rolleyes:

Yep. And senior Tyler Hansbrough had 8 and 6 in the tournament against OU. Brice had 3 and 9 against Clemson. Buddy Hield had 9 and 7 getting blown out in the last game of his college career. It happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT