ADVERTISEMENT

Locker Room: Several players transcribed

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Shakeel Rashad

On slowing Miami in the first half and especially stopping the run

We knew that we had ways to fit everything that they did and if we fit it right we’d be able to stop them. We came out and we were able to do that for a while.

On 3 years ago the incident at Duke and if that seems like a long time ago or like it just happened now that his career is almost over

It really doesn’t feel like it was that long ago because we never go home that much, we’re always here working out and getting better. And we do it for stuff like this, we can have good seasons. But it just feels like my college career has been one long season. It doesn’t feel like it was that long ago but it feels like we’ve accomplished a lot.

On dealing with injuries and finally having a season where he’s been ascending all along, how satisfying is it for the team and personally

As a team we’re really excited. We’re just playing better and better each game, and that’s the goal, to keep getting better each game so hopefully at the end of the season you’re playing your best ball. As for myself, I am fixing a lot of the mistakes I make but there’s still some in there, so there is still a long way to go. It’s a new position for me, I’m still learning every game, but I’m excited and really happy about where I’m at but I’m definitely not satisfied.

Jeff Schoettmer

On the season and the team’s chemistry

It’s been the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. The guys, the camaraderie we have, the locker room, the leadership that the guys show, just the brotherhood that we’ve created over these past 8 or 9 months that we’ve been together with this 2015 football team. I can’t say enough good things about the guys on the team, we’re confident right now. We understand we’ve still got some work to do but we feel like we’re in a very good place right now.

On the team’s slogan “Got Your Back”

Landon Turner started it earlier in the year, after pre-game warmups we got in a huddle and he said to Bug Howard, ‘You got my back’ and he said, ‘I got your back,’ and we started yelling it back and forth. That’s been our motto for the whole year, and I think it’s a great one and we really believe it.

Marquise Williams

On being one win away from the ACC title game

It means a lot but we still can’t get complacent. There’s a lot of things we still need to work on to be successful, to beat Virginia Tech. And it’s going to be rocking on Saturday for Frank Beamer’s last game in Lane. I’m excited for the opportunity.

On what Kenan Stadium means to him

Incredible. This is an incredible place I will never forget. It’s emotional for me and bittersweet at the same time. This place made me who I am. I came in as a young child ad didn’t know anything, but I matured a lot. I grew, I met a lot of great people, and they changed me. It’s the best place ever.

Elijah Hood

On handling Miami

I think this was the best game we played this year as a team, offensively, defensively, special teams. Everything came together, and what a time to do it. Senior Day, last home game, 7-0 at home. Everything was kind of on the line, and we just came out there and performed, and it felt really good.

On what he’s learned from the seniors

Those guys are like my family. Some of the seniors are the ones that actually brought me up when I enrolled early. Kendrick (Singleton) was my roommate when I first came in, and he kind of showed me how things went along. That’s all I could think about was to do it for the seniors.

Quinshad Davis

On going out with a win

My performance, it was alright. As long as we got the win on senior night, that was my main goal. And to be 9-1 and to be 7-0 at home.

On going undefeated at home

We talked about legacy a lot coming into the season and we wanted to leave our own legacy, and we have. When you come into the Tar Pit you better bring you’re a game because we’re going to bring ours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News