ADVERTISEMENT

KABOOM!

It's just not fair. :) How are the rest of us supposed to give UNC a good game? Well, we'll try. For UVA, it's definitely a development route. However, when the talent level is as high as your 2020 class is so far, development may need to be changed to just getting them to play together.

It's just not fair. :) How are the rest of us supposed to give UNC a good game? Well, we'll try. For UVA, it's definitely a development route. However, when the talent level is as high as your 2020 class is so far, development may need to be changed to just getting them to play together.

Not necessary to change anything with the group that's coming in. Each have played extensively with the others, so..., only have to Roytize them.

doesn't include any of the walk ons that now have schollys
Yes it does. KJ, Cole, Pierce, Keeling, and Robinson are the 5 open spots .So just 2 left included the walk on offer .so if get Thompson then leaves just one for either Zaire or Cade. Roy isn't going take Bacot until he knows he is gone until spring .So Cade and Zaire be committed by then so if people think its one or none looking like mabye none If have just one left I'd Bryce jumps

Reactions: TheGLOV
Seems OSU thinks Bryce coming to them and he knows Cade is coming too. Have sources saying the family like UNC but he would be off the bench here versus starting OSU .Would be something if the backcourt we wanting goes to OSU

Never really felt the love from Thompson but if he were to commit, Roy would take him in a New York minute. A bird in the hand... Zaire and Cade have had plenty of time to get on board the train. It may all come down to timing now. I feel we sign at least one of those three, and if so, I would be elated with our class.

Personally, I think they are the best players at their respective positions from this class. Yes, I know, the controversial aspect of that statement is Thompson. Kid is a baller, though, and his rise has been precipitous, whereas Jalen Green and the Kentucky kids have always been ranked way up there.

If Roy gets any two of them, then this would be an all-time Carolina class. If he gets all three, then ... I won’t know what to say.

Ziaire remains the essential piece, though.

OSU sources saying they going get Cade and have many sources on Cade to OSU. Also think it's a battle between OSU and OU for Bryce and that his Gf is enrolled at OU. Seems Bryce and Cade might team up

If this happens which we all know Cade to osu likely happens who do we target .Davis is a Pitt lean, Puff Arizona lean who else might we try get .one more commit and a grad?

[QUOTE="Latenhomes, post: 1257995, member: 53190"]If this happens which we all know Cade to osu likely happens who do we target .Davis is a Pitt lean, Puff Arizona lean who else might we try get .one more commit and a grad?[/QUOTE]

No we DON't know that this likely happens.

All signs indicate that we are a real player for this young man.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
OSU sources saying they going get Cade and have many sources on Cade to OSU. Also think it's a battle between OSU and OU for Bryce and that his Gf is enrolled at OU. Seems Bryce and Cade might team up

1atbiq.jpg

I really like how Roy was more aggressive in handing out offers for the 2020 class and making multiple offers at the positions of need, it was an approach that is showing to pay off. It’s only the beginning of the Fall Period and we couldn't have asked for a better start to it.

In regards to Caleb, I really like how much he has continued to improve and progress forward as a lead guard over this summer. His style of play, feel for the game and leadership of the floor is going to allow him to come in and make the impact we need from him on both ends. He also seems so willing to work and develop his game and I really liked a comment he made about how he is looking forward to watching Carolina games this year and seeing the system in action.

I also feel that having a PG like Caleb on board early is very beneficial for Roy as he ramps up his pursuit on his wing targets over the next few weeks. We got a good one here in Caleb Love!

I know this sounds crazy, but I am fine if we get a couple of 4* players that we can develop for 3-4 years, and either Zaire or Cade. I always said when we were missing out on the one and done kids that I enjoyed our team more because I do know that it is usually the teams that have juniors and seniors leading them that win the championships. In college I root for the team, in the NBA I root for players. If we get 5, 5 star players that means every year we got to go out and get 5 more 5 star players, and Duke and Kentucky are proving that it works every know and again, but maintaining that is hard! Happy to see we are back on the map with these elite kids, but I also don't want us to forget that we went to back to back championship games with kids that stuck around for awhile.

Having Leaky, Brooks, Manley, and Huffman may prove to be what gets a chip in April 2021, more than even having all of these 5* players that will be coming. Although Cole will have to be a leader for us this year, I am not trying to have to depend on a freshman being great every year in order for us to have a good year.

Looking forward to who is next to sign, but I am fine if don't get anymore of the elite. A pure three point shooter would be nice and there are some nice shooters that are not 5 star players out there. Roy has a great track record of developing guys over 4 years.

Thanks for the insights @FranktheHeel We are indeed getting a very good young man, as well as an elite player. With Cole most likely OAD, and Jeremiah out indefinitely, we desperately needed a PG that can play from day one. I think Caleb fits the bill.

Now Roy can concentrate on a wing player or two to round out a fantastic class.
With Love on board the glaring need for a top shelf PG is filled. Now of course, if we can get cade we for sure take him but if we don't get cade we are now fine with the tandem of Love and Jeremiah (who I do think will become a factor in 2020 and IMO a red shirt with 4 years to play after this season). The need now is at the wing thou I do want Bryce to come in as a shooter. Even if that does not happen we have a solid pair of 2s in Ant and Platek as well as leaky maybe preferring to operate from the 2 than 3. So that turns the wheel strong toward wings, Puff, Z, and Timberlake (who is maybe more a Lynch type 4). Either 1 of those guys is a huge get for talent as well as filling need and 2 of them would be over the moon!

Ant Harris could be a guy who can consistently knock down long range shots, his HS stats bear that out, if he can fully recover from his ACL injury.
I am a bit surprised folks are not all that excited that we have Ant Harris, kid is fantastic, passionate defender that can for sure put points up and handle the ball well for a 2.

I am a bit surprised folks are not all that excited that we have Ant Harris, kid is fantastic, passionate defender that can for sure put points up and handle the ball well for a 2.
before injury Harris was flying up the rankings. same with francis. it always was a head scratcher how dook, and ky could have recruits get a bad injury and scouts would say they don't need to prove anything else, and keep said recruit right there in the top 5... when UNC has a recruit that this happens to they drop the recruits ranking like a stone, even if it's a top 10 kid. Their reasoning? well he needs to play so he can show us more...

Everything I have gleaned from looking from osu fans are they believe they have a legit shot at both Thompson and Cade, but they don't know where they are going. They do know it's down to us and them for Cade, and we are kinda on the outside looking in with Thompson, but we are beating that door pretty hard... If I had to guess, I would say Zaire surprises by coming even if we dont land Cade. The kid just seems to love being at UNC. Everytime I looked across and saw him at late nite he was smiling ear to ear. This is just an opinion no inside info like I had with francis, but i believe he pops before spring for us. just an opinion

Everything I have gleaned from looking from osu fans are they believe they have a legit shot at both Thompson and Cade, but they don't know where they are going. They do know it's down to us and them for Cade, and we are kinda on the outside looking in with Thompson, but we are beating that door pretty hard... If I had to guess, I would say Zaire surprises by coming even if we dont land Cade. The kid just seems to love being at UNC. Everytime I looked across and saw him at late nite he was smiling ear to ear. This is just an opinion no inside info like I had with francis, but i believe he pops before spring for us. just an opinion
If we land Zaire and no one else, I’d be a happy camper. He does seem to love Chapel Hill. I believe Cade winds up playing for his brother. And even though Bryce is seriously looking at us, I feel the idea of playing in front of his friends and family will entice him to stay home in the end. Just my gut feeling.

My hope is that we sign Zaire and either Puff Johnson or Kerwin Walker to round out the ‘20 class. Puff would fit right in, fill an immediate need, and if he’s anything like his bro, is a class act. I really want him in baby blue. And Walton is a superb marksman, but we may have gotten involved too late.

Sharpe
Kessler
Zaire
Johnson/Walton
Love

I know, I know, but an old man can dream can’t he?

Last edited:
Cade Cunningham: "The biggest thing that surprised me (about the visit to UNC last weekend) was the atmosphere. Even with the football team, the fans are so North Carolina, no matter what it is; women’s soccer, just everything. I really liked that. Coach Roy (Williams), he is a great coach. Even stepping into the gym, it was kind of surreal for me."

Puff/Zaire for me!

Handles shooting, star power, and the glue guy that will stay at least 2-3 years! Never seen Kerwin play, but if Roy and some of the peeps here I trust think he fits in well, I'm sold! Can't wait to see Ant play without pain! I think he is slipping a bit under the radar due to uncertainty about health, but I really think his tough play, skilled shooting/slashing, and + D will elevate hin to fan fave really quickly!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT