ADVERTISEMENT

Klay Thompson

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
GS would be a much better team if they had traded this guy and kept Harrison Barnes.
I'm not sure they will win the title.

No way. Barnes's skill-set has basically no value on the current version of the Warriors. He's a moderate efficiency post-up & isolation volume scorer who doesn't contribute much else. The Warriors have 3 primary creators (Curry, Durant, Green) and run a hyper-active offensive system; Barnes would be (and was) the 4th option, and Thompson crushes him in that role because he's an elite spot-up shooter and moves well off the ball. Plus Thompson is a much better defender.

Harrison's non-existence in the finals was a big part of the Warriors' collapse last year.

the op once told me I was "watching the wrong sport" when making a particular analyses about our past team. I am comforted by the contents of his thread opening post that I in fact have been watching the right sport.

Boy oh boy.

I love Barnes and he helped the Warriors (especially in certain situations) but Klay is an outstanding player. I'll never pull for Klay the way I do for Harrison but he is not a better player nor more important player than Thompson. That is pretty absurd.

Last edited:
Barnes missed a lot of open threes while with G.S, but to his credit his game is not all about three point shooting. For what G.S is trying to do they made the right move, and for what Dallas paid Barnes he made the right move also.

Reactions: dgheel57
Barnes missed a lot of open threes while with G.S, but to his credit his game is not all about three point shooting. For what G.S is trying to do they made the right move, and for what Dallas paid Barnes he made the right move also.

This has been Barnes problem throughout his career with both the Heels and NBA, being consistant from the arc.

Reactions: plm
That would be nice for GS, but his playoff run last year was average at best, and it has carried over into this season.
http://www.nba.com/players/klay/thompson/202691
He averaged 24.3 and shot 44% from 3 in the playoffs last year. He averaged 22.3 for the season this year. I hope UNC has some players this coming year with these kinds of "average at best" stats..

He averaged 24.3 and shot 44% from 3 in the playoffs last year. He averaged 22.3 for the season this year. I hope UNC has some players this coming year with these kinds of "average at best" stats..
He also had one game that he scored 60 and another when he had a 37 point QUARTER! I love Harrison too, but this is a little silly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT