ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Smith Jr to walk on.

You miss the point. Scouting lingo for the sake of making yourself sound intelligent about walkons who will be inconsequential to anything that happens on the court strikes me as hollow and banal.

Now talking about the projections for say a coby white or another recruit who will actually you know-play--is totally different.
Unlike you I don't have to "make" myself sound intelligent. Sorry you're so elitist that you think only kids like Coby merit a discussion :rolleyes: on a Carolina basketball board... doesn't exactly strike me as being in the spirit of the team concept that Dean Smith and Roy Williams have so effectively championed.

And how ironic you used the term "banal" because that pretty much sums up what you just posted.

Am I correct in thinking that KJ Smith was class of 2015 but went to a prep school for a year? Then a year at Pacific - where he played mostly against cream puffs, but also against Gonzaga and St Marys.

So, after sitting out this year, he will be chronologically a junior in 2018-19 (same as Seventh, for example), but with 3 years of eligibility.

All that experience, including a year of training at UNC before he hits the court in games that count.

This will be an interesting experiment to watch.

Unlike you I don't have to "make" myself sound intelligent. Sorry you're so elitist that you think only kids like Coby merit a discussion :rolleyes: on a Carolina basketball board... doesn't exactly strike me as being in the spirit of the team concept that Dean Smith and Roy Williams have so effectively championed.

And how ironic you used the term "banal" because that pretty much sums up what you just posted.

Whatever you need to tell yourself. And the constant petulant insults everytime you quote me does nothing to dissuade my opinion-and does everything to reveal your insecurity.

Whatever you need to tell yourself. And the constant petulant insults everytime you quote me does nothing to dissuade my opinion-and does everything to reveal your insecurity.
I invite anyone who has any remaining doubts about your motives to simply peruse your posts ITT. You throw around insults then claim to be insulted. All your flailing has simply exposed you for what you are.

This forum is supposed to be a place where Carolina fans can pass on info, exchange ideas and basically talk basketball. You've made abundantly clear you don't know anything about basketball, which would be fine if you didnt spend your time disparaging those who do. So again, as if there was ever any doubt, you have shown yourself to be the lowest form of cyber life --- the internet troll. Get a life.

I invite anyone who has any remaining doubts about your motives to simply peruse your posts ITT. You throw around insults then claim to be insulted. All your flailing has simply exposed you for what you are.

This forum is supposed to be a place where Carolina fans can pass on info, exchange ideas and basically talk basketball. You've made abundantly clear you don't know anything about basketball, which would be fine if you didnt spend your time disparaging those who do. So again, as if there was ever any doubt, you have shown yourself to be the lowest form of cyber life --- the internet troll. Get a life.

I think there's not one post in this thread where I've insulted anyone. You, on the other hand, have at least twice referred to me as a troll and lacking intelligence.

Basketball knowledge is subjective at best. If I wanted I could type 200 word diatribes extolling the virtues of our future walkons, but my energy is better spent elsewhere. But I don't disparage anyone being a legend in their own minds. Whatever gets you through the day.

See, this is the kind of crap there is no call for. He's a TAR HEEL hope he improves every year and if not, he is living his dream. Ease up.

It was a joke. Yesterday someone posted a bunch of stuff dsouthr had said about rush and his playing abilities.

Really stiff around here.

Good god another thread where certain posters are making our walk on's into studs.

Seriously...it gets real weird around here in the summer.

Yeah, but another thread where people feel the need to call others out for their optimism. Who cares if there are some that want to pump up our walk-ons? What's it to you? What's it to anyone? For the record, I agree with you and Heelz46 that it's very unlikely these guys ever play meaningful minutes. But I just don't care if others want to believe that. More power to them and I hope they're right.

Why is it always a pissing match around here?

Yeah, but another thread where people feel the need to call others out for their optimism. Who cares if there are some that want to pump up our walk-ons? What's it to you? What's it to anyone? For the record, I agree with you and Heelz46 that it's very unlikely these guys ever play meaningful minutes. But I just don't care if others want to believe that. More power to them and I hope they're right.

Why is it always a pissing match around here?

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I think guys on here just love to argue with each other for some reason. I have ignored Sdumbs comments for a bit now and it seems gr8. If I could hit the ignore button for others I would and maybe things would be better on here.:)

I think guys on here just love to argue with each other for some reason. I have ignored Sdumbs comments for a bit now and it seems gr8. If I could hit the ignore button for others I would and maybe things would be better on here.:)

In all seriousness, I recommend it. There are just some people here you're not going to ever appreciate their opinion. Better off not having to read it. And they're better off too.

If you want to argue about insignificant things, try OOTB. That's what we do well over there.

In all seriousness, I recommend it. There are just some people here you're not going to ever appreciate their opinion. Better off not having to read it. And they're better off too.

If you want to argue about insignificant things, try OOTB. That's what we do well over there.

Ignore is my friend. I turned it off for this thread and that experiment confirms I have the right people on Ignore. They haven't improved one whit over time, even with our recent National Championship.

For the sake of clarity, you are not among their numbers GSD.

I almost never have anyone on ignore over here. If I spent any time on OOTB, I'd probably have half of them on ignore.

If you put someone on ignore on the politics board are they also ignored on the basketball board?

No knock on Stillman, but KJ is and upgrade from Stillman, and Stillman saw spot minutes this year.

...and you've been on here now, what, a little over 3 months? And you've provided exactly what (other than trolling)?

Folks are providing honest opinions. If you agree, fine... if you don't, fine. How about contributing something of substance to the discussion instead of just hijacking threads?

Your sarcastic use of the term "experts" aside, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to talent evaluation, so how about this?
- Shea is "awkwardly athletic" in that he is very explosive but is not smooth in his movements and body control. Kids like that can improve in those latter aspects, but the question is how much? He has a great attitude and could well work his way into being a rotation back-up his last year or two, or then again he may not. The point is don't be surprised either way.
- Walker, as I discussed yesterday (and @acarter0277 alluded to) is a late-growth-spurt kid whose body will need to catch up in strength, etc.. However, he is nicely skilled at his size with a good shooting touch. There is no reason (other than injury) he shouldn't help us on the court within his first couple of seasons once he goes through college strength and agility training and learns to bang around against stouter kids in practice. He likely would have played a good bit at Dartmouth this season, and can very well be ready to contribute at UNC with an extra year and 15 pounds under his belt.
- KJ was a very solid player at elite HS programs (Mater Dei, IMG), but doesn't have his dad's elite talent --- he is more of a "mid-major" kid as far as that goes and his scholarship offers (witness: Pacific). That being said, he is a legit college basketball player with decent skills, good basketball IQ and a good shot. As I said above he could well develop into a solid back-up rotation player for us down the road.

So there's my contribution. Have anything specific you wanna dispute with these evaluations?
Feel free...

I almost never have anyone on ignore over here. If I spent any time on OOTB, I'd probably have half of them on ignore.

If you put someone on ignore on the politics board are they also ignored on the basketball board?

Pretty much that's the case . .

I put forth a motion to not only close this thread but delete it for ever. Whitewash it like it belongs to a politician!

I am a frequent user of ignore! I only use it on obvious trolls and tools though. I love to debate with peeps that can disagree with intelligence not simply resort to childish stalking or namecalling!

Anybody who doesn't appreciate the legacy recruits no matter their talent level, will never understand the Tar Heel Way!

Reactions: DSouthr
It was a joke. Yesterday someone posted a bunch of stuff dsouthr had said about rush and his playing abilities.

Really stiff around here.

It was not a joke nor was it funny, it was nothing more than your same old nonsense. I am not going to buy in to your cat fishing BS, you are nothing more than a troll no matter how many screen names you need to hide behind. You were banned here at least once as butterbutt, you were banned on IC for similar nonsense, because you just do not seem to be able to conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

It was not a joke nor was it funny, it was nothing more than your same old nonsense. I am not going to buy in to your cat fishing BS, you are nothing more than a troll no matter how many screen names you need to hide behind. You were banned here at least once as butterbutt, you were banned on IC for similar nonsense, because you just do not seem to be able to conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Dude...it's right on your profile when you post.

<----------- See.

He literally just had to copy and paste, it probably took him 1.4 seconds. Pick your battles.

Wasn't going to post on this thread but this made me laugh

The one you deleted. Us mods can still see it.

I had 2 tabs open, I always check my poasts afterwards, it was deleted within 7 seconds after it was poasted, nobody saw it on the board before it was deleted SHEESH.(yes, I'm that good) and the deletion was re-poasted over on OOTB in the intended thread within a minute, it's still there btw, but, you knew that already.

All of that was done at 11:34 am . . you didn't post for a full 5 and a half hours after my post was deleted.
confused2.gif

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT